A Volkswagen I Might Actually Consider Buying?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I usually avoid VWs due to fear that I'll get skin cancer from constant exposure to the glow from the CEL.

But the new VW Amarok will be based on the Ford Ranger.

Artists impressions look good but are usually far more dramatic than the actual vehicle.

2022-vw-amarok-1.jpg

2022-vw-amarok-3.jpg

Ford Ranger Based VW Amarok
Sponsored

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Ha ha, I've had 5 VW's at this point and am well versed in the CEL. I've learned to tune them out right up until they need to go through emissions.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Renderings always remind me of a Hot Wheels car. ? I’m pretty sure I had one that looked just like that.

Last edited:

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
Cost of running Premium Unleaded? I don't want to even think about it! Probably just another Atlas.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x2
Maybe the TDIs are more reliable. I've only had one CEL in the 7 years we've had our 2015 Passat (leaking DEF injector) and the other 2 TDIs I had were problem free. I made money off the first one due to Dieselgate and used it to buy the second, which I only sold because I needed a truck. We won't see it in the states, but a TDI Amorok with a manual tranny would get my money.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
It'll be interesting to see if this is a completely different vehicle at least with sheetmetal and interior or another Volkswagon Routan which was just a re-badged Dodge Grand Caravan. Last I heard, VW wasn't even planning on offering this for sale in North America.

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Maybe the TDIs are more reliable. I've only had one CEL in the 7 years we've had our 2015 Passat (leaking DEF injector) and the other 2 TDIs I had were problem free. I made money off the first one due to Dieselgate and used it to buy the second, which I only sold because I needed a truck. We won't see it in the states, but a TDI Amorok with a manual tranny would get my money.
The CEL goes back to the earlier cars really. I've had three 2002-05 Passat's and those put on the CEL a lot. My old 14 Jetta TDI and current 17 Tiguan don't do that.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I've never owned a VW, except the family Beetle 3 decades ago.

They have had a few that appealed to me though. The Scirocco and Corrado come to mind. Wish they would've brought the Scorroco R Wolfsburg here.

That Ammorak looks pretty tough. But as said, we'll likely never see it here. But afterall, it-s just a Ranger anyways.
Sponsored