quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
See if this has what you want:
Thanks Jim, but it's the actual test, which is linked on page 26 of the Diagnosis and Testing that I'm looking for. PINPOINT TEST K : THE NON-TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY IS INOPERATIVE OR DOES NOT OPERATE CORRECTLY
Sponsored

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Jim, but it's the actual test, which is linked on page 26 of the Diagnosis and Testing that I'm looking for. PINPOINT TEST K : THE NON-TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY IS INOPERATIVE OR DOES NOT OPERATE CORRECTLY
The first file is the only one that says anything about testing. The rest are about removing and reinstallation of various components.. Each section has it's own page numbers, so I can't find a page 26.. sorry. If you want the entire 415 section, pm me your email and I'll send them all to you. I found the link you want, but the links in the pdf file don't work..

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
The first file is the only one that says anything about testing. The rest are about removing and reinstallation of various components.. Each section has it's own page numbers, so I can't find a page 26.. sorry. If you want the entire 415 section, pm me your email and I'll send them all to you. I found the link you want, but the links in the pdf file don't work..
I appreciate it, but after a couple of weeks, the screen and buttons started working again. I did a master reset, and was able to update via USB to 3.4.20282. Gonna see how it goes.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sounds good. If you decide you want the pdf files, let me know...

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced the factory fuel tank straps, with straps with studs, so that I can attach the fuel tank skids plate.

Does anyone know the bolt torque? The Fuel Tank section had invalid (0 byte) PDFs. Thanks :)
Try this from the manual:

1620671057872.png

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Hi Rob,

I do not know...Ford has used Helm as the official Shop/Service manuals for more than 40 years...that is why I spent the $186 as I knew I was getting the full Monty... I have a CD version for my old 2007 Ranger if anyone is interested...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retried
Phil- Coming to you because I feel you probably have the best chance of helping me. having seen some many of your helpful posts. Anyway I am trying to remove the bezel portion of the trim bezel which I see from a video pops out fairly easily as a complete piece - parts 6 and 10 still as one piece. I can't find anything on removing 10 from 6 or 9and 7 out of 3, etc. Sounds stupid maybe but my old eyes really have serious issues with the bright reflection off part 10 in any daytime westerly drives. Figured could get them wrapped or something with a flat finish. Thanks!

1620748146938.png

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil- Coming to you because I feel you probably have the best chance of helping me. having seen some many of your helpful posts. Anyway I am trying to remove the bezel portion of the trim bezel which I see from a video pops out fairly easily as a complete piece - parts 6 and 10 still as one piece. I can't find anything on removing 10 from 6 or 9and 7 out of 3, etc. Sounds stupid maybe but my old eyes really have serious issues with the bright reflection off part 10 in any daytime westerly drives. Figured could get them wrapped or something with a flat finish. Thanks!

1620748146938.png
Hi Rich,

I have personally not removed much of the trim in my Ranger so most of this is from watching videos and still pix. First is to invest in some trim removal tools. These are very cheap on Amazon and help with much of the trim removal without marring the trim surfaces. My understanding is that the vents either side of the center bezel pop out with minimal effort and should be removed first...probably not 7 as you are after the center bezel. Then using a trim tool start at the bottom of the center bezel and work both right and left and up to the top of the dash...Center bezel should pop off, which I think is the piece you wish to degloss.

What I would do if I needed to stop the shine is use blue tape on the center screen and take out the vents and use a commercial deglosser and see if that would be satisfactory to you. Trim attachment has undergone much change over the years and I have found that the less you have to remove, the better...JMO.

Okay a back story... Lee Iacocca was a tyrant. He had his opinions and everyone below him will have the same opinion or else. One of his analaties was interior trim. He hated exposed trim screws. In fact he had a underling whose job it was to identify exposed screw and publish a weekly report called the Exposed Screw Report. You did not want to be on this report as there was hell to pay and your life would become miserable We all shivered if we got wind of our parts being on the Exposed Screw Report as we knew we were screwed... This is why trim on Fords in the early 70s had little trim plugs and caps...no exposed screws. When HFII fired Lee in 1978, there was a collective sigh of relief as the Exposed Screw Report was toast....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Here are Shop Manuals for 2019 Ranger. What I have so far (attached ZIP file with many PDF's for each category). Will be adding more so check back...

100 - General
200 - Chassis
300 - Powertrain
400 - Electrical

500 - Interior/Exterior Body Panels
Legend

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rich,

I have personally not removed much of the trim in my Ranger so most of this is from watching videos and still pix. First is to invest in some trim removal tools. These are very cheap on Amazon and help with much of the trim removal without marring the trim surfaces. My understanding is that the vents either side of the center bezel pop out with minimal effort and should be removed first...probably not 7 as you are after the center bezel. Then using a trim tool start at the bottom of the center bezel and work both right and left and up to the top of the dash...Center bezel should pop off, which I think is the piece you wish to degloss.

What I would do if I needed to stop the shine is use blue tape on the center screen and take out the vents and use a commercial deglosser and see if that would be satisfactory to you. Trim attachment has undergone much change over the years and I have found that the less you have to remove, the better...JMO.

Okay a back story... Lee Iacocca was a tyrant. He had his opinions and everyone below him will have the same opinion or else. One of his analaties was interior trim. He hated exposed trim screws. In fact he had a underling whose job it was to identify exposed screw and publish a weekly report called the Exposed Screw Report. You did not want to be on this report as there was hell to pay and your life would become miserable We all shivered if we got wind of our parts being on the Exposed Screw Report as we knew we were screwed... This is why trim on Fords in the early 70s had little trim plugs and caps...no exposed screws. When HFII fired Lee in 1978, there was a collective sigh of relief as the Exposed Screw Report was toast....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Think

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking of going with a tint instead even though I had an offer to trade the chrome ones for flat? black ones from a XL. Going to the shop and see if the tint will block the sun sufficiently. Live in a small town in IL and always going west it seems and the sun hits hit right on the trim piece - my old, pre-macular eyes are super sensitive and this is a little thing but really annoying. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Dental lab tech
Here are Shop Manuals for 2019 Ranger. What I have so far (attached ZIP file with many PDF's for each category). Will be adding more so check back...

100 - General
200 - Chassis
300 - Powertrain
400 - Electrical

500 - Interior/Exterior Body Panels
New member ('19 Ranger Lariat 4X4) Can't read section 310-00 & 310-01. I had to drop my fuel tank to do some repairs and I don't think I installed the vent lines correctly. Anyway to see if these files can be made readable?

raptr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor 2.0
Hey,
does anyone have access to the Ranger Raptor (Powertrain 2.0L bi-turbo) service manuals?

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just printed the Front Camber and Caster Adjustment procedure to share with the service manager that told me it's impossible to adjust camber on these Rangers.
Thanks!

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Is there any schematics for the Rangers?
If you are referring to wiring schematics, I have the electrical wiring manual for the 2020 Ranger. What are you looking for??
Sponsored