First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nice looking truck and not a bad price, I can't wait until more are out on the streets. This way we'll get more real world reviews instead of all these one day use ones on Youtube.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I'm looking at the range of 230 miles, but with a charge time of almost 12 hours.
And that's a Ford Corporation estimate....wonder what the real world ### will be ?
Has a tow package/hitch/7 & 4 pin plug...wonder what the range would be towing a 3-4000 lb trailer ???
Shows a "tailgate assist" as standard equipment....Dave, there goes your damper sales !!! :frown:

Last edited:

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I'm looking at the range of 230 miles, but with a charge time of almost 12 hours.
And that's a Ford Corporation estimate....wonder what the real world ### will be ?
Has a tow package/hitch/7 & 4 pin plug...wonder what the range would be towing a 3-4000 lb trailer ???
Shows a "tailgate assist" as standard equipment....Dave, there goes your damper sales !!! :frown:
Not high enough. I could almost swing it 90% of my time including even towing. (we go to mostly semi local spots with a travel trailer) but the long hauls would be tough.

Soon, soon

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not high enough. I could almost swing it 90% of my time including even towing. (we go to mostly semi local spots with a travel trailer) but the long hauls would be tough.

Soon, soon
Even for a short haul to a campground, you'd need full hook-ups to charge it...and thats only if it can be charged via 115/30/50 amp pedestal service...and if so, what type of adapters would you need ???
Is the reported 11.9 hours charge time via a 115 or 30 or 50 amp ???

Too many unknowns for me...I'll stick to my ICE and 10 minute refuel stops.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Even for a short haul to a campground, you'd need full hook-ups to charge it...and thats only if it can be charged via 115/30/50 amp pedestal service...and if so, what type of adapters would you need ???
Is the reported 11.9 hours charge time via a 115 or 30 or 50 amp ???

Too many unknowns for me...I'll stick to my ICE and 10 minute refuel stops.
even better will the camp ground allow you to recharge. You get to a site you are probably going to be parked for 24-48 hours anyways so a slow charge doesn't scare me, but can I plug my camper into the 30 amp receptcale and my EV into the 220volt 50 amp connector? will it overload their circuits(possibly).

I will keep watching and waiting, my daily drive though it would be perfect. if I have to do a last minute 500 mile round trip like I have had to do twice in the last month that would hurt a bit more.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would venture to say that the majority of currant campgrounds with full hook up, meaning 115/30/50 amp, are older and I don't think they could handle a large influx of EV's.
I have 50 amp on our trailer, and would guess that if I was using it, and plugged an EV into the 30 amp side at the same time, the older pedestals would trip.
Some of the wiring in these older spots have to be 20-30 years old.

FerdRanger

First Name
Ferdinand the Great
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
not for long
I'm intrigued with the $9500 potential Federal State and Utility incentives....
Disappointed that navigation is free for 3 years.....

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
MSRP $41,669 and as well equipped as my Ranger for the most part. I'm not even going to guess what the dealer markup is though.

OP
OP
rang19ca

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
It just arrived last night and they told me that it was a demo. So they have not listed the ADM yet. I’m sure it will be substantial.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
even better will the camp ground allow you to recharge. You get to a site you are probably going to be parked for 24-48 hours anyways so a slow charge doesn't scare me, but can I plug my camper into the 30 amp receptcale and my EV into the 220volt 50 amp connector? will it overload their circuits(possibly).

I will keep watching and waiting, my daily drive though it would be perfect. if I have to do a last minute 500 mile round trip like I have had to do twice in the last month that would hurt a bit more.
Hi David,

I was just talking with the owner of the RV park where we are summering about electric vehicles. He said the National Campground/RV Parks Owners Association is encouraging all campgrounds and RV Parks to ban charging EVs at the campsite. And to not put in dedicated charging stations... Simply direct the EV owner to commercial charging stations in their vicinity.

Best,
Phil

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
My local dealer has had one for a few weeks. Really surprising since this is a small dealer. They took forever getting their first Bronco in. And currently have maybe 10 total new vehicles on the lot.

9376A6CE-7FB3-4A2F-9D22-9115C4CAE165.jpeg

C7CB310D-BF1C-4485-93C1-7846311778C3.jpeg

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Too bad no charging in campgrounds. We will have to see real world charge times and distance of travel on a charge. I am assuming flat ground is more mileage than through the mountains. Run out of a charge in the middle of a long hill. OOPS. That red one sure looks sweet though. I wonder what a Lariat is for pricing. I still don't like the full 4 door trucks. I know that's just me but I really don't need a 4 door truck.
Sponsored