First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4wd Supercab, 1996 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Fireman
For what it's worth; the NA version for the heated rear window does use a brown/yellow wire coming out of the Battery Junction Box (BJB) to power the heat grid. The relay is an integral part of the BJB, not serviced or generally accessible otherwise.

Hope this helps a little. See diagram below.

ranger.JPG
Sponsored

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fireman
Would anyone who has access to this information be able to post the section of the Ranger service manual regarding DTC P061B? Looking for possible causes and related pinpoint tests.

See attached for P061B

Attachments

CymonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 Thunder / Transit 2009 AWD
Hi Cymon,

Being a European Ranger, I do not know if the wiring is the same as the North American Ranger. Not sure if anyone on these forums on the North American side will be of help, but there are other folks on here from Europe and hopefully they will be able to help..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil ,

Thank you for the quick reply. I believe that the wiring is the same for most Fords, at least for the Body controls. Engines will be quite different due to regional emissions constraints.

Thanks,
Simon

CymonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 Thunder / Transit 2009 AWD
For what it's worth; the NA version for the heated rear window does use a brown/yellow wire coming out of the Battery Junction Box (BJB) to power the heat grid. The relay is an integral part of the BJB, not serviced or generally accessible otherwise.

Hope this helps a little. See diagram below.

ranger.JPG
Hi Joe,

Thanks for you for your prompt reply.
The wiring diagram confirms that I can use the F68 feed, heater element side to maintain protection, to feed the relay for my rear-hard-top defrost. Very interesting to see that the relay is non serviceable.

However, I found the Brown yellow wire...

Screenshot 2021-03-08 113448.jpg

... and pushed in my pink relay trigger wire.

The pink had to go quite a way and once contact was made, I pushed a bit further to ensure good contact. I checked on the underside, no wire escapes the confines of the connector.

I tire-wrapped the pink to the rest...

Screenshot 2021-03-08 113731.jpg

... to avoid it moving.

As the relay load is quite low, I don't see it being a problem. And if it is, I now know that I can piggyback the F68 fuse, the relay side.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards

Simon

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fireman
Hi Joe,

Thanks for you for your prompt reply.
The wiring diagram confirms that I can use the F68 feed, heater element side to maintain protection, to feed the relay for my rear-hard-top defrost. Very interesting to see that the relay is non serviceable.

However, I found the Brown yellow wire...

Screenshot 2021-03-08 113448.jpg

... and pushed in my pink relay trigger wire.

The pink had to go quite a way and once contact was made, I pushed a bit further to ensure good contact. I checked on the underside, no wire escapes the confines of the connector.

I tire-wrapped the pink to the rest...

Screenshot 2021-03-08 113731.jpg

... to avoid it moving.

As the relay load is quite low, I don't see it being a problem. And if it is, I now know that I can piggyback the F68 fuse, the relay side.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards

Simon

Yes, I agree. The tiny draw to energize a relay coil will not affect that circuit at all.

Looks fine to me.

Thanks,

Joe

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I'm using the "Interior Trim 501-05" manual to try and remove the A-pillar (to snake a wire down, without interfering with the airbag)

I'm confused by step 5 though:
"Disconnect the tether clips from the A-pillar trim panel."

Okay...what are tether clips?? Am i the only one who doesn't understand these instructions :D I searched online with no relevant results...

The diagram shows the steps, but I don't understand how to access the clips without the pillar being off...

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using the "Interior Trim 501-05" manual to try and remove the A-pillar (to snake a wire down, without interfering with the airbag)

I'm confused by step 5 though:
"Disconnect the tether clips from the A-pillar trim panel."

Okay...what are tether clips?? Am i the only one who doesn't understand these instructions :D I searched online with no relevant results...

The diagram shows the steps, but I don't understand how to access the clips without the pillar being off...
I have done exactly what you are describing to tap power for the lariat sun visor with home link.
Best direction I can give on the tethers is to follow directions up to that step. The trim piece will be loose but still attached to the tethers. As I recall the end of the tether is a T in a slot, rotate the T so it aligns with the slot and can be removed. I did this by pinching the tether and rotating it with my fingers.
Hope that helps.
And be careful around the airbag!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
anyone got the manual for the front seats or at least the bolt torque for front and rear bolts seat track to floor plan on drivers side?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Here ya go...

Installation

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

1. Install the front bolts in the following sequence.
    1. Install the rear inboard bolt.
      Torque : 35 lb.ft (48 Nm)
    1. Install the rear outboard bolt.
    1. Install the front inboard bolt.
    1. Install the front outboard bolt.

1617740169564.png

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Does anyone know how to remove the rear dome light in a supercab (XLT)?

I'm looking to access the area above it, but the Interior Lighting section didn't have that info -- that I could tell, anyway.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I replaced the factory fuel tank straps, with straps with studs, so that I can attach the fuel tank skids plate.

Does anyone know the bolt torque? The Fuel Tank section had invalid (0 byte) PDFs. Thanks :)

Last edited:

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Just bumping, in case anyone has thoughts about the last two posts -- I still haven't found anything online...

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Time I pony up for the Helm manual, but in the meantime would appreciate someone guiding me to pinpoint test k in the sync3 section (415-00B diag & testing, referenced on pg 26). My Sync lite is broken again, to the point where even a battery disconnect didn't work.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Time I pony up for the Helm manual, but in the meantime would appreciate someone guiding me to pinpoint test k in the sync3 section (415-00B diag & testing, referenced on pg 26). My Sync lite is broken again, to the point where even a battery disconnect didn't work.
See if this has what you want:
Sponsored

Attachments