Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I have always loved the Leer Canopies....but their communication on this issue has been terrible. The comments on their Facebook page reflect a change in customer service....as in, not addressing issues. It's a shame, it's a beautiful cap and the paint job in beautiful for the cyber orange color. Good luck on yours.
UPDATE: Leer and the Dealer have agreed to order me (at their cost) a new canopy that is properly equipped with the carpet liner. Hopefully it will have as great a paint job as the current one. May take 8 weeks to get it...hopefully the install goes well and this issue will be behind me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Well yesterday I got my replacement Leer Canopy installed. On the first one they screwed up at Leer and the Dealer end. Dealer forgot to order the carpet liner. They led me to believe Leer screwed up. But Leer also did not attach the latch to the slider cab window and they scratched the rear glass. They wanted to send back canopy #1, tear it apart, install carpet and re-ship (a 2,400 mile round trip). I told them He_l no. After a month of terrible communications and poor customer service from both ends, a NEW canopy was ordered. The install went well (installer was great). Leer forgot to send the keys so they traded the lock off canopy #1. The paint work from Leer on the Cyber Orange metalflake is 100% art. Carpet makes all the difference. No "thank you" for the $3,240.00 purchase (over the years I have easily spent $20K at that store). No admission to their screw up. No "sorry" from the Dealer or Leer. Gear heads with no customer service training. I am guessing staffing issues on both ends too. All is good now. Making my Ranger my own. The rear end is outfitted for my dog. As a retired professional dog trainer...only the best. I also carry a full EMT medical jump kit, survival gear and more.
Old canopy/white unfinished fiberglass inside:
Dog2.jpg

Carpet in Canopy#2:
CanopyCarpet.jpg
CanopyCarpet2.jpg

Dog Gear:
DogTraining.jpg

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Making it my own:
CanopyRear.jpg
DogSticker.jpg

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Well yesterday I got my replacement Leer Canopy installed. On the first one they screwed up at Leer and the Dealer end. Dealer forgot to order the carpet liner. They led me to believe Leer screwed up. But Leer also did not attach the latch to the slider cab window and they scratched the rear glass. They wanted to send back canopy #1, tear it apart, install carpet and re-ship (a 2,400 mile round trip). I told them He_l no. After a month of terrible communications and poor customer service from both ends, a NEW canopy was ordered. The install went well (installer was great). Leer forgot to send the keys so they traded the lock off canopy #1. The paint work from Leer on the Cyber Orange metalflake is 100% art. Carpet makes all the difference. No "thank you" for the $3,240.00 purchase (over the years I have easily spent $20K at that store). No admission to their screw up. No "sorry" from the Dealer or Leer. Gear heads with no customer service training. I am guessing staffing issues on both ends too. All is good now. Making my Ranger my own. The rear end is outfitted for my dog. As a retired professional dog trainer...only the best. I also carry a full EMT medical jump kit, survival gear and more.
Dog2.jpg

Carpet in Canopy#2:
CanopyCarpet.jpg
CanopyCarpet2.jpg

Dog Gear:
DogTraining.jpg
Great news on the replacement! I find it odd when the business expects the consumer to be thankful they fixed their mistake. I work retail, and I make it right. Stuff happens, and it can be an expensive lesson. But it is the right thing to do.
Guess you just have to move on at some point.

Truck is looking good. Making it work for you & the mrs, the hound, AND adding those personal touches. Looks ready for some adventures.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Dog2.jpg

Carpet in Canopy#2:
CanopyCarpet.jpg
CanopyCarpet2.jpg

Dog Gear:
DogTraining.jpg
While I have not had to use it, I love those Element Fire Extinguishers. Was a big part of summer proofing my gear. That and a capacitor based jump starter was the other key to survive storing in the vehicle in the Vegas summers.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
While I have not had to use it, I love those Element Fire Extinguishers. Was a big part of summer proofing my gear. That and a capacitor based jump starter was the other key to survive storing in the vehicle in the Vegas summers.
I thought I would try them. So far.....no fires. That is a good thing.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Great news on the replacement! I find it odd when the business expects the consumer to be thankful they fixed their mistake. I work retail, and I make it right. Stuff happens, and it can be an expensive lesson. But it is the right thing to do.
Guess you just have to move on at some point.

Truck is looking good. Making it work for you & the mrs, the hound, AND adding those personal touches. Looks ready for some adventures.
Thanks. I worked retail for many years where customer service was preached. Then we had our own business and believed the same. In the end the errors were corrected but I had to basically fight to get it done. Everyone deflecting blame and no accountability....terrible communication. What businesses need to realize in today's world; bad reviews on-line can destroy a business. They may never know the amount of lost sales they never receive from bad reviews. Today....I am happy how it all turned out. Lovin' the truck.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I thought I would try them. So far.....no fires. That is a good thing.
Watched a ton of videos on them, seem like an excellent alternative. Will probably be switching my home fire extinguishers to them as they expire. I love that they leave no residue behind. Typical fire extinguishers are messy lol

UncleWillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT Tremor
Hey Craig! I love your rig. How are you liking those DD bumper lightbars? I like the looks, but I haven't really seen any info on light pattern/output. I've been more of a light pod guy for getting the pattern I want for certain situations (fog vs. spot vs. driving). But if these mini lightbars do well as a fog light, I may look into them. Cheers!

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Craig! I love your rig. How are you liking those DD bumper lightbars? I like the looks, but I haven't really seen any info on light pattern/output. I've been more of a light pod guy for getting the pattern I want for certain situations (fog vs. spot vs. driving). But if these mini lightbars do well as a fog light, I may look into them. Cheers!
I like them a lot. I would say they do as well as a typical fog light. Look at DD web page on these. It has light output patterns based on specific selections/quality of light you select.
Sponsored