Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I took my 2019 Ranger in because it was starting to miss fire. They told me about the TSB after I had brought it in to be inspected (they were unaware, as well; The Ford Store Morgan Hill). Apparently, this voided both my power train warranty (still good in miles and time) and my extended warranty! I'm in the process of a buy back because I am unable to afford all the repairs.

IMG_1164(1).JPG
Help me out Walter - I’m not sure what I’m looking at or what warranty request was denied. ???
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Oh well, got my cover today.

Nice foam piece, very nice looking.

Unfortunately I followed one of the links posted on this (or maybe another thread) and got the wrong cover, so it is going back to Tasca parts (hopefully, if shipping and restocking costs don't make it uneconomic).

Might have missed my chance to dress the new girl up. :(

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Glad I got mine before they became obsolete!......My 2021 Tremor is looking better and better every day what with all the things getting deleted lately.....LED headlights, hood dampener......and I love my added folding rear headrests (My mod after hearing it was available in earlier Rangers but not in 2021 so I had to have it!)

Mine's probably going to be the holy grail......$1,000,000....I know what I got!! :crackup::crackup::crazy::champagne:

20220305_085331_resized.jpg
20220305_085449_resized.jpg
20220408_114945.jpg

20220305_085700_resized.jpg

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
Glad I got mine before they became obsolete!......My 2021 Tremor is looking better and better every day what with all the things getting deleted lately.....LED headlights, hood dampener......and I love my added folding rear headrests (My mod after hearing it was available in earlier Rangers but not in 2021 so I had to have it!)

Mine's probably going to be the holy grail......$1,000,000....I know what I got!! :crackup::crackup::crazy::champagne:

20220305_085331_resized.jpg
20220305_085449_resized.jpg
20220408_114945.jpg

20220305_085700_resized.jpg
Nice rig. I have same year tremor and same color. What did you need to make the headrests work? Was it just buy and insert or is there more work needed. Sorry to hijack thread.

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
SSM 51051
I think that SSM was for the Bronco dipstick.

Either they are (a) coming out with a new engine cover or (b) they are simply not selling it anymore and holding any stock for TSB issues, ie. if you have a water on plugs issue they would have engine cover stock on hand. Which if the latter is the case...shame on Ford as thats pretty weak IMO. If you have a known TSB that water can cause this issue and the only time a cover is installed is after the fact, is pretty lame.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I think that SSM was for the Bronco dipstick.

Either they are (a) coming out with a new engine cover or (b) they are simply not selling it anymore and holding any stock for TSB issues, ie. if you have a water on plugs issue they would have engine cover stock on hand. Which if the latter is the case...shame on Ford as thats pretty weak IMO. If you have a known TSB that water can cause this issue and the only time a cover is installed is after the fact, is pretty lame.
could be both. not necessarily an either/or scenario

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I took my 2019 Ranger in because it was starting to miss fire. They told me about the TSB after I had brought it in to be inspected (they were unaware, as well; The Ford Store Morgan Hill). Apparently, this voided both my power train warranty (still good in miles and time) and my extended warranty! I'm in the process of a buy back because I am unable to afford all the repairs.

IMG_1164(1).JPG
The other part of this that makes absolutely ZERO sense is that the whole POINT of the TSB is to address this exact issue - as it comes up!

This dealership is playing you HARD. The TSB is literally there to address water/condensation getting onto the plugs and from what I know, Ford doesnt perform any TSB unless the problem is present. I.e. if you didnt have water on the plugs when you took it in, they wouldnt give you an engine cover.

This is 100% on ford, and they've admitted it. Unless we're missing a big chunk of the story, this is exactly WHY the TSB exists. Go to another dealer. This is a ford issue.

Walter Alvarez

First Name
Walter Alvarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Help me out Walter - I’m not sure what I’m looking at or what warranty request was denied. ???
The other part of this that makes absolutely ZERO sense is that the whole POINT of the TSB is to address this exact issue - as it comes up!

This dealership is playing you HARD. The TSB is literally there to address water/condensation getting onto the plugs and from what I know, Ford doesnt perform any TSB unless the problem is present. I.e. if you didnt have water on the plugs when you took it in, they wouldnt give you an engine cover.

This is 100% on ford, and they've admitted it. Unless we're missing a big chunk of the story, this is exactly WHY the TSB exists. Go to another dealer. This is a ford issue.
Apparently, when you make a claim that involves "casual part: 21022A68"(the cover) in regards to TSB 21-2147 (bulletin telling you to install the cover) all power train warranties and extended warranties are voided for any damage done because it wasn't install?!?! They offered to pay 60% of the damages, not the full 100% minus deductible

Walter Alvarez

First Name
Walter Alvarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Apparently, when you make a claim that involves "casual part: 21022A68"(the cover) in regards to TSB 21-2147 (bulletin telling you to install the cover) all power train warranties and extended warranties are voided for any damage done because it wasn't install?!?! They offered to pay 60% of the damages, not the full 100% minus deductible
I'm not sure what I can do to convince folks that this is real. However, it feels very good to know that no one can believe it's true! I feel vindicated, some

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I'm not sure what I can do to convince folks that this is real. However, it feels very good to know that no one can believe it's true! I feel vindicated, some
You should just post all the dealer information and contact people. That way we can all call them and give them our piece of mind. After the 50th call they might just say, fix this guys truck and get it outta here so this abuse ends!!!!

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
You can't. It has become quite evident that any one having a problem with a ranger is a troll. We have both been told so in various threads. This website is for fanboys only! Everytime someone had a legitimate complaint they are called trolls on here!

Walter Alvarez

First Name
Walter Alvarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You can't. It has become quite evident that any one having a problem with a ranger is a troll. We have both been told so in various threads. This website is for fanboys only! Everytime someone had a legitimate complaint they are called trolls on here!
Joe! You nailed it! I'm not hating on Ford or the Ranger. I'm hating on the warranties. Some folks are super sensitive to criticism

Walter Alvarez

First Name
Walter Alvarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You should just post all the dealer information and contact people. That way we can all call them and give them our piece of mind. After the 50th call they might just say, fix this guys truck and get it outta here so this abuse ends!!!!
The Ford Store Morgan Hill
Armondo is my service advisor (a good man in a tough place)
408 782-8208 his direct work line
He can tell you the whole saga; from the source.
Mention my name: Walter Alvarez and TSB 21-2147 he'll know what you're asking about
I really appreciate it!!!
Sponsored