F150 lightning price increase

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
I'm not buying the lithium shortage one bit. That has been on going for awhile and prices have been steadily increasing but not so much to warrant a drastic shift in pricing. What is odd is that the price increase is just over 15%. Why does that 15% number ring a bell.

What does change is that starting in 2024 the batteries must come from free trade partners other than China, and at least 40% of the battery components be american manufacturing sourced by 2029. That will lead to future price increases, but none of this drastically effects the 2023 production year.

Looks to me like they are just getting ready to pass along the 15% book tax and a bit more to the consumer. All of this with inflation is just going to price more and more people out of the market and have the opposite effect of trying to go EV.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I have no desire to own a truck that only gets -100 miles on a charge towing, I mean, what is a truck for any way, towing or hauling. I see a lot of reservactions being cancelled or not converted.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I have no desire to own a truck that only gets -100 miles on a charge towing, I mean, what is a truck for any way, towing or hauling. I see a lot of reservactions being cancelled or not converted.
And thats brand new. Every other rechargeable battery I’ve owned lasted lower and lower amounts of time as time goes own… anyone thinking EV will be different?

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Looks like all EV manufacturers are now starting to raise prices this week. Seems like they were hiding the fact that they are really unaffordable until the spending bill passed touting going green. I wonder what replacement batteries will cost in 10 years ?. Love my fossil fuel Ranger even more now.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
@SigOris Your southern seacoast neighbor here in Portsmouth, I just noticed your avatar is a quokka! I just learned that when a predator is after them, they'll throw their babies at them! That kind of redefines when your mom say "I brought you into the world and I can take you out!"

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Just save your money and get a real Lightning and enjoy 11mpg

1660076615134.png

11....11 you say. You must have gotten the hybrid model. Mine wouldn't do 10 if I drove it off a cliff. Oh wait, I think maybe it was that I loved that supercharger whine a little to much. :)

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

I don't think a lot of those buying the Lightening has thought it through to a logical conclusion. At best this truck would be good for a weekend warrior run to Lowes for some pine needles to spread around their bushes. For real work it just isn't ready for prime time.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
@SigOris Your southern seacoast neighbor here in Portsmouth, I just noticed your avatar is a quokka! I just learned that when a predator is after them, they'll throw their babies at them! That kind of redefines when your mom say "I brought you into the world and I can take you out!"
I always thought there should be some kind of "catch and release" or maybe take em back to Wal Mart for a full refund !!!
But NOOOOO....you had em now you gotta keep em !!!

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
I can buy a whole lot of uncle joes high priced gasoline for the cost of one of those trucks. Not to mention, I would have to purchase the extended range model just to drive one way for military training each month. Nope, I will keep my old gas burner.
Sponsored