First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Civic si, they think they have a Ferrari.
2019 civic si 205hp 205 torque,
Guess my 360 Pound ft torque bamboozled them..
New accord drivers are under the impression that they are fast, that’s the word on the street lol..
happy hunting
2020 Honda Civic Type-R 0-60 and Quarter Mile all trims
Trim Name0-60 MPHStanding 1/4-mile
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)5 sec13.7 sec

2020 Honda Civic Type-R 0-60 and Quarter Mile Times ...
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
2020 Honda Civic Type-R 0-60 and Quarter Mile all trims
the SI an Type R are different...the numbers I saw on the SI was 0-60 in 6.6 an quarter in 15.0

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
uh huh, that's be Dave for sure.

And, what the hell??? There's no inflation going on here is there? Last I heard damper's only got you 10% increase as long as you were running a tune and octane with 500hp??!!??:angel:
See if you'd stop being so stubborn you'd see how much hp you'll actually gain. ?

10% is the stock damper. Running the 91-93 performance tune and the special imported oils I rub on it weekly is what gives me the added power. ?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
the SI an Type R are different...the numbers I saw on the SI was 0-60 in 6.6 an quarter in 15.0
Yup, but the stock Type R is fast , it’s not for me, but a respectable ride, that ET is being shifted manually..
Regards
Doc

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome!! :like:

That right there is the reason I decided NOT to get a tune. My driving record is finally spotless and insurance here is high enough. I know I would be racing everyone around here from light to light.

Now it's not without saying I'd back down from someone else antagonizing me (especially a Taco) but I just don't go out looking for it anymore. I figure between my motorcycles,snowmobiles and cars I've used up all my 9 lives. lol There's a lot of open back roads here where I'll open it up but I try my best not to mess around on the surface streets. :)
So much for not getting a tune lol...mine's over weight with gear and bad aero and I still am impressed with 87 stock performance...pretty confident I have little to face to loose launching against any truck off the line...with a tune someday? That'll be special...?

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
uh huh, that's be Dave for sure.

And, what the hell??? There's no inflation going on here is there? Last I heard damper's only got you 10% increase as long as you were running a tune and octane with 500hp??!!??:angel:
Hi Terry

Dave is quoting California horsepower. There are a lot of them, but they are all very small....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Terry

Dave is quoting California horsepower. There are a lot of them, but they are all very small....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil, You have the special edition Ford Racing damper so you know all about the added power. ? It's worth the gains but Terry doesn't believe me.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
They need to make high performance dampers filled with essential oils.

Just how powerful would one be filled with Lavender?!?!?!?

The mind boggles!!!!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Correct how ever an 800whp mustang doesn't put the power down to well in the street. Ist gear is totally useless. Were as a smart guy in a ranger would turn on the 4 wheel drive. Turn off the traction control. And completely jump a spinning muscle car in the street when the light goes green. Then at about 60mph when a supercharged mustang finally gets traction. It will fly by so fast. The truck might get blown off the road. By a sonic boom. :giggle:So I recomend drag racing rear drive sports cars either very short distances. Or racing them across some farmers field.:devil:
Sorry I am reading old posts and replying to you, but I was wondering isn’t 4Hi only rated for 45-60 mph? So it’d be safest to do 2wd with traction control off? Thank you for your knowledge.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sorry I am reading old posts and replying to you, but I was wondering isn’t 4Hi only rated for 45-60 mph? So it’d be safest to do 2wd with traction control off? Thank you for your knowledge.
Correct !

