Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Watch this video (it's good all the way through) at around 3:35 you'll see the TCS system shifting torque left to right in the rear and right to left in the front.

This one is good too.

Yup, this first one is good, especially @3:35. The issue is, as I stated above, this only works for low-speed, because TCS also limits throttle and power output, which is often an issue when you really need it.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Yup, this first one is good, especially @3:35. The issue is, as I stated above, this only works for low-speed, because TCS also limits throttle and power output, which is often an issue when you really need it.

Locker disengages at 20Mph of wheel speed anyways. If you pay close attention in the second vid it's allowing lots of wheel spin based on the terrain mode or if TCS is off. Even with TCS off the brakes still come on to shift torque from side to side.

Reactions: Doc

Phik

First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
It works quite well. I've driven up steep rutted terrain and lost contact on one side (while going steep enough to need momentum) and it's come on and kept me moving. I always have to floor it at that point until it goes off because the power does dip until the system disengages. But it's very capable. You may be surprised.

Reactions: Doc

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I decided on a 4x2 WITH Rear Locker when I leased my Ranger! I had a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 and had never really used the 4x4 other than a couple of situations where a Rear Locker would have sufficed. Test drove both the 4x4 and 4x2 Rangers and found the 4x2 Sport to be the one for me! Happy since the day I picked it up over a year and 11,000 miles ago!

Last edited: