Thinking about selling the Ranger....

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Drove the Ranger to lunch today instead of the Jeep.

Saw the aftermath of an accident. Not a bad one as in I don't think there were any injuries, but it immediately made me think of all the images of wrecked Rangers and how well they seem to hold up and protect the occupants in a crash.

Thinking I'll keep this one a while longer.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You could always just change the name of the party and have it anyway.
Never a bad excuse for a party!
This is very true. Just don't let Duke get wind of this or Marks house will be trashed like mine was. :shock:

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Update:
As happens often with me, after thinking the vehicle situation over very carefully I have decided to keep the Ranger for now. I had a few things happen that did influence my decision.....first one is starting over with a new vehicle registration here in Colorado. Where I come from in Texas I think it's $90 to register a vehicle, here it depends on how much you paid for the vehicle. I'm getting ready to pay the registration on my new Santa Cruz this month. I'm not sure yet but it's most likely going to be around $750! The Ranger was $650 the first year and now it's down to $215. So if I buy another new vehicle I'll have to pony up another chunk of change in the near future and that is no bueno....
Second, I got caught in a hailstorm for just a minute last weekend and ended up with a few (3) soft dents in the roof. It's not a problem because I need to have a couple of door dings removed and this makes it worth my while now. Third, I found a scrape across the front trim piece that is right below the 20" opening in the bottom of our grill/front end. It has the 2 proximity sensors in it.....anyway, I'm going to need to pull and repaint that piece also.

The other big reason I want to hang on to the Ranger is what I paid for her vs the current pricing for mid-sized trucks. We are also looking to buy a teardrop camper which would make towing easier with the Ranger than the SC.

All this being said, my Ranger still runs very well and I can't see paying more for the same thing right now.....at least for the time being.....

So all you folks that thought I was leaving you can cancel the party....I'm still here......lol :wink:
So, this just became an expensive knee jerk reaction to Ford Marketing system that gave you a bad taste in your mouth?

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
So, this just became an expensive knee jerk reaction to Ford Marketing system that gave you a bad taste in your mouth?
Definitely not!
I was very interested in the Santa Cruz before all the ridiculousness with chasing down a Maverick. I drove a Maverick with the AWD/2L Ecoboost and it was very comfortable and had great engine response. Having said that, I love my SC and I'm glad I purchased it over a Maverick for a couple of reasons. My SC's 2.5L turbo out performs the Maverick by quite a bit. Heck, I'm pretty sure I can outrun my tuned Ranger in that thing (on the highway). Also, the SC has a built in cooler in the bed with decent side storage, great adjustable tie-downs and a retractable bed cover. I just installed a wonderful upgrade to the stereo so now I'm commuting in high fidelity. The Maverick is great but I think if folks take a good look at the SC with the turbo and the Hyundai 10/100K warranty.....it's a winner in my book!
I'm at 5.6K with the SC already so I have a very good feel for the vehicle....new car smell is gone already..

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
If I was going to go to a unibody, it would be the Ridgeline. The Santa Cruz looks too much of a Karen's vehicle who probably goes into speak to the service manager after oil change for not adjusting the seats back.
Well I guess my name is Karen cuz I'm a hillbilly that loves my new SC.....lol
I be the Karen smoking by you on the highway.....and waving to ya.... :wink:
BTW...I can adjust my seats just fine....
Sponsored