Any other "no appearance package" trucks ?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Lariat with no appearance package--- sport, chrome, or FX4 --- even though the FX4 is more than an appearance package. I definitely wasn't getting the chrome or FX4, and didn't like the 2-tone of the sport model. Are there any others who built theirs like this ?
Sponsored

jh13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I ordered my Lariat with no appearance package--- sport, chrome, or FX4 --- even though the FX4 is more than an appearance package. I definitely wasn't getting the chrome or FX4, and didn't like the 2-tone of the sport model. Are there any others who built theirs like this ?
Yep. Went White Platinum and that’s it. Wanted the all white look.

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
+1 all-white (Oxford, FX4)
Plasti-dipping the chrome

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Yep. Went White Platinum and that’s it. Wanted the all white look.

Same here. While I do like most of the Chrome Package, I did not care for the look of the wheels. So, I stayed with plain Lariat package.

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion, 2015 CMax, 1937 Ford PU, 1968 Mustang
Yep, no appearance package for 03821. Lariat Crew Cab and Lighting Blue 4 X 4. Although I thought long and hard about the FX4 package, as I don't do off road and didn't want raised white letter tire was the final decision.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. While I do like most of the Chrome Package, I did not care for the look of the wheels. So, I stayed with plain Lariat package.
I wish there was an option for JUST chrome bumpers. Since they are metal, rather than plastic, I think chrome bumpers would hold up better than the painted ones if you are going offroad. I didn't care for the look of the chrome package wheels either.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
My Lariat order is without 501a so no appearance packages (you cannot get an appearance package without 501a). I might have opted for the sport package but did not to spend $1K more for the 501 on unwanted options.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I ordered an Oxford White Lariat 4X2 with 501a, locking rear, spray in bed liner, and tray mats. I only spend money on function and comfort.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Think I will go the Raptor grille as done in a other thread.. Way cheaper the the sport package and it will look fantastic

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a Lariat 4x4 with 500a package in shadow black. Plan to dip the grill in black once I get it!

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you get this grill. Does it complete with no modifications interchange?
Flea-Bay of course. Not sure on the amount of modifying it will take, but the other thread about the Raptor Grill, the guy said it took "a little" modifying to make it fit. It sounds like it may take a few test fittings to get it just right. So, it's not as simple as remove and replace, but I'm ok with that to get the look I want.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grille-Gri...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Not sure mine counts......Might be too close to a Sport package to qualify.

Lariat with Magnetic Grey paint, added the Magnetic Grey side vents and front grill. Stuck with the machined grey pocket rims of the std Lariat.

A bit of Graphite PlastiDip on what little chrome remained.
Sponsored