What Features SHOULD your Ranger Have but Ford Missed?

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Super crew with 6 1/2 foot bed, plus head lights on when unlock for approaching at night not parking lites, and stake pockets too so I can put my own lumber racks on for cheap to haul something like wood in it, or whatever I want to haul that is taller than the bed rails , it is a pickup truck after all and it is made to haul things isn't.

1024191317.jpg

Last edited:

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Illumination for the center console cup holders.

Electronic safe rather than the silly storage area on top of the dash.

Memory option for mirrors and seats.

Pockets on the front seat lower cushions.

More than one engine/transmission option.

A/C vents for back seat area.
my super crew xlt has vents under the front seats for heat and ac I just went and checked.
1028190843.jpg

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My personal wishlist:

• Lay-flat back seats
  • Full roll down/Sport Trac style back window
  • Option to turn auto start/stop off permanently with the button
  • Auto folding mirrors
  • Paddle shifters for Sport Mode
  • Tailgate step
  • Hidden storage on the bed similar to the Honda Ridgeline
  • Power outlet in the bed
the 301a package has power folding mirrors at least mine does

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
  1. Front lockers
  2. Sunroof/moonroof
  3. Larger fuel tank
  4. Auxiliary switches for add-on offroad lights, onboard air system, etc.
  5. Space in engine compartment for 2nd battery.
  6. Cooled seats for us in the desert.
  7. Snorkel
  8. A better truck bed tie down system, something like the Tacoma.
    I know this is a big list but just things Iā€™ve noticed Iā€™d rather or would want!!

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
Tailgate dampers for a "Slow Open" tailgate. To my knowledge, they don't come on any trim level and it's not a factory option, yet Ford sells the damper strut kit on Ford Accessories... It's less than $60 and a 10 minute install, which is all the more reason it should have been on the truck to begin with.

Video of "slow open" tailgate:

Damper assembly on Ford Accessories: https://accessories.ford.com/damper-asy-12567.html

RangerUp556

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat, 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Disappointing that my Lariat trim doesn't have memory seats. Even my 2013 Ford Fusion had memory seats with 3 presets. Annoying trying to squeeze in after my wife drives

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Disappointing that my Lariat trim doesn't have memory seats. Even my 2013 Ford Fusion had memory seats with 3 presets. Annoying trying to squeeze in after my wife drives
That's my only complaint after a year. I hate when anyone else drives the truck because it takes forever to get the seat just right again.

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
Different interior colors than just black and stone. Black is such a bitch to keep clean when you live in an arid climate part of the country.

Other than that... I wish they would have offered a technology delete package. No Sync, no collision alert, no anti-lock brakes, no traction control. Just a basic truck, with all the air bags, but none of the rest of the "driver technology" stuff.
Can't you just disable all of it in the menus? ABS is legally required on new cars by NHTSA and most other developed countries, so you won't be able to get a car 2012 or newer without it or be able to easily disable it. If you really want to disable it permanently, pull the abs relay or disconnect a wheel speed sensor. It'll trigger a traction control, stability control, and ABS fault.

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Account Manager
Wow. Good job Ford lol...

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Can't you just disable all of it in the menus? ABS is legally required on new cars by NHTSA and most other developed countries, so you won't be able to get a car 2012 or newer without it or be able to easily disable it. If you really want to disable it permanently, pull the abs relay or disconnect a wheel speed sensor. It'll trigger a traction control, stability control, and ABS fault.
Yeah... that would be stupid. The point is to not be forced into buying technology unless it is needed, and not having to deal with it breaking down over the next 20 years.

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Account Manager
Yeah... that would be stupid. The point is to not be forced into buying technology unless it is needed, and not having to deal with it breaking down over the next 20 years.
I agree, but you have to think like the average buyer. Most people have no idea what all of that tech is or what it does, and honestly, most people these days have no idea how to drive without it. Ford sadly won't make one off versions for enthusiasts. They tried too with the ST cars but too few people bought them in the US to keep them in production (sad too, because I have one). It's just too expensive to justify

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
the 301a package has power folding mirrors at least mine does
Yeah. But you gotta remember to push the button every time you turn off the truck. I want them to automatically fold when you turn it off.
Sponsored