Bye for now Ranger owners

brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Well, after weeks and months of shopping, I pulled the trigger, I bought the new Bronco Sport Big Bend this past Saturday, Area 51 color. I owned my 2019 Ranger SC XLT for a year, great truck, but ultimately the new Bronco caught my eye. the truck landed on the local Ford dealers lot just a day and a half prior and they listed it the morning I bought it. Y'all enjoy your Rangers, I know I did, but new adventures await me in the Bronco!
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Post pics before you go!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
As long as you didn't defect to a Ridgeline, we're cool.
Wait, odds are that I may defect to a Hyundai Santa Cruz :crazy:

I hear they include an interior trim matched Murse (man Purse) and they have a built in cooler for Zimas.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I will admit I like the idea of the Santa Cruz....but at the end of the day it's still a hyundai.
I had a hyundai santa fe unlimited and it lasted one year at my house.....garbage, garbage garbage.
They have the 100k warranty for a reason.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Their reliability has come a long way in recent years and they are now ranked with the Japanese brands.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That doesn't say much for the Japanese brands. Did I miss their recalls?

Point is... it took them 8 years to find out their motors were junk, do we now "trust" them?

Hyundai Recalls 129,000 Cars for Premature Engine Damage
Recalls affect all manufacturers, including the recent Ford recall of ALL F250 and up Ford trucks with the 10 speed auto

I would bet more Fords are affected by that recall than the Hyundais.

I have no qualms about Ford reliability and I also have no fear about Hyundai reliability.

I'm sure if I looked I could find bad reviews of every vehicle out there (except a Tacoma. If you bad mouth one of those the Tacoma White Knights will ride out in force and bury you, especially since we all know that drum brakes are better than discs which is why Ferrari and Lamborghini are switching all of their vehicles over).

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
on the santa cruz topic test driving isnt buying..im a car guy tht appreciates many brands. im on the list with a dealership when they get their 1st one in to drive one. They tried to rope me in on an advanced buy list for $100..sorry refundable or not interested in that scam.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Please refer to your new ride as a Bronco Sport, not a Bronco. They are two VERY different vehicles. With major differences.

By not calling it the proper name you are perpetuating the confusion that Ford created by calling the new Escape a Bronco Sport.

Also, Hyundai? I feal sorry for people that have to drive those. Like, I literally feel bad they have to drive those pieces of garbage.

Koreans make good electronics, not so good cars. A little bit of fuel in your oil or takeoff shudder is nothing compared to your car catching fire on the highway.

Last edited:
OP
OP

brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Post pics before you go!
Please refer to your new ride as a Bronco Sport, not a Bronco. They are two VERY different vehicles. With major differences.

By not calling it the proper name you are perpetuating the confusion that Ford created by calling the new Escape a Bronco Sport.

Also, Hyundai? I fell sorry for people that have to drive those. Like, I literally feel bad they have to drive those pieces of garbage.

Koreans make good electronics, not so good cars. A little bit of fuel in your oil or takeoff shudder is nothing compared to your car catching fire on the highway.
If this is directed at my post, I initially called it the Bronco Sport Big Bend, please read it again. Didn't see a need to reiterate the name. I do know what Bronco's are, I owned an full sized '89 XLT and drove it for many years and almost 200K miles. Y'all stay safe!

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Well, after weeks and months of shopping, I pulled the trigger, I bought the new Bronco Sport Big Bend this past Saturday, Area 51 color. I owned my 2019 Ranger SC XLT for a year, great truck, but ultimately the new Bronco caught my eye. the truck landed on the local Ford dealers lot just a day and a half prior and they listed it the morning I bought it. Y'all enjoy your Rangers, I know I did, but new adventures await me in the Bronco!
No pic before you go?

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The Santa Cruz is shaping up to be really cool. Too small of a bed for me though. It's tiny for fitting MTB's and Motos. But it should be a hit for most people
Sponsored