OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Probably. On my 93 Toyota truck the rear chrome bumper ate itself with rust and I replaced with aftermarket black, and the front chrome bumper rusted where water dripped off the hood at each corner.
Don't forget the chrome plus ultra package; That is where they add 50 different types of window or bumper stickers to alert the world that they served in the vietnam war. (its just a joke people, you know you want to laugh when you make the connection!)
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Don't forget the chrome plus ultra package; That is where they add 50 different types of window or bumper stickers to alert the world that they served in the vietnam war.
I’m failing to find the humor here. Or how this helps the OP or the topic at hand.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. However keep in mind Ford is not the only one. Most manufactures are skimping on things. I've had a lot of vehicles in my lifetime, I like to trade in often (this vehicle is one I actually plan on keeping long term, that should say something). So I have experiences with a lot of manufactures. Ford, Chevy, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Dodge, Chrysler, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota. They've all had their issues. I can list multiple things with literally each of those cars I've owned. For instance, my Honda Accord which was a 2019 had rattles like crazy in the interior. My Nissan Frontier had a rear window leak, every time I went through the carwash, water would come in through the rear window. My Silverado, my first one had the famous "chevy shake" which was never fixed. My second one, within the first 2 months of ownership, needed new front axle, new tailgate actuator, bed was misaligned, radio stopped working, rear camera stopped working, and more. My wife's Hyundai needed a new infotainment system within a year of ownership. My 4runner had front end issues, multiple dealership visits. I can go on. My Ranger so far, thank God has not had a single issue, but I only have 3K miles on it.
I agree, all car and trucks have their issues, I used to have a Jeep Cherokee Limited with a toyota 4runner transmission, and my previous truck 1500 Dodge Ram has a lot of Denso parts in it. Manufacturers are using parts from different sources. But at least Ford should give an extra eye on the little things that are visible, I think Ford focus on the performances not so much on the look of the Truck. FORD however should come up with a sub trim level, if you wanted a more meaner looks, but all of Trucks and SUV buyers always mods their vehicle anyways. Ford opens up the market for 3rd party mods, which is a good business is some sense.

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I have had my Ranger for a few weeks now and I came from a fully loaded 2019 Lariat F150. The overall quality seems to be on par with the price point, we also own an Escape and I am happy with the overall quality. No manufacturer is perfect, we had a Dodge Journey, what a mistake buying that was, it was a total POS. I am sure everyone can gripe about certain things about any vehicle they own but I rate Ford as an 8 out of 10 in overall satisfaction for the vehicles we have owned at least

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I’m failing to find the humor here. Or how this helps the OP or the topic at hand.
I'm just poking fun at chrome stereotypes. Meh, wouldn't be the first time I told a joke and got awkward silence. :crazy:

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Is chevy still a thing? A dakota, or ridgeline maybe, my Ranger is awesome! Tows bachoes(lol), and bike, and lawn trailers just fine, drives on sand, mud dirt, cleans up really good, sport mode is awesome, mpg who cares its a truck not a tesla.

Only complaint is it's not an F250 with a Godzilla engine. Because that cost a lot of dinero. American money too! And quite frankly too big. (Thats what she said!)
XLT 4X2 29K, thats what i got and paid.

FORD F#@&[?Ă— RANGER!!

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
Not to poo poo anyone's choice of colors or options.... but I looked at a white ranger with chrome package and I was like whoa, that's a tad much. I don't think the chrome looks too bad on other colors, but white was retinal overload.
i prefer chrome ...old school i guess and love it on my red truck

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
Of course I can read! :giggle:
I don't know your dealer, but I personally know about a dozen or so, and some are great, while some can't be trusted.

As for craftsmanship and quality, you bought from the best in world when you bought the Ranger... so what's clear to you, may be just a little touch of myopia. ;)
Go to a GMC forum or any other make for confirmation.

BTW; I do understand what you wrote and I think I understand what you said as well.
These are frustrating times and I hope for you a peace which passes understanding.:like:
appreciate your comments, best in world? well thats your opinion and your entitled... i had a ram before the ranger and fit and finish was way better.... prior to that had a 2010 ford f150 and well found 2 areas that never were painted and had to get it painted, a/c went out, climate control system went bad, and one of the roof seam straps or under it went bad and it rained and destroyed my headliner... i vowed to never buy a ford again... would still have my ram but wife with bad arthritis couldnt get in and out of it.. so i got the ranger only because i felt most comfy to drive , heated seats for her and no other make has front sensors... so fingers crossed it will be a great truck... i do like it alot and feel it drives great

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
well after 3 months i can say i have some pros and cons... and a concern... overall i find my ranger very comfortable and drives very well.. sometimes fun with its quickness. overall very pleased.....fun driving
i drive it quite normal or more on easy side and mileage isnt very good.... around 19.5 local driving is what i get. would of thought closer to 21... i can live with it. other issues i dont like are my truck is 3/4 inch higher in rear on one side than the other.. it just bugs me, lol. and dont say gas tank.. 90% of vehicles have tank on one side and they dont lean or sit crooked when parked....and last armrests...lol my arm doesnt even reach it to use...worthless.
ok and concerns are ford quality or even caring to back their product...... skimping etc... like no motor cover, leather seats only go down sides about 1.5 inches then cloth, short 2 attach points in bed, 10 holes on each rocker panel unplugged.. hood overlaps a little on both sides of front fender, tailgate needed alignment and the 3/4 inch height difference. when i went to ford, they basically blew it all off and said, well until ford tells us they will pay us to look at some of these issues we arent doing anything. one would think ford would address some of these issues because i have seen many similar issues posted so this isnt new to ford and it seems they dont care. and to those in my opinion that say ridiculous statements like it should be expected... bullcrap... its cutting corners, poor craftmanship and inspector quality failing... 40 grand is 40 grand.. and i expect better workmanship. to me ford doesnt take any pride in their vehicles.. its just a sales game..... big concern
I've always owned trucks and this is my 9th. I can say that I have zero complaints with my Ranger and luckily have had zero issues. The fit and finish is way better than the competitors in the mod size trucks and there's no comparison when it comes to the drivetrain. This is hands down the smoothest out of them!

