Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
I'd just be interested in 4.10.

With the tires I'm running (255/80/17 narrowest and lightest 33s) and what I'm doing, it makes the most sense.
Sponsored

spicydaddy

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Breakbulk and RO/RO port management
Vehicle Showcase
This is interesting. Especially after having the conversation of regearing earlier this week.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Sort of on the same scenario...

I've been researching the idea of replacing the third member (rear in this case) with a Torsen unit. None that I could find had the same ratio as stock (3.73). Another possible stumbling block is the rear end bolt pattern. Two different companies told me the "old" Ford 8.8 inch standard is different than the Ranger one. That seems odd to me, but I don't have an easy way to prove or disprove the issue.

You can easily buy the locking diff which goes with the FX2 and FX4 packages, but the only way to control one, would be manual. I guess that would suffice, but the Torsen idea doesn't require driver input.

Reactions: Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

I've been researching the idea of replacing the third member (rear in this case) with a Torsen unit. None that I could find had the same ratio as stock (3.73). Another possible stumbling block is the rear end bolt pattern. Two different companies told me the "old" Ford 8.8 inch standard is different than the Ranger one. That seems odd to me, but I don't have an easy way to prove or disprove the issue.

You can easily buy the locking diff which goes with the FX2 and FX4 packages, but the only way to control one, would be manual. I guess that would suffice, but the Torsen idea doesn't require driver input.
Actually from the looks of things if you get a whole rear axle assembly with the locker from a wrecked truck and add the locker switch then you might be in good shape as the IPC has an enable button with ForScan. Still got to spend money but that is an option i am considering that way I dont have an air line goint there.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

The stock ratio is 3.73 ?
Regards
Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank You..

Regards
Your welcome. Also to add i have noticed with the 10 speed it is very nice for offroad. I have 265/70-17's and if I put it in 4Lo and 1st I can crawl down hil and wont go over 5 MPH as long as I dont hit the throttle so I think our final drive is ok.

Reactions: Doc

RRRANGERXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RACE RED RANGER XLT, 2021 TESLA MODEL Y
Yes mine has the fx4 package. That’s how I know the Jeep gears work. Sorry I didn’t see where he said that his was not a locker. Hand a good weekend. .

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes mine has the fx4 package. That’s how I know the Jeep gears work. Sorry I didn’t see where he said that his was not a locker. Hand a good weekend. .
The only problem I see is if there aren't any gears available for the front axle. I'm not sure yet if we share the front end with another manufacturer and I dont believe i have seen anything from Australia yet either.
Sponsored