Noticed something new...

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I actually really hate to use the little shift buttons haha and with 10 gears to go through, I feel like it's cumbersome. But that's just me, I'm glad you've found good use for it!
Oh, I don't use it much, but when the driving situation in Sport mode calls for it I do use it to move up a gear instead of it hanging in the lower gear as you describe!
Sponsored

Gilstein21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hit the button a second time and you can start locking out gears. I’ve found locking out 10 and 9 to be great for my 45 mph avg commute

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Or the down shift button, doesn’t make any difference
Once the gears display, and you press the shift button down you can lock out gears. Works great on steep downhills. Never really need to touch the brakes.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to merge and had to hit the trottle hard and my truck tires chirps while changing gears, this was a rolling acceleration.

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Hit the button a second time and you can start locking out gears. I’ve found locking out 10 and 9 to be great for my 45 mph avg commute
If I lock out a gear how would I reset? Or does this occur with a shut down and restart of the engine?

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase

Gilstein21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It does reset with a shutdown as well, but as stated above the + button will make them available in real time.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
We have a sport mode?
Uh, this is kind of scary. Did your truck arrive in the mail or did you pick it up at a dealership? If in the mail I can completely understand not knowing the features but if you picked it up at a dealership you either had a salesperson that didn't do his/her job during delivery or you were so excited to drive off you didn't pay attention? I admit that I was pretty excited to just drive off so I can understand that scenario but if there was no delivery performed by a Ford employee your dealership needs to know...that is just bad.

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Uh, this is kind of scary. Did your truck arrive in the mail or did you pick it up at a dealership? If in the mail I can completely understand not knowing the features but if you picked it up at a dealership you either had a salesperson that didn't do his/her job during delivery or you were so excited to drive off you didn't pay attention? I admit that I was pretty excited to just drive off so I can understand that scenario but if there was no delivery performed by a Ford employee your dealership needs to know...that is just bad.
No I literally just didn't pay attention to it. It is a possibility my salesman didn't go over it. But I was also going through a culture shock, if you will...going from a FBO 400+WHP Lexus to a truck ya know :like:

Tarawadet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
On the XLT instrument display I noticed the gears 1-10 changing as I drove. They're vertical on the left side of the central digital display. Of note I stay in the fuel economy screen that has the 4 readouts avg speed, MPG, etc etc. I have not noticed this before and I was in Drive as opposed to Sport. (never used sport) Is this normal?
Yes normal but you have to have hit the shift tab on the heat selector. I.E. You can see what gear it’s in when you’re in D if you toggle that button

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
Ya, the Lariat gets that same display on the right display window. It's the only feature that makes that window actually useful. Now you get to watch your transmission continually skip over 2nd gear..unless you are on the gas hard or use S mode :)
A mechanic recently told me that that gears two and four are skipped in normal driving. It's only with more aggressive acceleration that the transmission uses all the gears.
Sponsored