Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
On the XLT instrument display I noticed the gears 1-10 changing as I drove. They're vertical on the left side of the central digital display. Of note I stay in the fuel economy screen that has the 4 readouts avg speed, MPG, etc etc. I have not noticed this before and I was in Drive as opposed to Sport. (never used sport) Is this normal?
Sponsored

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
They are not normally on, but can be turned on by pressing the upshift button on your shifter. I personally would like them to be the default.
Or the down shift button, doesn’t make any difference

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
We have a sport mode?
I use S mode exclusively...it also automatically cancels auto start/stop...try it you'll never go back to D:like:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I use S mode exclusively...it also automatically cancels auto start/stop...try it you'll never go back to D:like:
Me Too...

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
My only gripe is that it hangs the revs too much. I love the throttle response but I don't need it to be hanging on to the gears so much.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
My only gripe is that it hangs the revs too much. I love the throttle response but I don't need it to be hanging on to the gears so much.
Which would be the time to use the shift button!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's a four cylinder...my other 4s with manual are usually kept between 3-4 for optimum power...I'm constantly amazed at how effortlessly this truck just leaves everyone at the stop light without trying:giggle:

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Which would be the time to use the shift button!
I actually really hate to use the little shift buttons haha and with 10 gears to go through, I feel like it's cumbersome. But that's just me, I'm glad you've found good use for it!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Who are you racing? Grandpas in 1980s buicks?

I've mashed my pedal so hard into the floor I thought I could see the pavement thru the hole. Only to realise I'm being embarassed by a soccer mom in an SUV.
The rangers not a slouch, but in no way is it blowing the doors off everything.
LOL...something is not right with your Ranger...mine is very swift off the line in S mode...just 1/2" of pedal and she scoots ahead of everyone at the line...and I'm running on 285, nearly 33" tires:like:

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Ya, I tried out the S mode and know exactly what you mean. You hit the upshift button annnnnnnnnnnndddddd it shifts. It did shift a little more enthusiastically if I was on the gas hard but I wouldn't say the shift were snappy.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
On the XLT instrument display I noticed the gears 1-10 changing as I drove. They're vertical on the left side of the central digital display. Of note I stay in the fuel economy screen that has the 4 readouts avg speed, MPG, etc etc. I have not noticed this before and I was in Drive as opposed to Sport. (never used sport) Is this normal?
Ya, the Lariat gets that same display on the right display window. It's the only feature that makes that window actually useful. Now you get to watch your transmission continually skip over 2nd gear..unless you are on the gas hard or use S mode :)
Sponsored