Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 4K on the SC already and I can tell you this.....it does not need a tune.

From a standing stop, a stock Ranger will blow my SC away every time I'm sure.....

Now on the highway.....over 60+......your going to have to have a tune in her to out run the SC.....

The 2.5L Turbo engine Kia/Hyundai designed will move that vehicle down the road very well.....

Just being honest.....remember, I've been driving a tuned Ranger for many miles....I know my truck!

BTW....all you haters out there can kiss my arse....I love my Ranger, it's just time to say goodbye.
If anyone would like to take her off my hands.....I'll take $25K cash.

For what I paid for my 2019 Lariat with all the options you can't get now.....a new Ranger is NOT a good deal to ME....

Probably going to trade her in for a Kia Sportage X-Pro...lol...Now that ought to piss some folks off in here...lol.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Post up some pics of your SC.

One thing I found really cool when I was looking at them was the tach or speedo turned into a side/rear monitor when the turn signal was used.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I can assure you that is not helping value.
10-4. you recoup about 5¢ on the dollar for add-ons. If you're selling it yourself, you may sell it faster than one without the swag, but not for appreciably more money.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You'll get more value if you bring your Ranger back to stock and sell the mods (if possible) seperately.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Mods don't raise a vehicle's value if that's what you're thinking.
Not always true, just have to find the right buyer privately.

Of course this goes a bit beyond bolt-ons and into the one-off fabrication type categories.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not always true, just have to find the right buyer privately.
True. But judging by his post that's not what he's thinking.

Also, weird stuff like a flat black hood wrap to hide your hail damage is gonna be pretty hard to find the "right" person for.

Just sayin'.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
True. But judging by his post that's not what he's thinking.

Also, weird stuff like a flat black hood wrap to hide your hail damage is gonna be pretty hard to find the "right" person for.

Just sayin'.
I edited my original response to clarify. lol

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
:oops: Can you believe....I am actually thinking about selling my baby.....

I have developed a very bad taste in my mouth for Ford with the new marketing system. Since she is at 103K+ now I'm thinking I want to hit the reset button on something else. I'm liking the Santa Cruz so much that the luster has warn off the Ranger....lol. I don't tow anything anymore and if I ever need to tote something home from Lowe's it should fit in the small bed of the SC........I think I can still get $25K-$26K for the Ranger with the mods and the fact that she still runs purrrfect! Not sure what to replace her with.....
So we will see what happens over the next few months.....stay tuned.
Have you looked at Mavericks

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Have you looked at Mavericks
Pretty sure he already bought the Hyundai Santa Cruz.

I've got 4K on the SC already and I can tell you this.....it does not need a tune.

From a standing stop, a stock Ranger will blow my SC away every time I'm sure.....

Now on the highway.....over 60+......your going to have to have a tune in her to out run the SC.....

The 2.5L Turbo engine Kia/Hyundai designed will move that vehicle down the road very well.....

Just being honest.....remember, I've been driving a tuned Ranger for many miles....I know my truck!

BTW....all you haters out there can kiss my arse....I love my Ranger, it's just time to say goodbye.
If anyone would like to take her off my hands.....I'll take $25K cash.

For what I paid for my 2019 Lariat with all the options you can't get now.....a new Ranger is NOT a good deal to ME....

Probably going to trade her in for a Kia Sportage X-Pro...lol...Now that ought to piss some folks off in here...lol.
Forgot to ask you: Did you get what you were hoping for in your Ranger for trade?

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
As happens often with me, after thinking the vehicle situation over very carefully I have decided to keep the Ranger for now. I had a few things happen that did influence my decision.....first one is starting over with a new vehicle registration here in Colorado. Where I come from in Texas I think it's $90 to register a vehicle, here it depends on how much you paid for the vehicle. I'm getting ready to pay the registration on my new Santa Cruz this month. I'm not sure yet but it's most likely going to be around $750! The Ranger was $650 the first year and now it's down to $215. So if I buy another new vehicle I'll have to pony up another chunk of change in the near future and that is no bueno....
Second, I got caught in a hailstorm for just a minute last weekend and ended up with a few (3) soft dents in the roof. It's not a problem because I need to have a couple of door dings removed and this makes it worth my while now. Third, I found a scrape across the front trim piece that is right below the 20" opening in the bottom of our grill/front end. It has the 2 proximity sensors in it.....anyway, I'm going to need to pull and repaint that piece also.

The other big reason I want to hang on to the Ranger is what I paid for her vs the current pricing for mid-sized trucks. We are also looking to buy a teardrop camper which would make towing easier with the Ranger than the SC.

All this being said, my Ranger still runs very well and I can't see paying more for the same thing right now.....at least for the time being.....

So all you folks that thought I was leaving you can cancel the party....I'm still here......lol :wink:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Update:
As happens often with me, after thinking the vehicle situation over very carefully I have decided to keep the Ranger for now. I had a few things happen that did influence my decision.....first one is starting over with a new vehicle registration here in Colorado. Where I come from in Texas I think it's $90 to register a vehicle, here it depends on how much you paid for the vehicle. I'm getting ready to pay the registration on my new Santa Cruz this month. I'm not sure yet but it's most likely going to be around $750! The Ranger was $650 the first year and now it's down to $215. So if I buy another new vehicle I'll have to pony up another chunk of change in the near future and that is no bueno....

So all you folks that thought I was leaving you can cancel the party....I'm still here......lol :wink:
Now you went and messed up a great party we all had planned! o_O😆

Boo This Man.gif

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Now you went and messed up a great party we all had planned! o_O😆

Boo This Man.gif
You could always just change the name of the party and have it anyway.
Never a bad excuse for a party!
Sponsored