First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Great Youtube video from Driving Sports TV.

Enjoy

Frank

a better comparison would have been the LARIAT Tremor versus the TRD PRO.......which is actually top of the line versus top of the line.......the Lariat has heated seats which they mentioned the XLT didn't (The Lariat also has LED lights and fog lights, push button start, and some other goodies) ......and price point is almost identical........but the Ranger has a million times better stock motor and trans!!.....the TRD PRO 3.5L is crap!!....I owned several Tacos and the motor/trans combo is horrible.......no low-end power and constant shifting......and no way to tune the Taco.......the Ranger tuned with the Ford Performance Tune is a game changer and takes an already capable truck over the top with incredible performance while still retaining a factory warranty!

being a FORMER Taco lover, I can honestly say that the Ranger Tremor Lariat is the most comfortable, powerful, capable midsize truck to own and blows the Taco away and I LOVE my 2021 Tremor Lariat after owning it for 1 year and I smile everyday driving it!

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
They were rookies. Anyone that spots and says turn right, no the other right needs to surrender their spotting card. Driver or passenger are the spotters directional commands.

Tremor steps are a clear sign of mall crawlers. Excellent for city duty but absolutely holds back the off road performance of the tremor. They are simply anchors to get you in trouble off road.

Taco put city tires on a off road truck, tremor put rock anchors on their off road truck. They stacked rocks for the tremor in the rock garden where the taco drove straight thru. Taco has side and front view cameras that help off road and the tremor had zero cameras. It was a off-road video comparison so the taco wins with its weak engine.

2024 taco gets a 2.4L turbo with 8 speed trans but my god it looks even more horrible than now.
In another video, he stuffs a TRD Pro 4Runner into a tree, from a poor line choice.

Also you ALWAYS engage your locker/s before encountering an obstacle. Neither of these guys knew that. Meaning that little rock garden they were on, they should have engaged the lockers say 10 feet before hand. They were complaining about the Tacoma's locker not engaging when you need it, because yeah that isn't how you use a locker.

I can't stand Driving Sports YT channel. He doesn't know what he is talking about. He just reads off the press packet and films himself on Fire Roads.

OP
OP
Highlander

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
a better comparison would have been the LARIAT Tremor versus the TRD PRO.......which is actually top of the line versus top of the line.......the Lariat has heated seats which they mentioned the XLT didn't (The Lariat also has LED lights and fog lights, push button start, and some other goodies) ......and price point is almost identical........but the Ranger has a million times better stock motor and trans!!.....the TRD PRO 3.5L is crap!!....I owned several Tacos and the motor/trans combo is horrible.......no low-end power and constant shifting......and no way to tune the Taco.......the Ranger tuned with the Ford Performance Tune is a game changer and takes an already capable truck over the top with incredible performance while still retaining a factory warranty!

being a FORMER Taco lover, I can honestly say that the Ranger Tremor Lariat is the most comfortable, powerful, capable midsize truck to own and blows the Taco away and I LOVE my 2021 Tremor Lariat after owning it for 1 year and I smile everyday driving it!
I agree with all this. My last truck was an 2011 Tacoma TRD Offroad, access cab, which I purchased new, and had until this truck.

Frank

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Hypothetically speaking, if shopping for another new truck today and they both offered a manual transmission I would get the Ranger Tremor over the Tacoma TRD Pro.

Reality is likely that I will get a Bronco manual transmission before I buy another Toyota because Ford is not likely to put a manual in the new Ranger.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I really want to snatch the steps off as soon as I receive my Tremor. They are just dumb on that truck. (Just my opinion!) But all the comments on this forum about Tremor's and the rock chips make me very hesitate to remove the steps. Not sure what I am going to do.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I really want to snatch the steps off as soon as I receive my Tremor. They are just dumb on that truck. (Just my opinion!) But all the comments on this forum about Tremor's and the rock chips make me very hesitate to remove the steps. Not sure what I am going to do.
I looking into designing some Rubicon style rock rails. Not frame mounted but will add some protection and hide the pinch well. The oem ones look great on my wife's JLU. My buddy has a JKU and they actually hold up to use.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
I looking into designing some Rubicon style rock rails. Not frame mounted but will add some protection and hide the pinch well. The oem ones look great on my wife's JLU. My buddy has a JKU and they actually hold up to use.
Keep us posted on your efforts please. I'm going to have to figure out something so I can ditch those steps.

I'd like to remove the steps at least but others on here have posted about the big holes left on the rails after removing the steps. Just no win.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I'd reccomend canceling your order so there are more parts available for @AzureRanger truck.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Keep us posted on your efforts please. I'm going to have to figure out something so I can ditch those steps.

I'd like to remove the steps at least but others on here have posted about the big holes left on the rails after removing the steps. Just no win.
Will do. My running boards have been off for almost a year now. Mud flaps stop everything and I have no chips. Just want something Incase i bump into something off road. It is not rock crawling so i do not require a frame mount.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Will do. My running boards have been off for almost a year now. Mud flaps stop everything and I have no chips. Just want something Incase i bump into something off road. It is not rock crawling so i do not require a frame mount.
What flaps did you use?