2024 Tacoma – Here's The New Competition! 🥊 Now With Hybrid Model

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Overall good job Toyota. Variety of options. Something for everyone. Curious about the 8 speed auto, and fuel numbers for the higher output 2.4I4 and with the hybrid option. I don't mind the looks. Interior looks decent minus the ipad style screen. Look forward to seeing more reviews. While basic in looks and some features, I see no reason to upgrade. The 5g ranger tows a lot and has solid payload. As a truck doing truck things it still does very well.

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yowza Toyota is offering all the options that were “must haves” for me to let go of my ‘19 Ranger. Crew Cab and long bed.

nice to haves: ventilated seats for my sweaty bum, in bed air compressor (great when you’re stuff motorcycles in the bed), MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

There are loads of other features that I don’t care about, but if I could get the Trailhunter with the above options then I’d be seriously tempted.

hopefully Ford reveals other options to be more competitive in the next couple of years.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Heard the seat is higher and the cab interior height is higher. Brake controller. Rear disc finally. 6 speed manual.. wonder if my smart cap will fit on it?🤔😬😂.
i like it.

and an automatic tailgate! no dampener needed wow🤪

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Lots of options. Tons of volume makes all the investment in trims and drivetrains possible. I’ll save you time. Here’s my review

SR - work truck for bros
SR5 - bro truck
TRD - bro truck
TRD Pro - bro truck with bro seats
Limited - nice try, still a bro truck
Trail hunter - how many bros can afford this thing

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota making most configurations and choices. Want to see the EPA numbers. I like it. I wonder if the mpg vs power will be as good as our Ranger 5gs? Interested to see SR5 xtra cab pricing.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
IMO...Ford 6G wins the fugly contest...Chevy ZR2 and this new Taco has better exterior in my designer opinion...performance wise? Maybe Ford...we'll see...
opostite for me the tacoma is trying way to hard to be aggresive but its just ugly to me but the fact the pro is coming with +2LT is kinda neat plus 4 link rear is massive plus over the ford leaf spring

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
The styling angles are too over the top for me. Can't ever see myself buying one. Even though Ford is lame the way they do some things, give me my Ranger everyday over this.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
The new Taco looks like a toy truck on steroids. The interior console and dash looks like a Lego set. The hybrid power train is intriguing, but only if it gets at least 30mpg. I hope to keep my 5g for several more years, but if I have to replace it sooner, I would still consider the 6g Ranger with the 2.7, or the GM twins over this. The only thing that really bothers me about the 6g is the lack of 4 auto, which the GM‘s have. Purely on looks, the GM’s have the edge for me, but the Ranger still looks good to me.

Blitz

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Make Soap
Well Toyota had to do something. Ether make the Tacoma smaller so it is much different that Tundra or slap a Tacoma badge on a Tundra truck. They chose the ladder. For me its too big and bulky on the outside and the cab looks very small and tight on the inside. Not sure why you would buy this truck versus a full size truck? Not sure off road folks want to be toting a hybrid battery around? I just don't get it. The last Tacoma I bought was in 2008. I will wait and see what Toyota does to compete with the Maverick.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Looks nice. Toyota did a REAL next generation upgrade with this. That engine compartment worries me though.

A hybrid pickup truck....hmmmm

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
sharp looking truck.
Might be worth a look and a trade in if it checks off the boxes

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
The new Taco looks like a toy truck on steroids. The interior console and dash looks like a Lego set. The hybrid power train is intriguing, but only if it gets at least 30mpg. I hope to keep my 5g for several more years, but if I have to replace it sooner, I would still consider the 6g Ranger with the 2.7, or the GM twins over this. The only thing that really bothers me about the 6g is the lack of 4 auto, which the GM‘s have. Purely on looks, the GM’s have the edge for me, but the Ranger still looks good to me.
I am beginning to wonder if I have a long lost brother. Your thoughts are mine as well, every point.
Sponsored