Mine never had any of these issues with panels misaligning and those who bought early were lucky enough to still have all these little things that are now gone. I don't feel that taking away the engine cover was cutting corners rather than Ford just trying to cut costs. Some will argue they'd rather pay x amount more when others will argue they didn't want to pay more and would rather the option to buy it afterwards. You're NEVER going to please everyone. Now if they put in a different tranny then I'd agree they were cutting corners but most things were just cosmetic cuts.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
well after 3 months i can say i have some pros and cons... and a concern... overall i find my ranger very comfortable and drives very well.. sometimes fun with its quickness. overall very pleased.....fun driving
i drive it quite normal or more on easy side and mileage isnt very good.... around 19.5 local driving is what i get. would of thought closer to 21... i can live with it. other issues i dont like are my truck is 3/4 inch higher in rear on one side than the other.. it just bugs me, lol. and dont say gas tank.. 90% of vehicles have tank on one side and they dont lean or sit crooked when parked....and last armrests...lol my arm doesnt even reach it to use...worthless.
ok and concerns are ford quality or even caring to back their product...... skimping etc... like no motor cover, leather seats only go down sides about 1.5 inches then cloth, short 2 attach points in bed, 10 holes on each rocker panel unplugged.. hood overlaps a little on both sides of front fender, tailgate needed alignment and the 3/4 inch height difference. when i went to ford, they basically blew it all off and said, well until ford tells us they will pay us to look at some of these issues we arent doing anything. one would think ford would address some of these issues because i have seen many similar issues posted so this isnt new to ford and it seems they dont care. and to those in my opinion that say ridiculous statements like it should be expected... bullcrap... its cutting corners, poor craftmanship and inspector quality failing... 40 grand is 40 grand.. and i expect better workmanship. to me ford doesnt take any pride in their vehicles.. its just a sales game..... big concern
Sometimes things you perceive as a negative actually serve a purpose.

Look at many/most 10 year old trucks with leather seats and you'll see at a minimum cracking, if not tearing, right there where the seat meets the trim.

The addition of other material there flexes better and wears less.

I, for one, appreciated that forethought.

Mcssls

I know I won’t be buying Ford again. Too many quality ain’t my job issues.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
appreciate your comments, best in world? well thats your opinion and your entitled... i had a ram before the ranger and fit and finish was way better.... prior to that had a 2010 ford f150 and well found 2 areas that never were painted and had to get it painted, a/c went out, climate control system went bad, and one of the roof seam straps or under it went bad and it rained and destroyed my headliner... i vowed to never buy a ford again... would still have my ram but wife with bad arthritis couldnt get in and out of it.. so i got the ranger only because i felt most comfy to drive , heated seats for her and no other make has front sensors... so fingers crossed it will be a great truck... i do like it alot and feel it drives great
14 new Fords of my own over 45 years with a TOTAL of $11 in unscheduled maintenance in the first 100,000miles.

Had Dodges in fleet :whew: :fingerscrossed:

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I have had my Ranger for a few weeks now and I came from a fully loaded 2019 Lariat F150. The overall quality seems to be on par with the price point, we also own an Escape and I am happy with the overall quality. No manufacturer is perfect, we had a Dodge Journey, what a mistake buying that was, it was a total POS. I am sure everyone can gripe about certain things about any vehicle they own but I rate Ford as an 8 out of 10 in overall satisfaction for the vehicles we have owned at least
I heard those things (Journeys) are horrible. I can't believe they're still making them and people still buy them. Only thing I can think of is because they're so cheap. What issues did your have?

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I heard those things (Journeys) are horrible. I can't believe they're still making them and people still buy them. Only thing I can think of is because they're so cheap. What issues did your have?
Where do I start???

The radio and NAV head unit died twice
Front end had multiple issues with bushings and the brakes were terrible
The leather seats were total crap and looked like they were 100 years old after one year
Had several electrical issues where the thing went completely dead leaving my wife stranded several times
FOB's would lose connectivity
The creaking noises coming from the front end were brutal

I am not a complainer but hands down this was the worst vehicle I have ever owned.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Once you learn the 10spd you can pretty much choose your mileage/performance ratios.
I can choose from 18 to 28MPG for local driving and get consistent low to mid twenties when pulling my RV. Give it a little time yet, you're still on the learning curve!
@Floyd

Please explain your voodoo driving.
So far, since December 2020, I've been doing 12l/100km, 19.5 mpg.
This is calculated by hand. Lately @ 5 k miles, I'm a little better doing 11.5l, 20.5mpg
I realize our trucks are all different as some have issues with rising oil, mine
does not, maybe I just got a guzzler?
Many claim to get 24/26 mpg & many see what I've been getting.
I doubt I'll ever see 23 mpg local, maybe on a day drive which I've yet to do.
When I go for the first checkup I'll ask the tech, maybe reload the software
would help?
& yes, I'm easy on gas, use cruise..... I really want a PHEV Ranger...
Sponsored