Other trucks parking next to your Ranger

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So I have this weird observation. As I've mentioned I'm a first time truck owner. Having a new shiny Ranger I park in the back of parking lots well away from other cars. Plus I don't mind getting a little extra walking in. Over the last few months I have noticed something interesting. People driving other trucks just love parking right next to mine no matter how many spots are free on each side of my truck.

This came to mind again this morning. I went to the grocery store early this morning and parked in the back of the lot that was mostly empty. I was in the store maybe 5 minutes just to get some milk and cereal. I come out and there is a Ram 2500 parked right next to me even though there were still many empty spaces on each side.

As stated I've observed this many times to the point it seems not to be a coincidence. What's up with that? Is it some kind of weird kind of flex? Like, "Hey buddy check out my badass truck." I've owned many cars, not trucks, and also parked them well away from other cars in the back of the lot. But have rarely come back to see someone parked right next to me when there were several more spaces available.

Maybe it is a regional thing? Is it a truck thing, like trucks park right next to trucks no matter what? Or maybe it is my Ranger is so awesome it has some subconscious effect on other truck owners that draw them to my truck? :p Still when it happens I end up doing a walk around to see if they door dinged me.

Anyway, just a weird and kind of funny observation for a weekend conversation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
So I have this weird observation. As I've mentioned I'm a first time truck owner. Having a new shiny Ranger I park in the back of parking lots well away from other cars. Plus I don't mind getting a little extra walking in. Over the last few months I have noticed something interesting. People driving other trucks just love parking right next to mine no matter how many spots are free on each side of my truck.

This came to mind again this morning. I went to the grocery store early this morning and parked in the back of the lot that was mostly empty. I was in the store maybe 5 minutes just to get some milk and cereal. I come out and there is a Ram 2500 parked right next to me even though there were still many empty spaces on each side.

As stated I've observed this many times to the point it seems not to be a coincidence. What's up with that? Is it some kind of weird kind of flex? Like, "Hey buddy check out my badass truck." I've owned many cars, not trucks, and also parked them well away from other cars in the back of the lot. But have rarely come back to see someone parked right next to me when there were several more spaces available.

Maybe it is a regional thing? Is it a truck thing, like trucks park right next to trucks no matter what? Or maybe it is my Ranger is so awesome it has some subconscious effect on other truck owners that draw them to my truck? :p Still when it happens I end up doing a walk around to see if they door dinged me.

I have noticed this also. I think you're right, a type of flex!:sunglasses:

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
When I drive my jeep, I’ll park it next to other Jeeps, especially if it’s the same model. When I drive the Ranger, I’ll prk it away from most other vehicles because I don’t want it to get dinged, UNLESS it’s another Ranger or another midsized truck :) I like to see how my ranger looks next to other trucks and compare the size and details. I know there are a lot of people still curious about the size of the new Rangers so maybe that’s why they are parking next to you? Or, like you said, to show off how a “REAL” truck should look (like when I park my XJ next to the Compss).

OP
OP
Augie81

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When I drive my jeep, I’ll park it next to other Jeeps, especially if it’s the same model. When I drive the Ranger, I’ll prk it away from most other vehicles because I don’t want it to get dinged, UNLESS it’s another Ranger or another midsized truck :) I like to see how my ranger looks next to other trucks and compare the size and details. I know there are a lot of people still curious about the size of the new Rangers so maybe that’s why they are parking next to you? Or, like you said, to show off how a “REAL” truck should look (like when I park my XJ next to the Compss).
I didn't think about comparing truck sizes out of curiosity. Good point.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I always park way out far from everyone and I've never really noticed any other trucks parking next to me to flex their big truck. lol

What I do hate is when I come out and some junker is parked close to me! I mean there's a whole parking lot and I'm out in the middle of nowhere and I attract Sanford & Son. :headbang:

I think you're right, our Sabers are so awesome everyone want to be next to us. ?

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad I'm not alone in noticing this. I was hesitant to even bring it up because it sees so weird.
I've also noticed bigger trucks trying to race me from a light. Odd that smaller trucks don't seem to do this, just the bigger trucks. Funny.:shock::LOL:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I always park way out far from everyone and I've never really noticed any other trucks parking next to me to flex their big truck. lol

What I do hate is when I come out and some junker is parked close to me! I mean there's a whole parking lot and I'm out in the middle of nowhere and I attract Sanford & Son. :headbang:

I think you're right, our Sabers are so awesome everyone want to be next to us. ?
Wonder how many forum members actually saw that while it was on the air (Sanford & Son)?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I've also noticed bigger trucks trying to race me from a light. Odd that smaller trucks don't seem to do this, just the bigger trucks. Funny.:shock::LOL:
Especially the "mudders".

There was a stepped up Taco white 4 door TRD parking next to me at the grocery store. Guy wanted to talk about mods LOL!! Really like my Cobra emblem and asked about HP. Just said awww, not much...a little more than Ford advertises I think. Then told about the 91 octane tune and he decided he had to go...:)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wonder how many forum members actually saw that while it was on the air (Sanford & Son)?
I still watch the reruns. ?

Man times were so much better without the PC crowd. All In The Family,The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son were some of the funniest shows on tv. :LOL:

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still watch the reruns. ?

Man times were so much better without the PC crowd. All In The Family,The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son were some of the funnies shows on tv. :LOL:
Love all those shows :)

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
i havent noticed an uptik in people parking their trucks close to me,

but the one time a Canyon driver did, and he parked obnoxiously close....i keyed the jerks door.
what I noticed though, was his paint was much more durable than our rangers. it took several attempts to dig deep enough to hit bare metal.
Are you sure your name isn't Richard
Sponsored