First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
t is interesting that the peaks are younger and older, but quite the wallow in the middle. I wonder if there's some sort of sociological reason for that.
I noticed this phenomenon where I live even in the past with the old gen rangers. If you drive a ranger you're either under 30 or over 60.

My pet theory was that younger and older folks have less disposable income for a full-size pickup, and are less likely to have young kids to tote around, so gravitate to the midsize class. That theory kinda breaks down now that the 5g ranger comes available with a full back seat and isn't all that cheap anymore. Maybe that's some residual loyalty to the name plate kicking in? I don't know. I fall into the younger group, 31 years old. Bought my first ranger when I was 23.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
58 years here 2nd ranger also had a 2001 edge .

24dRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Turned 50 late last year and my wife took me to shoot machine guns as a present. Was an absolute blast ... great present, great wife!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Just turned 58 on Friday.
I think us older folks buy Rangers because of our advanced experience and intelligence. The younger demographic because of the Rangers cool factor. I don't know what's up with the middle ages! ?

I've actually had small or mid size pickups for the last 20 yrs. At 38 I bought the small frontier because it was CHEAP new vehicle. 5 yrs later got the mid size Crew cab frontier because I needed to accommodate a car seat, and it was still cheap for a new car. Last year bought a Ranger because it was the only mid size pickup that had big discounts. OK, common theme is I am cheap

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
There's a lot more younger owners on here than I thought. We're up there on par with the old farts. haha

It is interesting that the peaks are younger and older, but quite the wallow in the middle. I wonder if there's some sort of sociological reason for that.
The middle agers are still buying Grand Caravans (married) and Corvettes (single-divorced).

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Just turned 58 on Friday.
I think us older folks buy Rangers because of our advanced experience and intelligence. The younger demographic because of the Rangers cool factor. I don't know what's up with the middle ages! ?

I've actually had small or mid size pickups for the last 20 yrs. At 38 I bought the small frontier because it was CHEAP new vehicle. 5 yrs later got the mid size Crew cab frontier because I needed to accommodate a car seat, and it was still cheap for a new car. Last year bought a Ranger because it was the only mid size pickup that had big discounts. OK, common theme is I am cheap
Happy Birthday! Absolutely don”t consider 58 ”older folks”, though! :crackup: I’ll start being older once I hit about 80.:shock::turkey:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Birthday! Absolutely don”t consider 58 ”older folks”, though! :crackup: I’ll start being older once I hit about 80.:shock::turkey:
I do still feel young, not at all like my parents at this age.
But putting it in perspective for the young-ens, who do seem YOUNG.