First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I used to think leather seats = luxury. Until I owned a few. Then I found out that in most cases, it 'isn't' actual leather, but either a polyurethane 'simulated leather' or at minimum it's coated with a plasticky topcoat that feels just like a vinyl seat. I never sat in a real top grain or full grain leather seat. I think you have to spend 6 digit numbers to get something like that, and even then, it would probably be a bad idea, just from a maintenance standpoint. Real leather requires special care, especially if you are in warmer climates, and sweat all over it. Nope... Cloth seats for this kid.
I'm not impressed with the leather seats in my Lariat at all which aren't full leather anyways. In fact after seeing the Marine Grade Vinyl in the Bronco I would never buy Ford leather seats again. It was just over 100 yesterday when I took one for a test drive, Bronco was sitting out in the sun and they were not hot at all. These are much more comfortable and they're water proof so even better if you have kids. I also love the vinyl flooring with the drain plugs so you can wash any dirt right out. Funny because vinyl flooring was standard and carpet was an uncharge years ago and now it's reversed.

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg
Sponsored

Husky44

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 2014 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
My truck has a manufacture date of 4/21 and I haven't found a single flaw? The mileage (US) has never been below 20mpg (50-50) and as high as 24mpg. I sold my 2014 Raptor (loaded black w/60k) during the height (tired of 12mpg and twice-week-washing and waxing) and bought this truck as a interim vehicle till the 2023 raptor w/the 5.2 comes out. But now I'm thinking it may just be the last vehicle for this old guy. Time will tell if the truck stays trouble free, but for now I don't regret buying it.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
My truck has a manufacture date of 4/21 and I haven't found a single flaw? The mileage (US) has never been below 20mpg (50-50) and as high as 24mpg. I sold my 2014 Raptor (loaded black w/60k) during the height (tired of 12mpg and twice-week-washing and waxing) and bought this truck as a interim vehicle till the 2023 raptor w/the 5.2 comes out. But now I'm thinking it may just be the last vehicle for this old guy. Time will tell if the truck stays trouble free, but for now I don't regret buying it.
X2 with Husky.
Still early in my ownership, but the Ranger is probably the nicest truck, for the money, around, and with my age, will most likely be the last "new" vehicle I buy. I can afford bigger, and something with more "stuff", but I like the Ranger.
Many of you complain about a lack of a simple plastic cover, or a light that wasen't included, or a minor glitch that a warranty will take care of.
Knock wood many of you weren't round 30-40 years ago. You bought a new car, and it did not matter what brand, cheap or expensive, and it came with a 12 month warranty...that was it period.
You complain about "only" getting 20-26 mpg, when in that era you were lucky to get 12-15, and you were luck to get that.
Brand new vehicles routinely shed parts, rattled, squeaked, leaked, and that was within the first week. I was there, and I had Jeeps, Fords, GM, Olds, Buicks, and they all had numerous problems.
If you think quality is bad now, well, "you shoulda been there back then". Ask your dad's and grand-dad's !!!
I guess it's just a matter of perspective...you younger guys n gals grew up in an era where vehicles have "packages", and even a base radio in a new vehicle is waaaaay beyond anything available even 10 years ago. I and maybe Husky ? grew up in a time when even an AM radio was an option, and air conditioning was only a dream for most of us. Be happy it's not 1980 and your stuck with a big truck that is underpowered, overweight, and is rusting as you look at it.

Last edited:

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
I am 3 months + 11 days on my Ranger. Still
like it more than any other vehicle to include the BMW M3, Acura Type S, Ford F-150, and Ford Explorer. Oddly enough, only vehicle I enjoyed as much was my first 1971 VW Super Beetle. Would love to have that car back as a toy.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
There is no perfect vehicle, at least that I know of, but I have had good luck with this Ranger. I would buy it again if I had to replace it. Hope the OP gets his sorted out with another dealer.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
well after 3 months i can say i have some pros and cons... and a concern... overall i find my ranger very comfortable and drives very well.. sometimes fun with its quickness. overall very pleased.....fun driving
i drive it quite normal or more on easy side and mileage isnt very good.... around 19.5 local driving is what i get. would of thought closer to 21... i can live with it. other issues i dont like are my truck is 3/4 inch higher in rear on one side than the other.. it just bugs me, lol. and dont say gas tank.. 90% of vehicles have tank on one side and they dont lean or sit crooked when parked....and last armrests...lol my arm doesnt even reach it to use...worthless.
ok and concerns are ford quality or even caring to back their product...... skimping etc... like no motor cover, leather seats only go down sides about 1.5 inches then cloth, short 2 attach points in bed, 10 holes on each rocker panel unplugged.. hood overlaps a little on both sides of front fender, tailgate needed alignment and the 3/4 inch height difference. when i went to ford, they basically blew it all off and said, well until ford tells us they will pay us to look at some of these issues we arent doing anything. one would think ford would address some of these issues because i have seen many similar issues posted so this isnt new to ford and it seems they dont care. and to those in my opinion that say ridiculous statements like it should be expected... bullcrap... its cutting corners, poor craftmanship and inspector quality failing... 40 grand is 40 grand.. and i expect better workmanship. to me ford doesnt take any pride in their vehicles.. its just a sales game..... big concern
Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Go Buy A Tacoma & then you can be Real disappointed. Enjoy your new Purchase!

