First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I used the switch in town on my last two trucks, but the brake pedal control is so good in my Ranger, I haven't found the need yet. It's very easy to keep it running most of the time, and the few occasions I don't ind it stalling, that's easy too.

-Soften up brake pressure before stop and it doesn't stall. Most people do this naturally for more comfortable stops anyway. if you play with the pressure a few times, you'll find the sweet spot, your subconscious will incorporate it into your new normal.

-If it is stalled at a stop, lighten up slightly and it will start up, while you still have lots of brakes to hold you stopped.

Before long you'll find you have complete control, and won't even think about it anymore.

Drive-through speaker, or explaining to the officer why you were doing what ever you were doing, it's great having instant control to press a little harder and shut it down without reaching or fumbling.

YMMV, not saying don't do your mods, or they are wrong, just that it's very user friendly in the Ranger.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
It's few lines above..

Standard - "Mirrors - Manual-folding sideview with power glass"
mine are not manual folding, see below under power mirror package

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
To all on this site, Do a search before stating repetitive subjects, many of us have included helpful info on many subjects. Do the search
It's a futile request. I try to search, but I ALWAYS find something after the fact. Just let it go.

It's a forum, people will post what they want.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
For me it was:
1 No overheard compartment for sunglasses
2 No mirrors on the sun visors

I have an stx but c'mon man!
The visors are the overhead sunglasses compartment :)

No lens contact, and less wear on the arm hinges.

bXjJ4qv.jpg

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
i heard from a friend, that whenever that wire is pulled, a puppy dies somewhere.
I heard that the wire is also related to the tailgate damper's capabilities, and pulling it will reduce the life of it, thereby causing one to manually lower the tailgate, which could lead to muscle failure in the bicep and tricep area as well as long term physical therapy. You're playing with fire pulling that wire, just sayin.

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'm not a big ole computer guy but I have more success going over to google and searching for a ranger5g.com subject than using the site's own search engine!
Yeah, all forums I've been on (VWVortex, Rennlist, Bimmerpost, etc.) all have garbage search features.

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
I'm not a big ole computer guy but I have more success going over to google and searching for a ranger5g.com subject than using the site's own search engine!
Agree totally. I rarely find what I am looking for on any forums search engine, and if I do it's years old, thus too old to respond. Usually the links or photos are no longer working either.

That said. Why does it bother some when people ask a question that has been asked before. Geez, just look at the heading and move on. If you don't want to see the topic again, then don't look.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
In many cases you will find that the same ones fussing at folks for "not searching" are the same ones who endlessly talk about these massive suspension mods, in like 12 different threads simultaneously.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Thanks for chiming in. And I did research it. The Ranger brochure from Ford shows the XLT with heated mirrors as a package option with the power folding mirrors. And since mine has that, I figured heat was included

002E1758-49DE-4353-8722-8201F45BB210.jpeg
The 2021 Ford Ranger Order Guide shows only powerfold non-heated mirrors. Lariat is the only trim level with heated mirrors available, and they are standard. This has always been the case with the 5G Rangers. IMO, heated mirors should be standard across all models. The brochure must be incorrect.
There's thread or two on the Forum by people that have DIY heated mirrors on their XL & XLT's.

Attachments

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
I am taking my 2021 into the dealer fro a couple of adjustments:
  • Dealer sticker: When I was ordering my truck, I has specifically asked my salesperson to not put a dealer sticker on it when it arrived, but it had one on there. I was disappointed, and had decided to live with it rather than risk damage to the paint overheating it during removal. I gigged them for it on their Satisfaction Survey and got a call from the General Manager a few days later. I had already made an appointment for the other two issues below, and she said have the Service Writer call her when I bring it in, and she would see to it that it is made right. Good followup!
  • Sync 3: The manual "Bright-Dim" function is greyed out in settings, Always Day, Night & Auto are OK.
  • Debris in paint; Carbonized Grey: I didn't notice when I picked it up, but there is a small area of a black, grainy material of some sort on the lower right front of the box. The particles arevery tiny and in an area non subject to a lot of road spray. I came across it when I hand washed the truck and still didn't see it until I hand polished it and felt the applicator drag across the area. The GM said they will start a warranty claim for it with no prompting from me. This leads me to believe that at least my dealer, if not Ford, is having multiple claims for this,
  • Word to the wise: run your hand over the entire surface of your truck.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
2 things I noticed after 1st week:

1) It's not paid for.
2) I'm not married to Jennifer Anniston (The 1998 Jennifer Anniston not 2021 Jennifer Anniston...Even though they are pretty much the same..)

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I am taking my 2021 into the dealer fro a couple of adjustments:
  • Dealer sticker: When I was ordering my truck, I has specifically asked my salesperson to not put a dealer sticker on it when it arrived, but it had one on there. I was disappointed, and had decided to live with it rather than risk damage to the paint overheating it during removal. I gigged them for it on their Satisfaction Survey and got a call from the General Manager a few days later. I had already made an appointment for the other two issues below, and she said have the Service Writer call her when I bring it in, and she would see to it that it is made right. Good followup!
  • Sync 3: The manual "Bright-Dim" function is greyed out in settings, Always Day, Night & Auto are OK.
  • Debris in paint; Carbonized Grey: I didn't notice when I picked it up, but there is a small area of a black, grainy material of some sort on the lower right front of the box. The particles arevery tiny and in an area non subject to a lot of road spray. I came across it when I hand washed the truck and still didn't see it until I hand polished it and felt the applicator drag across the area. The GM said they will start a warranty claim for it with no prompting from me. This leads me to believe that at least my dealer, if not Ford, is having multiple claims for this,
  • Word to the wise: run your hand over the entire surface of your truck.
I guess it depends on the actual sticker, but mine was just a thin metal film with some gummy backin. I just let it soak in the sun for 15 minutes, lifted one edge with a finger nail and it pulled right off. YMMV.

For the paint, unless it's something that will buff out, I'm not sure I'd want it repainted, especially if it's not very noticeable.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
I guess it depends on the actual sticker, but mine was just a thin metal film with some gummy backin. I just let it soak in the sun for 15 minutes, lifted one edge with a finger nail and it pulled right off. YMMV.

For the paint, unless it's something that will buff out, I'm not sure I'd want it repainted, especially if it's not very noticeable.
Good point. I just went out to the garage to take a photo of it and could not get a picture of it, although I could feel it. Probably in the clearcoat. The original dark color of the particles may have been an affectation of the angle of direct sunlight when I first notcied it. I might just leave it alone, as I really can't see it at arm's length; call it a "birth mark?"
Sponsored