Battery issue?

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
2019 Lariat 2x4 501A. I hit 40k and the truck has been running flawlessly since the bad fuel injector was replaced when brand new at the time of purchase.

The door handle lock sensors are not working on the passenger side and are working only intermittently on the driver’s side. No other issues are occurring and I’m not getting any problem messages.

My guess is the battery is just starting to go bad. Anyone have this happen? If so, was it just an easy fix with a battery replacement?
Sponsored

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Do you have a battery tester? If not, Autozone or similar will test it for you.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's exactly what mine was doing on my '19. The battery was on its way out and once replaced everything was good again. Before you get stranded I'd just get another one. These don't seem to last all that long especially in the heat.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Go with a deep cycle battery. Expensive up front but will pay off in the long run.

Reactions: EJH

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If the battery is going out I recommend going and getting it replaced at Batteries plus. You will pay but you will have a nice warranty with the AGM batteries

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I had that happen on my 2019, ASS and all auto unlock doors quit working except the drivers door, I drive alot of short hops so now when the ASS quits I put the battery on my tender overnight and everything is fine for a week or so depending on how far I drive. Always starts strong even when the other electronics are failing and I have never got the low power message some have talked about.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I had that happen on my 2019, ASS and all auto unlock doors quit working except the drivers door, I drive alot of short hops so now when the ASS quits I put the battery on my tender overnight and everything is fine for a week or so depending on how far I drive. Always starts strong even when the other electronics are failing and I have never got the low power message some have talked about.
I noticed that my touchless lock/unlock quit working except for the driver's door. Thought maybe something got reset, but I went through all the settings, and there's nothing there. So today was browsing the forum, and saw that it's probably a battery issue. Since mine is 4+ years old, went ahead and had the dealer replace it. Probably could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere, but I had over $125 in FordPass Rewards. Figured that's a good place to use them. Now the door locks work again.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
The same thing happens to our 2020 Escape. I just put the battery tender on it and the passenger door lock works again. Fords just do a 70-80 percent state of battery charge.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Where is the date recorded on the battery? Mine was replaced in December due to power saving features kicking in and just wanted to see how long it was sitting at the dealer.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
It depends on what company MFG the battery, If there is no clear date stamp sticker on the battery.
For a battery replaced in Dec 2022, I would look at the serial number on the battery and it will be either at the beginning or the end of the serial number.
and the month/ date can be displayed in a letter / number or number / number entry.
Example: A=January - L=December for the month

I think for ease of finding it - Since installed in Dec 2022
Look for either a 2 or 22 in the serial number for the year
and then before or after that - look for a (A-L) indicating the month.
or if number's (1-12)
It should be in the first set or last set of numbers (most likely included in the serial number)

Sorry, there is no clear-cut info on this, but the above info may help
If I get time today, I can go out and look at mine to see how it is stamped.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
It depends on what company MFG the battery, If there is no clear date stamp sticker on the battery.
For a battery replaced in Dec 2022, I would look at the serial number on the battery and it will be either at the beginning or the end of the serial number.
and the month/ date can be displayed in a letter / number or number / number entry.
Example: A=January - L=December for the month

I think for ease of finding it - Since installed in Dec 2022
Look for either a 2 or 22 in the serial number for the year
and then before or after that - look for a (A-L) indicating the month.
or if number's (1-12)
It should be in the first set or last set of numbers (most likely included in the serial number)

Sorry, there is no clear-cut info on this, but the above info may help
If I get time today, I can go out and look at mine to see how it is stamped.
Thanks, it's an OEM motorcraft I think? I'll have to pull the cover back and take a photo.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I bought my '19 ranger in Dec 2019. I was having the radio kick off right away when I parked an turned the motor off. I'd also get the message turn radio off due to low batter. I figured the battery was on the way out. Had it tested at autozone an it read it was only 55% charged. I do mostly around town driving now, ten minute trips. I charged it for a while with a battery charger an it went away. Now I just put a tender on it once a week or so it hasn't happened since.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
If the battery is going out I recommend going and getting it replaced at Batteries plus. You will pay but you will have a nice warranty with the AGM batteries
Agree. I've replaced many other vehicles batteries at Battery Plus.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly what mine was doing on my '19. The battery was on its way out and once replaced everything was good again. Before you get stranded I'd just get another one. These don't seem to last all that long especially in the heat.
What brand is good replacement beside the FoMoCo ?
Sponsored