Decision between Gibson and MBRP Dual Rear Exhaust Kits?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I'm debating over which Black Dual Rear Exhaust system to buy, Gibson or MBRP? Right now, I have the AFE Rebel Series 3" Muffler Delete Dual Middle-Side Exhaust System with Black Tips and I lioved it at first, but it's starting to get too loud for my tastes...

I watched the install video of the MBRP and it's almost too quiet for my tastes, but it's also the cheaper of the 2 @ $566.99, but has an aluminum system.

I cannot find any reviews or videos of the Gibson kit though, just the price, $ $766.29, it's has 4" tips and is stainless steel. The other day, this system was almost $1100, but today it says this is the Halloween sale?

I just want to know if the Gibson sounds more aggressive than the MBRP?

I think my mind's made up on which one I want, I would just like some feedback from those who know anything about the Gibson stuff?

Unsure how much "performance" I would gain/loose by adding a muffler and length to the exhaust system?
Sponsored

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
I'm not familiar with the Gibson system but I did put the MBRP on my Ranger and love it. It does not have an aggressive note but it does sound a lot better than the stock system. I got the aluminum for the price and I live in Florida and not near the coast so didn't feel the need for SS however MBRP does make a SS system as well.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not familiar with the Gibson system but I did put the MBRP on my Ranger and love it. It does not have an aggressive note but it does sound a lot better than the stock system. I got the aluminum for the price and I live in Florida and not near the coast so didn't feel the need for SS however MBRP does make a SS system as well.
Well, the Gibson exhaust is way cheaper tonight, than it was Thursday. It's $766 now, but the other day it was damn near $1200!

The MBRP system is almost $600, so right now, $166 isn't that much more than the Gibson.

The only SS MBRP system I could find has Polished tips for $702

Black tips are a must for my build!

EDIT: I was going to buy myself this for Xmas, but my Affirm limit is maxed out, LOL! I'll get it, in about 6 months :)

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Well, the Gibson exhaust is way cheaper tonight, than it was Thursday. It's $766 now, but the other day it was damn near $1200!

The MBRP system is almost $600, so right now, $166 isn't that much more than the Gibson.

The only SS MBRP system I could find has Polished tips for $702

Black tips are a must for my build!

EDIT: I was going to buy myself this for Xmas, but my Affirm limit is maxed out, LOL! I'll get it, in about 6 months :)
Affirm? You mean that shit on Amazon where you pay 30% interest on anything over 3-12 months? I've been seeing that on every page (make payments of $9 a month on your toilet paper). Dude come on...

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Affirm? You mean that shit on Amazon where you pay 30% interest on anything over 3-12 months? I've been seeing that on every page (make payments of $9 a month on your toilet paper). Dude come on...
Hate much? I got somethings from them last month and don't have any kind of rate like that... 6 months, it'll be paid for and I will only have to pay like $50 more than it cost...

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate much? I got somethings from them last month and don't have any kind of rate like that... 6 months, it'll be paid for and I will only have to pay like $50 more than it cost...
It ain't hate I just see stuff like that and it looks like trouble to me. If you want to go into debt and make interest payments over truck mods that's your business.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
It ain't hate I just see stuff like that and it looks like trouble to me. If you want to go into debt and make interest payments over truck mods that's your business.
As long as you pay it back, how is it going into debt? 6 months, it's paid off and helps your credit score, which is always a plus. And I've paid cash for every mod I've done on my truck since I've owned it, a year ago already. This is one of the reasons why I've avoided this forum lately..

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
The Borla SS system with black tips is simply amazing.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
The Borla SS system with black tips is simply amazing.
I didn't know there was a Borla setup?

EDIT: There isn't a rear dual exhaust from Borla, only a dual side kit...

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yep it’s on Amazon. I love the sound and the slight burbling when coming off throttle.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as you pay it back, how is it going into debt? 6 months, it's paid off and helps your credit score, which is always a plus. And I've paid cash for every mod I've done on my truck since I've owned it, a year ago already. This is one of the reasons why I've avoided this forum lately..
You just said you paid $50 over cost with Affirm. And hey you brought it up.