2 annoying things i noticed after 1st week with new Ranger

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Once you are at 0.5-0mph, relax your pressure on the brake pedal, but keeping enough on to stop & hold the truck. With a little practice, you'll be able to restart it while still on the brake pedal and finally, keep it running without shutting down. When you can consistently bring your truck to a complete stop and keep it running without hitting the off button, you will have achieved Smart-ASS status like me!

SWMBO won't drive our Escape because of the dead steering and she's afraid it won't restart. 2016-17 Escapes occasionally would do this requiring you to put it in park and manually restart it. Exciting when your'e halfway out in an intersection waiting for traffic to clear for your left turn. :crying: In-laws had a '17 and I guess there was a TSB or recall for this.
Had to look that one up! :crackup:
Sponsored

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Having had my new Ranger one week , 2 things that annoy me
1 shutting off the damn shut off switch every time i drive
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
Anyone else notice these? Thanks
This has been posted many times, get a small night light and plug into backseat plug no more engine shut down

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
I love my Ranger, my favorite vehicle ever, and I have had a lot of them. More fun even than my 66 GTO! I agree the start stop is very frustrating! I took care of that with “Start Stop Eliminator”. Also the FX4 suspension was to mushy, and front end dive stopping. Took care of that with Fox 2.0. My other BIG frustration is the tiny HVAC controls, depending on time of day, mostly can’t even see them. I know I could use voice to change temp, that brings me to another frustrastion, Ford voice recognition is terrible. On the other hand Siri understands me perfectly. I think the next generation will take care of most of our frustration. I think we can look to the Bronco for a lot of what we will see on the next generation. Looks like it will probably be 2022, when I get my Bronco?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I know I could use voice to change temp, that brings me to another frustrastion, Ford voice recognition is terrible.
The latest update has improved voice recognition, though a lot of people didn't actually get the voice module in the update package. You can dig through the sync update thread for details on how to work around that.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
For me it was:
1 No overheard compartment for sunglasses
2 No mirrors on the sun visors

I have an stx but c'mon man!
Exactly! The sunglass compartment really bothers me since I have to wear them and need a place to park my daily glasses.

I don't need the mirror since it would only crack when I look into it.

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I have the a.s.s. off with a tune. I wonder if I can get an update to the tune where I have the option of using it but it defaults off an I can turn it on while in a drive through or at a train crossing.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have the a.s.s. off with a tune. I wonder if I can get an update to the tune where I have the option of using it but it defaults off an I can turn it on while in a drive through or at a train crossing.
IIRC it's either on or off with the tune. I forgot to tell Livernois to disable mine but I've been using the LED nightlight since I bought my Ranger and don't even think about it anymore.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It should be possible in theory--sport mode defaults to off, but you can push the button to turn it on.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
The latest update has improved voice recognition, though a lot of people didn't actually get the voice module in the update package. You can dig through the sync update thread for details on how to work around that.
Thanks!

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Yes ! it wasnt just me. I posted about the foot vent obstruction a long time ago..... I took a dremmel and some snips to it, took about an inch off, problem fixed. Ive also got into the habit of hitting the off button on the auto stop.. After awhile its like a seatbelt.... you just do it.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes ! it wasnt just me. I posted about the foot vent obstruction a long time ago..... I took a dremmel and some snips to it, took about an inch off, problem fixed. Ive also got into the habit of hitting the off button on the auto stop.. After awhile its like a seatbelt.... you just do it.
Hi Jake,

Okay, a back story. When I was a young engineer in Light Truck Engineering, our Chief Engineer was a fellow, Henry Potozack. He was a Hulk. Size 18 foot. We had a template of his foot and if it did not work on the pedals, we had to redesign to fit his foot. Still sometime it failed as the shoe of the day was Wingtip and this shoe had a super wide stitched bottom to top of the shoe. We called him potato sack. But there was no issue with pedal package.... Rip Henry...

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Welcome to the club! I have had my Ranger for 7 days!! The A S.S. is a pain in the A.S.S. don't like it. Looking forward to many mods and years with this truck.

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Put a night light in the rear seat plug to eliminate the auto engine shut off, smaller feet. A lot can be learned on this site by the search feature

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I can help you solve your first problem. Just plug in a LED night light into the 110v and no more ASS.

Can't help with the second as I've never had an issue with this. I guess having a small size 8 shoe comes in handy sometimes. ?

Night Light.jpg
I can help you solve your first problem. Just plug in a LED night light into the 110v and no more ASS.

Can't help with the second as I've never had an issue with this. I guess having a small size 8 shoe comes in handy sometimes. ?

Night Light.jpg
Dave,
This is the closest light I could find that resembles the description in your picture. Maybe it is a later version. Want to make sure it is the right one before I get it.
Thanks.
Amazon.com: Ge Jasco 30965 0.5 Watt White Automatic Led Night Lights: Electronics
Sponsored