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
This happened last week... at a light and a brand new C8 Corvette pulls up beside me. I roll down the window to chat him up because I think C8s are awesome. It’s an older fella, really nice guy... we chat and he asks me what the Ranger is like. I say it’s sweet, but I haven’t really stomped it for more the.man getting on the 401 (highway here) he says follow me. So I follow him to a brand new sub division that hasn’t started building but has a great road that’s straight (it’s actually a block from my house and I hear people drag racing on it all night long). He offers to let me drive his C8 if he can drive my Ranger..... I’m nervous, I haven’t driven anything remotely close to a C8 and this is my brand new truck... I agree tho.. so he gets in with me in his C8 and off I go. It goes like a virgins dress drops on prom night. We get in my Ranger and he puts it in sport, off with the TRACON brake, brings it to 2000-2500 rpm then stomps the gas lets of the brake and bang we are gone. Mans gots a huge grin on his face. From stop to go was probably more forceful then the C8 but physics and science don’t compare the two on absolute get up and gone. So we decide to have a race maybe 300-400 metres..... I took his cue with the start he did in my Ranger and we went and for a few seconds I was out front, he only beat me by maybe a truck length.

min short the Ranger can haul ass.... and sort of can have a redneck launch control too. Anyways buddy is a lawyer and gave me his card, since I am needing one right now, and offered to do some pro Bono for me for a few hours.

i have had many people talk to me randomly about the Ranger and met some cool people like super car lawyer and it’s all the Ranger... she’s a fun ride for sure

Deerhunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Ops
My Ranger is my daily driver vehicle. It’s a fun little truck and has really surprised me. I also have a 2018 GMC Sierra Z71 Crew Cab that I use mainly to tow my bass boat. My Ranger will give the Z71 a run for its money for sure.

I have a lot of fun with this truck. One thing which happens about once a week is someone wants to stretch their WHATEVERTRUCKBRANDMODEL pickup against mine. Usually by looking at each other, smiling and well having some fun.

I’ve smoked plenty of tacos, a few tundras, frontiers, Colorado’s and the like today was special :)

Brand new model year Silverado z71. Dude pulled up next to me slipping his truck into neutral revving it like a mad man. I looked. We smiled. I slipped into sport and manual button shift.

Light turns green, we’re off. I’m about 3/4 down he’s hanging to my back corner panel. After a few seconds I open up to the floor and in a blink 40-85 like a bloody jet. Now five car lengths behind I let off the gas and coast down.

He come up next to me with just a look of complete and absolute utter shock. I couldn’t help but cackle and nod my head at him.

How I’ve managed to not get a ticket in the 7300 plus miles of fun since November is beyond me.

Smoking a decked z71 2019/20 MY though. Absolutely priceless.

I love this freaking truck ?

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Was
mmmhmmm

mmmmhmmm.....cool story
a strange man invites you to an isolated area with no one around...and you swap vehicles.....mmmhmmm.
Wasn’t exactly isolated... actually it’s right behind a big power centre here... Got the dashcam of it if you want I will pull it off eventually.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
This happened last week... at a light and a brand new C8 Corvette pulls up beside me. I roll down the window to chat him up because I think C8s are awesome. It’s an older fella, really nice guy... we chat and he asks me what the Ranger is like. I say it’s sweet, but I haven’t really stomped it for more the.man getting on the 401 (highway here) he says follow me. So I follow him to a brand new sub division that hasn’t started building but has a great road that’s straight (it’s actually a block from my house and I hear people drag racing on it all night long). He offers to let me drive his C8 if he can drive my Ranger..... I’m nervous, I haven’t driven anything remotely close to a C8 and this is my brand new truck... I agree tho.. so he gets in with me in his C8 and off I go. It goes like a virgins dress drops on prom night. We get in my Ranger and he puts it in sport, off with the TRACON brake, brings it to 2000-2500 rpm then stomps the gas lets of the brake and bang we are gone. Mans gots a huge grin on his face. From stop to go was probably more forceful then the C8 but physics and science don’t compare the two on absolute get up and gone. So we decide to have a race maybe 300-400 metres..... I took his cue with the start he did in my Ranger and we went and for a few seconds I was out front, he only beat me by maybe a truck length.

min short the Ranger can haul ass.... and sort of can have a redneck launch control too. Anyways buddy is a lawyer and gave me his card, since I am needing one right now, and offered to do some pro Bono for me for a few hours.

i have had many people talk to me randomly about the Ranger and met some cool people like super car lawyer and it’s all the Ranger... she’s a fun ride for sure
I saw a movie with a plot like this recently. Except it ended up with a front end loader burying the vehicle and dead driver in a farmers field.
Sponsored