What Features SHOULD your Ranger Have but Ford Missed?

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Yes, missing memory presets is a total bummer on the Lariat. But you know what would make me happy on my Lariat? Electronic driver seat back adjustment would be great. I mean buttons on the seat bottom and manual adjustment on the seat back? Come on!
Yes totally agree! They should call them semi-automatic power seats.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
um, not sure I am understanding this......
Way back in the Warn manual hub-before Hill decent control, computerized crawl etc days, you could "walk" down a steep, deeply creviced hill with the engine off, low range 2nd or third gear and modulate the clutch and brake to get the desired slip to stay in the optimal groove of your descent.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
It can be fully electric and not have memory presets. My parents GMC Sierra is like this. But to your point, Ford obviously decided to reduce production costs and not make they seat fully electric. Thus cancelling any chance of presets.
That's my first world problem...stupid manual back adjust. The cost difference is not a deal breaker, in my opinion. People gonna buy a Lariat, not gonna walk over an extra hundred dollars necessary to make the seats fully electric (and potentially memory). Maybe if Ford gets their act together and makes fully electric seats, I can swap some in down the road.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Only thing that comes to mind for me is I wish there was more/better storage under the rear seat. Nothing major I can think of after 20k miles.

porktyme

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Would be nice if the switch for locking electronic differential lit up when engaged or made some sort of noise. All you see is a small icon on the dash indicating it's engaged after holding the button down for 2 seconds.

Reactions: Doc

DoctorsTARDIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
-Some sort of built in tailgate step solution (probably my biggest complaint) or side steps on the bumper, anything really to not have to bellyflop onto the tailgate to get in the bed
-drivers side grab handle (seriously, why is it not there?)
-heated steering wheel
-cooled seats
-power seatback with memory
-tailgate damper & being able to drop the tailgate with the key fob
-power outlet in the bed
-power rear window
-wheelwell liners that AREN'T FABRIC. Especially on off road packages
-front mounted camera

things that would be nice to have
-sunroof
-360 camera/trail cameras
-paddle shifters instead of the little buttons
-park assist & other co-pilot features we don't get (because our platform is just... old)
-a transmission option with a 3rd pedal

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Heated steering wheel

Ventilated seats

Memory seats

Power rear window

But I can live without 'em.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
-Some sort of built in tailgate step solution (probably my biggest complaint) or side steps on the bumper, anything really to not have to bellyflop onto the tailgate to get in the bed
-heated steering wheel
-cooled seats
-power outlet in the bed
-power rear window
-front mounted camera

things that would be nice to have
-sunroof
-360 camera/trail cameras
-paddle shifters instead of the little buttons
-park assist & other co-pilot features we don't get (because our platform is just... old)
-a transmission option with a 3rd pedal
Yes, it really should have a driver's side grab handle. The Lariat trim has heated seats, which is great, but it should have full power to the front seats, including the seatback. I would also like Ford to get a little more creative (or just copy what is already out there on the Ridgeline, Ram, F150, etc.) with the bed and tailgate. Tailgate should come pre-dampened with capability to drop tailgate with key fob and an accessory option to automatic raising and lowering from the fob like on the F150. Tailgate should also have a 60/40 split and capability to open down as well as across (like Ram and Timberline). I would like to see bedside storage (drainable, so you can store drinks and ice, like the Ram) as an option, and a lockable bed trunk (drainable, like the Ridgeline). And how about a back-seat delete for all trim levels? And the possibility of upgrading to something like the B&O Unleashed that the high-end 150s get. Maybe the 2023 Ranger Lariat or Raptor will get one or more of these, as well as enhanced power and suspension? I am still loving my 2019 Lariat and waiting so see what Ford does with the Ranger in the next few years....

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
-heated steering wheel
-cooled seats
-power outlet in the bed
-power rear window
-front mounted camera
You can solve the bumper step with the Black Horse Offroad rear bumper, probably the single best and most useful mod I've done.

IMG_0802-2.jpeg

The other items I 100% agree with , especially the driver side grab handle.

My only daily gripe is with SYNC 3.

What a crappy/buggy infotainment system.

I'm leaning more and more toward dumping it and putting in one of the aftermarket solutions.

If I could find a decent PX6 Android unit I'd probably go ahead and do it.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it really should have a driver's side grab handle. The Lariat trim has heated seats, which is great, but it should have full power to the front seats, including the seatback. I would also like Ford to get a little more creative (or just copy what is already out there on the Ridgeline, Ram, F150, etc.) with the bed and tailgate. Tailgate should come pre-dampened with capability to drop tailgate with key fob and an accessory option to automatic raising and lowering from the fob like on the F150. Tailgate should also have a 60/40 split and capability to open down as well as across (like Ram and Timberline). I would like to see bedside storage (drainable, so you can store drinks and ice, like the Ram) as an option, and a lockable bed trunk (drainable, like the Ridgeline). And how about a back-seat delete for all trim levels? And the possibility of upgrading to something like the B&O Unleashed that the high-end 150s get. Maybe the 2023 Ranger Lariat or Raptor will get one or more of these, as well as enhanced power and suspension? I am still loving my 2019 Lariat and waiting so see what Ford does with the Ranger in the next few years....
And please, no sun/moon roof, or at least, make it an option, not part of a package. I am six-foot three inches tall, and roof height is really, really important to me in a vehicle! I can fit in the current Ranger and even wear a cap or beanie without touching the roof, but let's leave well-enough alone!
Sponsored