Ray_kayak_guy

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
I still love my Ranger. 9K on mine and too much upside for the few downsides. I may have more after another 10K. I do wish mileage was better but I'm running an RSI Smart Cap, Decked system, kayaks on top, and am getting 21 mpg - city and highway.

The dealer I bought my truck from has a huge service department and it looks like the county highway garage - SOOO many local town and service trucks - my experience there was not awesome but hoping it gets better - I've already started looking for others to service the vehicle.

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
A lot of comments to assorb in one setting. That said I also have owned a ton of vehicles in my 76 years. None have been perfect to the level you identified. I guess I never look that hard for problems. I bought an engine cover because I wanted it. Same with door guards and tailgate damper. Now my 2019 truck is perfect at 13K miles. I kept a fuel mileage spreadsheet since new. Total average fuel mileage 22.6 city and highway.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
well after 3 months i can say i have some pros and cons... and a concern... overall i find my ranger very comfortable and drives very well.. sometimes fun with its quickness. overall very pleased.....fun driving
i drive it quite normal or more on easy side and mileage isnt very good.... around 19.5 local driving is what i get. would of thought closer to 21... i can live with it. other issues i dont like are my truck is 3/4 inch higher in rear on one side than the other.. it just bugs me, lol. and dont say gas tank.. 90% of vehicles have tank on one side and they dont lean or sit crooked when parked....and last armrests...lol my arm doesnt even reach it to use...worthless.
ok and concerns are ford quality or even caring to back their product...... skimping etc... like no motor cover, leather seats only go down sides about 1.5 inches then cloth, short 2 attach points in bed, 10 holes on each rocker panel unplugged.. hood overlaps a little on both sides of front fender, tailgate needed alignment and the 3/4 inch height difference. when i went to ford, they basically blew it all off and said, well until ford tells us they will pay us to look at some of these issues we arent doing anything. one would think ford would address some of these issues because i have seen many similar issues posted so this isnt new to ford and it seems they dont care. and to those in my opinion that say ridiculous statements like it should be expected... bullcrap... its cutting corners, poor craftmanship and inspector quality failing... 40 grand is 40 grand.. and i expect better workmanship. to me ford doesnt take any pride in their vehicles.. its just a sales game..... big concern
Welp I've owned mine a bit longer than 3 months, May of 2019 to be exact, Modified it on day one and haven't looked back. Way better than the sh@t box Tacoma I had hands down, on and off road period. Don't even get me started on the go cart seating in the Tacoma's. My son bought my Tacoma so every so often I drive it just to be reminded how much a a TURD it was. But hey after 3 months and your still not happy you still have the option to go trade it in on a Honda Ridge Line. I do hear those are more refined.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
It's a truck. It's made for workin' not lookin at :like:

PXL_20210723_193715209.jpg
Need some back story on this picture! Both of those bikes look like they have been through the wringer!

Bat-1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Need some back story on this picture! Both of those bikes look like they have been through the wringer!
Pic is after I got them home from a salvage auction. They sit in dirt and sand lots for weeks, sometimes months, so they look bad. The hope is that there's a gem underneath all the grime.

Ducati has worked out great, have been riding it the last few days. It had no damage other than that the chain had jumped at some point and scraped up the rear wheel hub and front case cover.

The black one is a Suzuki GSXR 1000 which the previous owner seems to have flipped over (I suspect wheelie gone awry). Tail plastic, license plate and muffler cap are shaved off, all the nose plastic/headlight is gone. Motor, gas tank, frame barely have mark on them. It's going to be a bit of a project but I buy them to have something to do in retirement.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Thanks
Pic is after I got them home from a salvage auction. They sit in dirt and sand lots for weeks, sometimes months, so they look bad. The hope is that there's a gem underneath all the grime.

Ducati has worked out great, have been riding it the last few days. It had no damage other than that the chain had jumped at some point and scraped up the rear wheel hub and front case cover.

The black one is a Suzuki GSXR 1000 which the previous owner seems to have flipped over (I suspect wheelie gone awry). Tail plastic, license plate and muffler cap are shaved off, all the nose plastic/headlight is gone. Motor, gas tank, frame barely have mark on them. It's going to be a bit of a project but I buy them to have something to do in retirement.
The Duc looked good in the picture. The Gixxer, not so much!
Sounds like a fun retirement hobby!
What is your plan for the GSXR?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
its a bike, made for riding, not looking at, lol
I think it is strange that those who actually ride "bikes" must be called "cyclists" because "biker" has been has been misappropriated.

"Bike" is short for bicycle
That thing is a motorcycle.
;) This is a bike....:giggle:

1628017251630.png
Sponsored

Last edited: