First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
If you are referring to wiring schematics, I have the electrical wiring manual for the 2020 Ranger. What are you looking for??
Yes I am! Headlight, taillight schematics. Then the hood sensor schematic also. I’m wanting to run some trigger wires for lights. And instead of tearing into the truck with no plan I’d like to have some sort of idea or game plan to run them.
Sponsored

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Yes I am! Headlight, taillight schematics. Then the hood sensor schematic also. I’m wanting to run some trigger wires for lights. And instead of tearing into the truck with no plan I’d like to have some sort of idea or game plan to run them.
I'll look for them tonight when I get home -- will let you know later ..

Jim

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I can't find the Hood sensor schematic. Look at the Table of Contents and let me know where you think it might be. (I'll look too, but it's a thick book)..

Jim

Attachments

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
I can't find the Hood sensor schematic. Look at the Table of Contents and let me know where you think it might be. (I'll look too, but it's a thick book)..

Jim
Awesome! Thank you so much!

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
thank you for the info ! :like:

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Let me know if you need anything else..
okay one last thing and it’s more of a diagram of what parts are what. But the fuel tank. I’ve been working with Long Range America on their extended tank replacement for the ranger. I’ve swamped with my two jobs now but finally getting back to the fuel tank modification. It takes the 18 gallon and swaps it with a 36 gallon. So with the emissions and what not I’d like to try to find a Ford layout of the tank diagram with their nominclature too. Becauseif the LRA instructions are different I’d like to be able to edit or updatetheirs to make a slump let install for the shop or customer.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
okay one last thing and it’s more of a diagram of what parts are what. But the fuel tank. I’ve been working with Long Range America on their extended tank replacement for the ranger. I’ve swamped with my two jobs now but finally getting back to the fuel tank modification. It takes the 18 gallon and swaps it with a 36 gallon. So with the emissions and what not I’d like to try to find a Ford layout of the tank diagram with their nomenclature too. Because if the LRA instructions are different I’d like to be able to edit or update theirs to make a slump let install for the shop or customer.
How are you getting a tank for the Ranger? I went to their website, and it doesn't list the Ranger.. (I'll see what I can find in the Maintenance Manual tomorrow for you)..

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
How are you getting a tank for the Ranger? I went to their website, and it doesn't list the Ranger.. (I'll see what I can find in the Maintenance Manual tomorrow for you)..
I’ve had the tank for a while. It’s an international tank with some things equipped to accept the US emissions. There are some things I just have some questions on before I do the full swap. I’ve got the tank to do the tank mount redesign.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I'm not having much luck in finding the door pillar diagram on a SuperCab.

There something rattling behind my cover on the passenger side. I want to removed that cover and would like to see a breakdown of what all has to come apart.

I've looked at some interior diagrams but can 't find this one.

Body Closers 501-03 diagram refers me to - Rear Door Trim Panel - Super Cab (501-05) but this doesn't show disassembly.

Bingo - https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/supercab-rear-door-trim-removal.12454/

Last edited:

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
FYI here. My Helm CD technical manual required Internet Explorer to drive the program.
IE is now history and I was a little concerned about being able to use the CD manual.
Microsoft edge has a setting that allows content that requires IE to open/run.
...it works fine, but you have to set Edge as your default browser.
I prefer Firefox for most browsing, but it just takes a second to switch defaults when using the Helm disc.

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Thanks for starting this. Looks like I need to order the Helm manual, but does it come in paper? Its dependance on Windows and IE is a problem for us Mac users. I could go the Parallels route but thats just an added expense for one Windows application.

Does anyone have the pinout for the BCM?

What I'm trying to diagnose is the door panel LED circuit. The jumper wiring in the doors for all models/options is the same. The cable ends are there for LED Circuit (ambient lighting), folding / heated mirrors, keyless entry, etc. Same part numbers for the jumper wire for all doors and options.

This may be a Forscan setting for the as built with/without ambient lighting but the LED circuit is "always hot".

Another question would be for those with Ambient lighting is there a settings tab in Sync 3 (head unit) for any adjustment? I would think no since Ford discontinued the use of RGB Led's, but I hate to assume. There are Forscan settings to enable the menu item in Sync3 (head unit), but I'm not sure that would apply unless its just an option for brightness value.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
Thanks for starting this. Looks like I need to order the Helm manual, but does it come in paper? Its dependance on Windows and IE is a problem for us Mac users. I could go the Parallels route but thats just an added expense for one Windows application.

Does anyone have the pinout for the BCM?

What I'm trying to diagnose is the door panel LED circuit. The jumper wiring in the doors for all models/options is the same. The cable ends are there for LED Circuit (ambient lighting), folding / heated mirrors, keyless entry, etc. Same part numbers for the jumper wire for all doors and options.

This may be a Forscan setting for the as built with/without ambient lighting but the LED circuit is "always hot".

Another question would be for those with Ambient lighting is there a settings tab in Sync 3 (head unit) for any adjustment? I would think no since Ford discontinued the use of RGB Led's, but I hate to assume. There are Forscan settings to enable the menu item in Sync3 (head unit), but I'm not sure that would apply unless its just an option for brightness value.
I believe the 'mechanical' manual is CD only. It also looks like it will only work with Windows.
I did not know my CD included the full paper electrical manual, so I ordered this manual also. That was a bit of an expensive bummer, but then I remembered the ease of paper when tracing circuits.
Link below.
https://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=https://www.google.com/

Last edited:

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
See if this has what you want:
Hi Jim,

I'm trying to hunt down a short to ground on my driver side front turn indicator. Would you have any of the diagrams to help me trace this circuit?

My BCM is turning off the blinker because of a short to ground.

Thanks in adavance
Sponsored