First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT Systems Manager
As the title says! I sold my 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB. I bought that truck new in 2017 and it treated me well. I had spent alot of time and money on that build. However, at the end of the day i made the rookie mistake of buying a 2x4. In addition to all that. Those of you that have owned the Tacoma know all about the gearing and constant up and down shifts. So it was time for a change. I'll be doing a new build with the Ranger. Similar to what I've done with the Tacoma.

PARTS LIST TO DATE
Most all parts are from @Stage3Motorsports
AWE Tuning 0FG Dual Crawler Cat-Back (Diamond Black Tips)
Airaid Performance Air Intake System - Dry
Raptor Style Grille Kit w/Raptor Lights
Putco SS Cut Tailgate Lettering Emblems (Black Platinum)
FactionFab 1.50" Wheel Spacer Set
Ford Performance Power Pack Calibration
TurboSmart BOV Kompact Dual Port VR13 TS-0223-1096
DeeZee Tailgate Assist DZ43206
aFe Power BladeRunner 3 IN Aluminum Hot and Cold Charge Pipe Kit
Ford Performance Red Tow Hooks

Most of these are from Amazon
Sequential LED Turn Signal Side Mirror Lights Smoked Lens
Blackout LED Front Bumper Side Marker Lights Lamp Assembly
New ECOBEAST 4WD Badges
RockyMountain Graphics hood and tailgate decals
CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
TruXedo Pro X15 Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover

Other Vendors:
Tufskinz Carbon Fiber interior accent trim pieces
AirDesignsUSA RANGER TAILGATE APPLIQUÉ SATIN BLACK by
AirDesignsUSA RANGER TAILGATE SPOILER

PS: If your in the Houston Texas Area. Shoot me a message or let me know. I’m the Vice President of HTX Toyota’s. However no longer owning a Toyota. I’m thinking of starting a new crew for Ford rangers. We can still hang out with the toyota crew and flex on them a bit ?? ?

My Tacoma below... New Pics of the Ranger to come

IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG

The new ride
8925698D-C15A-455C-BC37-7CFB5690367D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I too went from a Tacoma to a Ranger. I really love my Ranger. Super comfortable, quite and hauls the mail when I need it too. I still have the Taco 1999 2WD super cab V6 SR5. It's my around town rig now. I am sure you will like your Ranger and spend a ton of $'s
on mods for it. I have but am glad I did 1000%.

bklynch68

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Same with me my Tacoma was decent but always hated the pedal lag. Tune helped but did not fix and introduced some odd rpm revs. Also I never knew they were referred too as "Tacos" I hated that. My Tremor drives and shifts better, tows more and imo looks better than the Tacoma never did or will. Toyota really went cheap on many parts on that truck. They are surviving on reputation and that's it.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Huh, aren't you on FB ranger forums? I think I have seen this picture. Good stuff though, glad you made it over here :rockon:

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Same with me my Tacoma was decent but always hated the pedal lag. Tune helped but did not fix and introduced some odd rpm revs. Also I never knew they were referred too as "Tacos" I hated that. My Tremor drives and shifts better, tows more and imo looks better than the Tacoma never did or will. Toyota really went cheap on many parts on that truck. They are surviving on reputation and that's it.
Looks are subjective, with that said i think the ranger has a better profile and front end view, but overall is just too tall and narrow, which makes it goofy. Its why I recommend everyone to get tires filled out and possibly fenders lol.

also OP welcome

OP
OP
TRD-2-Tremor

TRD-2-Tremor

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Systems Manager
modifying a truck is all about Cred.
The only way you keep that cred and status is to be a man, and to manually lift and lower your tailgate.
You've lost it before you even had it.
Shakes my own head in shame for you.

Rookie mistake #2.....pfft
To each his own lol, but fair enough.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Your tacoma build looked awesome & sounds like your already on your way to a nice ranger build. You will really like the awe exhaust. It truly has no drone and sounds pretty aggressive outside. Also think you will really love the 10spd / turbo 4, unlike the tacoma it responds very well to a tune and other performance mods. I'm still enjoying my relativity lightly modded tremor with no regrets

Last edited:
OP
OP
TRD-2-Tremor

TRD-2-Tremor

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Systems Manager
Your tacoma build looked awesome & sounds like your already are on your way to a nice ranger build. You will really like the awe, exhaust. It truly has no drone and sounds pretty aggressive outside. Also think you will really love the 10spd / turbo 4, unlike the tacoma it responds very well to a tune and other performance mods. I'm still enjoying my relativity lightly modded tremor with no regrets
Man!! I appreciate that feed back. I looked and did my research on exhaust and that was the best sounding one out of all the options. Next in line would have been that Borla S-Type.
I’m excited to get it built and out in the sand. I tend to offroad the rocky and sandy areas. I don’t like mud to much.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Man!! I appreciate that feed back. I looked and did my research on exhaust and that was the best sounding one out of all the options. Next in line would have been that Borla S-Type.
I’m excited to get it built and out in the sand. I tend to offroad the rocky and sandy areas. I don’t like mud to much.
You made the right choice, I was between roush and awe. Very happy with awe, the fit, finish, quality is top notch. I can't imagine an exhaust making the small turbo 4 sound any more aggressive especially on cold start. I haven't notice any increase in cabin volume except under hard throttle.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Well, the Tremor is awesome from the factory, I would say the only thing your missing is probably a front level kit. Depending on how much weight you plan to add, a 1-2" level makes most happy. 1" still provides about a .05-0.75" taller rear. The 2" I think is recommended for those adding a winch otherwise the front could be a hair higher.

OP
OP
TRD-2-Tremor

TRD-2-Tremor

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Systems Manager
You made the right choice, I was between roush and awe. Very happy with awe, the fit, finish, quality is top notch. I can't imagine an exhaust making the small turbo 4 sound any more aggressive especially on cold start. I haven't notice any increase in cabin volume except under hard throttle.
Man that’s exciting! Glad I did my research and my gut feeling was right!! I appreciate feedback. That makes me feel a lot more secure in my decision ??

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good choice coming over to the dark side Brett. :bandit: I had a 2016 Tacoma and at the time the Ranger wasn't back here in the US so mid size choices were limited to either the GM twins or a Tacoma. I chose the Tacoma because of it's long history of being a great truck, boy was I wrong. Hated it from day 1 and the drivetrain and seating position were the worst I've ever had. I think you'll be impressed what this little 4 cyl can do and how smooth it drives/shifts. Looking forward to your build page.
Sponsored