First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
There is more to the story. Car was an M3 with a full exhaust so it was a bit loud. I was practicing cutting a light, using the cars launch control. Tires were most surely fighting for traction. I dont feel like I was being a wise ass to the cop and tried to be respectful, but I can see where comment about the speed limit might have been taken differently.
One thing I learned, Don’t call the Cop a Punk when you get pulled over ....
Sponsored

Mcssls

I used to get people trying that shit all the time when I had the challenger I just let them go. Then I traded for a Ranger and nobody tries

Reactions: Doc

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
I have a freeway on ramp that goes left then right 2 lanes to 1
Some dude in a lowered Honda accord with a trash can muffler pulled along side st the light revving his motor.
At the green i nailed it and pulled him by 5 car lengths going past the 2 to 1 lane accelerated to about 85 leaving him about 1/4 mile behind. Slowed down to 70 and he finally caught me flipped me off and started going in and out of traffic like a pissed off maniac.
I loved every moment ???
Lowered Hondas with a trash can muffler are a San Diego specialty ?. I can actually envision your exact experience.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I have a lot of fun with this truck. One thing which happens about once a week is someone wants to stretch their WHATEVERTRUCKBRANDMODEL pickup against mine. Usually by looking at each other, smiling and well having some fun.

I’ve smoked plenty of tacos, a few tundras, frontiers, Colorado’s and the like today was special :)

Brand new model year Silverado z71. Dude pulled up next to me slipping his truck into neutral revving it like a mad man. I looked. We smiled. I slipped into sport and manual button shift.

Light turns green, we’re off. I’m about 3/4 down he’s hanging to my back corner panel. After a few seconds I open up to the floor and in a blink 40-85 like a bloody jet. Now five car lengths behind I let off the gas and coast down.

He come up next to me with just a look of complete and absolute utter shock. I couldn’t help but cackle and nod my head at him.

How I’ve managed to not get a ticket in the 7300 plus miles of fun since November is beyond me.

Smoking a decked z71 2019/20 MY though. Absolutely priceless.

I love this freaking truck ?
That’s impressive. Especially for the Ranger. I’d imagine that would be one pissed off Silverado owner had that been the 6.2.

Truck racing and driving aggressively seems to be a sport in the oil city I’m in in West Texas. Almost any time I go out for a run I can get some spirited “races” with other trucks. I’ve embarrassed so many Silverado 5.3’s here I couldn’t count. And I know almost immediately what engine they have. The 6.2 is another story - it will be nose to nose to 60 but after that is when I start losing ground (that’s when I wish I had the 3.5 ecoboost).

That Ranger is pretty damn quick, I’ll love to feel and see what’s it’s capable of when they strap an electric drive to it.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am an old gearhead from the'70s, and the fastest car I owned back in the day was a '68 SS 396 Camaro. Until I bought Strider I had forgotten what that kind of quick felt like.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
the SI an Type R are different...the numbers I saw on the SI was 0-60 in 6.6 an quarter in 15.0
My first project car, 1986 CRX Si Mugan big turbo, 1800# 350+hp...I miss this beast...

c408f4c30c4a1095784cd0d5b0c06fb6.jpg

In before the fart can...taken in 1991 at Ford Design Studio...

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
One thing I learned, Don’t call the Cop a Punk when you get pulled over ....
Here's another: "20 bucks says you don't give me a ticket.."

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I love my Ranger it keeps me out of trouble compared to what I traded in for it?

IMAG0019.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Ranger it keeps me out of trouble compared to what I traded in for it?

IMAG0019.jpg
I know that kind of trouble...go out for a short drive...come back home with 2 point + $200 ticket + $500 increase in insurance...fun money better spent on hookers and drugs lol...

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
We like to sit on the back porch in the evening and most nights, above the crickets one can hear the Fast and Furious crowd racing each other miles away. But a funny thing happened once gas crested $4.00/ gallon. Sounds like the crickets are winning.
Sponsored