What Features SHOULD your Ranger Have but Ford Missed?

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
my super crew xlt has vents under the front seats for heat and ac I just went and checked.
1028190843.jpg
And there appears to be one that blows on the drivers feet. I just saw it under the dash in the steering column area and it isn't attached very so if you hear a rattle from that area that's probably the cause
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Yeah. But you gotta remember to push the button every time you turn off the truck. I want them to automatically fold when you turn it off.
What is everyone's jones with this feature? I mean, I get if it if you live in a city environment but otherwise, what's the point of them doing this?

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
What is everyone's jones with this feature? I mean, I get if it if you live in a city environment but otherwise, what's the point of them doing this?
I live in a city environment. Also, it's a useful feature to have. I park in a parking garage for work and most of the cars are packed in like sardines.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Remember when Ford introduced the passenger airbags on the Ranger? I do...back in those days Ford gave us a choice to disable said bag inserting the vehicle key on a switch and enable/disable to allow for car seats and the like...with the auto start enable resetting after every engine on cycle, some of us older folk might forget to turn the switch off. A feature to enable/disable the ASS in the vehicle settings without recurring to Forscan might be nice....

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I'm probably like you. I rarely use the feature and it really doesn't buy you that much space. But... It wouldn't kill Ford to realize that some rangers are sold to farms and country folks and some are sold to big city apartment dwellers. Putting it as an option in the software would cost little to nothing.

They could do the same with the mirrors (angle not folding) when you back up. I had a buddy with a 1999 Jaguar that when you shifted into reverse the mirrors tilted down so you could see your rear wheels and bumpter. Admittedly, that was on a high end luxury British sports car. But Ford once owned Jag and I'm sure they "opened the Kimono" at least once and showed then the little goodies and that was over two decades ago - last century even.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I'm sure that if ford wanted the mirrors to auto-fold every time you turn off the truck they could have done it. I suspect that the motors aren't rated for that (as opposed to being used to occasionally fold the mirrors when needed). They could add beefier motors, but then they might need to redesign the mirror housing. For the ranger ford needs something that will last for years and years without wearing out. A jaguar doesn't have the same considerations, because you basically expect random stuff to break all the time. :p

I expect a lot of this sort of thing will be addressed in the next version, which will likely be designed more from the ground up for the US market rather than being an exercise into how much can be quickly and economically crammed into an existing foreign-market platform.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Disappointing that my Lariat trim doesn't have memory seats. Even my 2013 Ford Fusion had memory seats with 3 presets. Annoying trying to squeeze in after my wife drives
Yes, missing memory presets is a total bummer on the Lariat. But you know what would make me happy on my Lariat? Electronic driver seat back adjustment would be great. I mean buttons on the seat bottom and manual adjustment on the seat back? Come on!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yes, missing memory presets is a total bummer on the Lariat. But you know what would make me happy on my Lariat? Electronic driver seat back adjustment would be great. I mean buttons on the seat bottom and manual adjustment on the seat back? Come on!
I kinda assumed they go together--no point in putting in a memory button if the back is manual. If it was all electric at least the lariat trim probably would have had the memory function.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
I kinda assumed they go together--no point in putting in a memory button if the back is manual. If it was all electric at least the lariat trim probably would have had the memory function.
It can be fully electric and not have memory presets. My parents GMC Sierra is like this. But to your point, Ford obviously decided to reduce production costs and not make they seat fully electric. Thus cancelling any chance of presets.

MasiJC

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Sport - Magnetic
power rear sliding window!
i would use it so much more if it had this option..

Romac

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
My access cab Tacoma sr had adaptive cruise and was much more base than my ranger, and it’s a feature I sorely miss. I’d love for ford to standardize those type of features.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
As a new Ranger owner who has to put up with cold weather 6-8 months a year, a heated steering wheel should be standard equipment. Heated steering wheels have been around for more than a dozen years, my wife’s 2008 BMW X3 and my old 2011 Ram truck each had one. Even if they had it standard in the Lariat I think they’d be able to upsell a lot more people to get them in the high end model. I know for a fact I would have bought the Lariat if it came with a heated steering wheel.
I also think offering heated mirrors on at least the XLT model isn’t too much to ask.
one other option I wish was offered, even if just on the Lariat, is an AWD setting. My last truck had this and again living with snow and ice for months on end it’s a nice option to have. It’s essentially on demand 4wd. I still had the option to select 2wd or lock it into 4wd. Heck, even my2004 Ford Escape I used to own had AWD and the ability to lock in 4wd.
Alright one more, and this is pretty minor, I agree with those wanting a power sliding rear window.
Sponsored