Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
1. Yes, It really sucks to save fuel.

2. Take off the clown shoes.
Exactly. The solution is simple. Wear smaller shoes.

1614121095387.png
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It’s not a matter of technology as it’s been there for decades already. It all boils down to cost and returns. Seat skeleton costs them $280. Still has to be covered and wired. Typically 3 buttons of old were 1, 2, stop. Then additionally the power seat buttons. When it’s all said and done with today’s costs it’s a break even game.

I had a mountaineer that had 8 way, inflatable lumbar with memories and heated leather.

They could do it if they made $600 on it ?
Hopefully competition in midsize trucks will make all the manufacturers try harder--IMO they've all been delivering mediocre products because there's not been a better alternative.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Having had my new Ranger one week , 2 things that annoy me
1 shutting off the damn shut off switch every time i drive
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
Anyone else notice these? Thanks
As long as you don't "fully" depress the brake pedal, it won't shut off. Once you stop, just ease off the pedal a bit and it will keep running.

Ramage

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt
Occupation
Auto Parts Sales
I drive with both feet. Never have this problem.

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I don't really have a problem with the auto stop start I just hit the switch to turn it off. It's second nature now but took a while to remember to do it. The heater controls on the dash are a pain in the ass the buttons are too small and close together. I guess those two items are my biggest issue with the truck.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I have size 14 feet and have no trouble, are you trying to press the pedals with your heel? Lol.

My only real complaint is that the window controls are too far back on the doors armrest. I DO have long monkey arms but damn.. they could of been moved forward a touch.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have size 14 feet and have no trouble, are you trying to press the pedals with your heel? Lol.

My only real complaint is that the window controls are too far back on the doors armrest. I DO have long monkey arms but damn.. they could of been moved forward a touch.
Hi B,

I agree. When I take my Ranger through the Secondary Boarder Patrol check point, I roll down the windows in the rear too so the agents can see into the cab entirely. Saves being stopped for long. Usually the Doggie clears us before we approach the agent, but this ensures we are on the up and up...

I always fumble for the darn switches to get both front and rear down....Sigh!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I don't really have a problem with the auto stop start I just hit the switch to turn it off. It's second nature now but took a while to remember to do it. The heater controls on the dash are a pain in the ass the buttons are too small and close together. I guess those two items are my biggest issue with the truck.
Yes, definitely. The heater/A/C controls are way to low. I gotta unplug my phone and use the touchscreen.

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
I have the 2021. If you look in front of your battery there is a small horizontal plug. If you pull it apart it stops the auto stop feature. I was told that it also senses voltage drops if you leave something on, or you don't fully close your door and keeps the overhead lights on by accident. it will not sense it and turn off and will in turn kill your battery.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I have the 2021. If you look in front of your battery there is a small horizontal plug. If you pull it apart it stops the auto stop feature. I was told that it also senses voltage drops if you leave something on, or you don't fully close your door and keeps the overhead lights on by accident. it will not sense it and turn off and will in turn kill your battery.
Some people speculate that unplugging that will cause the battery to be continually charged. New batteries don't like that and it *may* effect battery life in time. YMMV

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
For me the biggest annoyance is not having heated outside mirrors. I have the XLT with the top 302 package. It is loaded with all kinds of things. But not heated mirrors ??‍♂

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
To all on this site, Do a search before stating repetitive subjects, many of us have included helpful info on many subjects. Do the search

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For me the biggest annoyance is not having heated outside mirrors. I have the XLT with the top 302 package. It is loaded with all kinds of things. But not heated mirrors ??‍♂
If you had done the research you would have known you have to buy the Lariat model for that feature

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
If you had done the research you would have known you have to buy the Lariat model for that feature

Thanks for chiming in. And I did research it. The Ranger brochure from Ford shows the XLT with heated mirrors as a package option with the power folding mirrors. And since mine has that, I figured heat was included

002E1758-49DE-4353-8722-8201F45BB210.jpeg
Sponsored