Front and rear gears

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I found the ford racing gears listed for the ELD bronco for the rear and ordered the front open diff part from the dana site through jegs. Installation kits listed above.
do you have a link to the front gears on Jegs? I’m not having any luck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I'm not sure I'm tracking... you need the Spicer kit (the gears) and the install kit? Or the spicer, install, and master kits?
I listed the install kits above. You only need the gears under the dana part numbers. Unless you want to pay more for their install kits.

tccoastguard

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I listed the install kits above. You only need the gears under the dana part numbers. Unless you want to pay more for their install kits.
You listed one install kit that is listed as a "master kit" on the dana site and another that, per part number, doesn't correspond with anything I can track back to. Hence the confusion.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
You listed one install kit that is listed as a "master kit" on the dana site and another that, per part number, doesn't correspond with anything I can track back to. Hence the confusion.
Look again. I listed links for both install kits. The pictures you only looked at would be the part numbers for the gears to look for.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
is this the carrier and the gears? I’m a pictures guy, and I’m not seeing anything but generic photos.
That's the only front your going to find and it's the welded ring gear version. I don't see a bolt on version anymore. So, yes it comes with the diff.
20240223_122302.jpg

tccoastguard

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Alright, well I can't make it out; you posted a whole bunch of part numbers and links that don't correspond to the dana site... and I'm not going to keep asking you to explain. I'll wait for someone else to replicate what you did and write up a more comprehensive guide.

In all sincerity, it's very cool that you figured this out. Once others can replicate, it'll fill a need a lot of people have been asking for a solution to. Nice work.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Thanks for the research @RCMUSTANG This is one thing I’m looking forward to this year. Glad to know it’s possible.
I've been wanting this since I put the bigger tires on 4 years ago. Lol

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
I’m getting shut down from every shop saying it’s not possible. From the front is welded and unable to be changed, to no gears available for this unit. I’ll keep trying the shops around me.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I’m getting shut down from every shop saying it’s not possible. From the front is welded and unable to be changed, to no gears available for this unit. I’ll keep trying the shops around me.
They obviously don't know what they're doing. I read it was welded up front as well and ordered a welded unit. As in my picture it was bolt on. Either way it looks like the welded unit is the only one available to purchase. So you swap the whole thing and that's how it's done. The part numbers are a I posted. You'll have to order them yourself and get someone to do the labor. Rears if you have the ELD Ford racing M-4209-446. Dana 10150418 if it's open. Front is Dana 10130628. And the 2 install kits I linked.
Sponsored

Last edited: