RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Are you using @TORQUERULES shift strategy?
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/honest-unleashed-tuning-review.11182/page-14#post-570816

Doubtful, because again, I cruise at 2k rpms at 60mph in 8th in D on Erated 33"s.

Since youre already tuned with Torrie you should just tell him where you want it to be and he'll do it.

Change gearing if you want. I'm simply telling you an easy way to accomplish the same goal.

I hear decaf is good.
Again, not looking for that. Thanks. And I don't drink coffee. That's for that too. Again, trying to verify if gear swaps are possible regardless of my or anyone else's reasons.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Again, not looking for that. Thanks. And I don't drink coffee. That's for that too.
See how easy that is?

Perhaps a Xanax or a Valium then.

I've never seen somebody get so uptight over a person offering "the wrong kind of help."

Fuck dude, it's not that big of a deal.

Enjoy blazing the trail on this on. Perhaps if I ever venture bigger than 33" I'll reap the benefits of your hard work.

Meanwhile I'll be driving my truck at the right RPM without manually shifting whilst watching your progress.

Good luck.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
See how easy that is?

Perhaps a Xanax or a Valium then.

I've never seen somebody get so uptight over a person offering "the wrong kind of help."

Fuck dude, it's not that big of a deal.

Enjoy blazing the trail on this on. Perhaps if I ever venture bigger than 33" I'll reap the benefits of your hard work.

Meanwhile I'll be driving my truck at the right RPM without manually shifting whilst watching your progress.

Good luck.
Nope. Just replied to you. Take it as you want. I wasn't asking for a different solution. Trying to see if a gear swap is possible is the purpose of the thread. And if you or anyone else benefits that's also why I made the thread. I don't mind trailblazing as I have before.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
i ran into the same. spicer and dana have fancy pages full of stuff for bronco and jeep but the ranger has very little despite sharing many of the same parts.
Yeah, no one has verified anything as of yet. So, hopefully this thread can do that and I'll post in my build thread whether it ends up working or not.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Waiting on some potentially great news...

evoaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9.5” Redwing
interested and watching, for future wheeling. Agreed, it is harder to find info on the ranger.

ranger 2020

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020ranger 22 Ecosport 21 Honda PCX
Occupation
retired
One suggestion. Look up the part numbers for Ranger & Bronco parts. If same number, same part. i'm talking OEM part numbers.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
One suggestion. Look up the part numbers for Ranger & Bronco parts. If same number, same part. i'm talking OEM part numbers.
You can't compare since Rangers only come with 3.73. There are no same numbers otherwise. That doesn't confirm whether the higher bronco gears fit or not.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im fairly certain the gears will fit the ranger rear but not the front. the ranger front diff is smaller than the broncos.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
You can't compare since Rangers only come with 3.73. There are no same numbers otherwise. That doesn't confirm whether the higher bronco gears fit or not.
Are the gears and diff carriers specified for the same differentials in the Ranger? Then there is a chance. Just have to make sure about the axle spline. If you miss that then who can say

Last edited:
OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Are the gears and diff carriers specified for the s differentials in the Ranger? Then there is a chance. Just have to make sure about the axle spline. If you miss that then who can say
There's literally nothing listed for Rangers. However, like I said I have some promising news in waiting confirmation on. Thinking outside the box and asking the right questions. I may have found a solution.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
There's literally nothing listed for Rangers. However, like I said I have some promising news in waiting confirmation on. Thinking outside the box and asking the right questions. I may have found a solution.
You misunderstood. The Ranger has the M220 in the rear and I think the M190 up front. If not mistaken the Bronco has that as well. Get where I'm going?

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Yes, I already know what the front and rear sizes are. Aside from the rear, which 98% positive should be compatible, there's no verification for the front. You know how sometimes a certain size ring and pinion won't fit certain housings even though they're the same "size"? We also already know that the Bronco mounting is different. It's not a direct swap. As I said, I'm waiting on word for an idea I have. People are looking to the M210 up front but that requires custom axles. I'm looking to stay with the M190 and retain all factory mounts, axles, etc. If my idea pans out it will be a pretty lower cost way to get a gear swap done up to 4.46 and stay with the M190. The rear has 2 ways to go. HD you have ELD you can do a traditional gear swap. If you have an open you'll have to swap the differential in order to change gears since those are welded.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
There is a guy local to me who has done the Dana FDU upgrade to the M210. He's taken a lot of measurements for me to try and do an OE M210 swap but nothing lines up. That tube you think can be replaced is 1" shorter than the M190 version, so it won't line up. I really wish the M190 would have a gear upgrade, but it looks like we are stuck with what we have. He's in the M210 upgrade almost $10,000, which I can't justify in any way.
Sponsored