7 Weeks of Tremor Ownership-Modifications

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
The Dealer said the windows all need to come out to install the liner. He said it would need to be sent back to the factory. IMO, too much risk there for future leakage/damage and having to ship it back to California from Oregon and back again....too much risk for paint or other damage and then I would have other issues to deal with.
I have the same Leer bed cap on order. Was told 7-10 weeks in October, dealer and their vendor have had poor communication. I finally had to call Leer directly and finally got an update. It was supposed to be shipped Sunday. We will see but I'll have to make sure the cap has the headliner before install.
Sponsored

tjack

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Finance
Would you share more about the power port you put in the bed? Where did you purchase it? How did you connect the wiring (through upfitter switch, directly to battery)? Where did you run the wires?

Great looking truck.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Craig the Ranger is looking SWEET! I to have been using battery tenders for many, many years on my cars, trucks and motorcycles!!!!! Sucks about you canopy. Good luck getting that done the way it was supposed to be done.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
How is the 18" lead connected? spliced at the battery terminals?
No....it comes with ring connectors attached at the battery end....so it goes right on to the battery terminals, the screw on top of the terminals where accessories can be connected. (FYI, the kit also comes with alligator clip connectors, don't use those, they are for a temporary/table top usage). Here are 2 more photos; at the grill and attached to the charger;

BattTender3.jpg

BattTender4.jpg

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Would you share more about the power port you put in the bed? Where did you purchase it? How did you connect the wiring (through upfitter switch, directly to battery)? Where did you run the wires?

Great looking truck.
It is from WolfHaus. Simple and easy install. He has a video on his web page. No cutting, no splicing. You drop his wire harness down through an existing hole in the bed, and it plugs into an existing factory accessory plug on the frame (it is powered and blank from the factory), then you push in his face plate and tighten it down. It is powered by your ignition/accessory through ignition.....does not go to battery or to upfitter switches. Here is his page:
V1 Aux Bed Power Harness w/ Marine Socket — WOLF HAUS OFF-ROAD (whor.us)
Install video:
Bed Power Installation — WOLF HAUS OFF-ROAD (whor.us)

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Craig the Ranger is looking SWEET! I to have been using battery tenders for many, many years on my cars, trucks and motorcycles!!!!! Sucks about you canopy. Good luck getting that done the way it was supposed to be done.
Thanks for the comments. Yep...Battery Tender is the way to go. On the Canopy....I wanted this truck to be perfect as it may be my last. They really messed up. Hoping for some resolution. I thought about LineX-ing it...but it needs to be removed to do that too.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same Leer bed cap on order. Was told 7-10 weeks in October, dealer and their vendor have had poor communication. I finally had to call Leer directly and finally got an update. It was supposed to be shipped Sunday. We will see but I'll have to make sure the cap has the headliner before install.
I have always loved the Leer Canopies....but their communication on this issue has been terrible. The comments on their Facebook page reflect a change in customer service....as in, not addressing issues. It's a shame, it's a beautiful cap and the paint job in beautiful for the cyber orange color. Good luck on yours.

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
No....it comes with ring connectors attached at the battery end....so it goes right on to the battery terminals, the screw on top of the terminals where accessories can be connected. (FYI, the kit also comes with alligator clip connectors, don't use those, they are for a temporary/table top usage). Here are 2 more photos; at the grill and attached to the charger;

BattTender3.jpg

BattTender4.jpg
Thank you

Wyldfire

First Name
Allyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
MT
May want to remove those aluminum valve caps before galvanic corrosion starts and they aren't removable.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
@OregonRangerTremor

1. Sweet color
2. Had no idea the wolfhaus didn't require any drilling
3. Kind of hard to see in the picture, but how is your interior light bar hooked up? Wouldn't mind something similar in my tremor.
Thanks
Yeah, the Wolfhaus goes in one of those pre-punched squares from the factory.
That light plugs into the USB. Adds light down there (I found it to be quite dark). $8.99 and it works.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MIQUJQ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
May want to remove those aluminum valve caps before galvanic corrosion starts and they aren't removable.
I have had them on vehicles, motorcycles and a show car for over 10 years with no issues. I know it can happen with some brands.

tjack

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Finance
It is from WolfHaus. Simple and easy install. He has a video on his web page. No cutting, no splicing. You drop his wire harness down through an existing hole in the bed, and it plugs into an existing factory accessory plug on the frame (it is powered and blank from the factory), then you push in his face plate and tighten it down. It is powered by your ignition/accessory through ignition.....does not go to battery or to upfitter switches. Here is his page:
V1 Aux Bed Power Harness w/ Marine Socket — WOLF HAUS OFF-ROAD (whor.us)
Install video:
Bed Power Installation — WOLF HAUS OFF-ROAD (whor.us)
Thanks, that is slick!

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation