After receiving your new Ford Ranger you should/need to preform two training exercises

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4dr 4X4 Pickup
Fred, not to answer for HenryMac but they look like the Weathertech Flaps I also put on.

flap DSR.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your reply Ranger5... (This is my 5th Ranger also...) I really like those, I'll go check weathertech... :>)))
Sponsored

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred, not to answer for HenryMac but they look like the Weathertech Flaps I also put on.

flap DSR.jpg
Thank you for your reply Ranger5... (This is my 5th Ranger also...) I really like those, I'll go check weathertech... :>)))[/QUOTE]
Were they a Bugger to get on??...

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'd recommend greasing the spare tire cable if you flip the spare. More cable hanging out is more cable that can pick up rust. I have never seen them come pre-greased, so it might be fitting to lower it, grease the whole cable, and then run it back up so that it actually works in 50K miles when you have to use the spare for the first time.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend greasing the spare tire cable if you flip the spare. More cable hanging out is more cable that can pick up rust. I have never seen them come pre-greased, so it might be fitting to lower it, grease the whole cable, and then run it back up so that it actually works in 50K miles when you have to use the spare for the first time.
I haven't actually looked (and I should flip the spare) - is it is cable or a chain? My last Ranger it was a chain that held the spare - when it was up, the chain just hung - you could see it from below.

There should be a screw that should probably be greased as well (the think you crank down thru the bumper).

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
It's not a cable... it's a chain. And it's a painted chain. Greasing it will just allow crud to stick all over it.

011.JPG

012.JPG

018.JPG

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not a cable... it's a chain. And it's a painted chain. Greasing it will just allow crud to stick all over it.

011.JPG

012.JPG

018.JPG

Agreed, leave it alone if it's not a cable.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
HenryMac..... where did you get those rear splash guards? I've been looking for some and I like your best. Nice rig by the way.
Thanks Fred... Ford gets all the credit.

Mud Flaps... As others already answered, they are WeatherTech mud flaps. Easy installation, no drilling required.

I picked them because they don't have any logos. Rangers already have logo-itise as it is. Somebody said there are actually 14 factory fresh "Ranger" logo's on these trucks already. :giggle:

Rear Mud Flap 002.JPG
Rear Mud Flap 002A.JPG

Last edited:
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you t4thfavor for the information. I'll try to get around to it soon..... Thanks again...

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
forget the chain. forget the cable.
is anyone looking into making a hydraulically assisted spare tire contraption?
do ya'll realise how much easier it will be to remove the spare if I just slip a handle and it lowers all on its own with no clunk, bang or effort on my part???
I figure as soon as I do something like that, I'll never need it again.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I usually just carry my spare in the box. Obviously if you have the plastic liner you can't because it will slide but a bare box or sprayed liner keeps it from sliding around.. ATM mine has the plastic liner that I plan on pulling out ASAP as the box on the Ranger is steel and those liners vibrate, wear the paint, and then the box starts rusting. Not to mention they hold dirt and sand which adds to the wear.
I used one of these on my last few trucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Bed-Spa...323809178025?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I just dropped my spare, swapped it for a larger size and then reinstalled with the stem facing down. I think Ford did a great job with the spare tire mounting system, very easy to use and requires very little effort.

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I usually just carry my spare in the box. Obviously if you have the plastic liner you can't because it will slide but a bare box or sprayed liner keeps it from sliding around.. ATM mine has the plastic liner that I plan on pulling out ASAP as the box on the Ranger is steel and those liners vibrate, wear the paint, and then the box starts rusting. Not to mention they hold dirt and sand which adds to the wear.
I used one of these on my last few trucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Bed-Spa...323809178025?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
True enough.....

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I just dropped my spare, swapped it for a larger size and then reinstalled with the stem facing down. I think Ford did a great job with the spare tire mounting system, very easy to use and requires very little effort.
was yours not the same size as the tires on your truck?
Sponsored