First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
I have a 2023 Tremor and am slowly filling in the pieces that Ford deleted. The engine cover is an interesting item. You will find many Ford parts sites on line that offer it for under $180. On every site I tried, I filled in all my info, selected shipping and then when I clicked it came up as "problem with order." I even tried it with Levittown Ford, a sponsor of this site -- same thing! After making sure I typed all my info correct, I finally called one of the sites. They pulled up the number and said they couldn't sell it for under $300 despite the fact that they advertised it for $174.95. So, off to eBay where I got burned for 239.99 plus tax, making it $260.09. At least shipping was free. Oh well, now I can't wait for it to arrive!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274261585030
Sponsored

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I have a 2023 Tremor and am slowly filling in the pieces that Ford deleted. The engine cover is an interesting item. You will find many Ford parts sites on line that offer it for under $180. One every site I tried, I filled in all my info, selected shipping and then when I clicked it came up as "problem with order." After making sure I typed all my info correct, I finally called one of the sites. They pulled up the number and said they couldn't sell it for under $300 despite the fact that they advertised it for $174.95. So, off to eBay where I got burned for 239.99 plus tax, making it $260.09. At least shipping was free. Oh well, now I can't wait for it to arrive!

No price too high to create a comfortable mouse habitat. =p

Since you're getting deleted items, I list some on my build page. And obscure things like hood bumpers and hood side weather stripping too.

Then hood struts, bed tie-downs, center console organizer, body plugs, ... =D

Before

1679423474246.png

After
1679423499897.png

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Nicely Done!

OP
OP

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
I'm going to warn you - once you have it in your hands it feels like it's worth $40 because it used to be.
Oh yeah, I'm sure it'll feel like a cheap piece of plastic, which it is. But somehow, the engine looks incomplete without it.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Consider this one from JCR. I have their 2.7L version on my Bronco. It is very well made, heavy metal, uses mount holes already on the engine, comes in black. They have sales around various holidays too. (photo is the 2.7 on my Bronco.)
JcrOffroad: Ranger Engine Cover | 4th Gen (19+)
EngineCover2.jpg

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
It is really foam? It looked like molded plastic to me. Perhaps some foam under it for sound deadening?
It is a version of foam. I like it, but, if I did not already have it...I would get the JCR for my Ranger too.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2023 Tremor and am slowly filling in the pieces that Ford deleted. The engine cover is an interesting item. You will find many Ford parts sites on line that offer it for under $180. One every site I tried, I filled in all my info, selected shipping and then when I clicked it came up as "problem with order." I even tried it with Levittown Ford, a sponsor of this site -- same thing! After making sure I typed all my info correct, I finally called one of the sites. They pulled up the number and said they couldn't sell it for under $300 despite the fact that they advertised it for $174.95. So, off to eBay where I got burned for 239.99 plus tax, making it $260.09. At least shipping was free. Oh well, now I can't wait for it to arrive!

OH BOY, just waiting for MY 19 POSTER BOI @AzScorpion to tell us all about his still having its Appendix & Tonsils :^)

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Consider this one from JCR. I have their 2.7L version on my Bronco. It is very well made, heavy metal, uses mount holes already on the engine, comes in black. They have sales around various holidays too. (photo is the 2.7 on my Bronco.)
JcrOffroad: Ranger Engine Cover | 4th Gen (19+)
EngineCover2.jpg
I have the JCR cover on my Ranger, with a slight modification I did, to clear my BOV. Pics are in my build thread below.

I had the OEM foam one, when it was less than $100 shipped, but when it soared to $250+, I said screw it and looked for different options :)

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
That is one item that I am not even going to worry about for my new Tremor. Initially I was going to. But when the price went stupid I bailed.

When I open the hood I'll just focus on the struts I added.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
No price too high to create a comfortable mouse habitat. =p

Since you're getting deleted items, I list some on my build page. And obscure things like hood bumpers and hood side weather stripping too.

Then hood struts, bed tie-downs, center console organizer, body plugs, ... =D

Before
1679423474246.png

After
1679423499897.png
I'm thinking when you first got it the ride was a bit rough with a lot of wind noise.
Sponsored