First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I always thought there should be some kind of "catch and release" or maybe take em back to Wal Mart for a full refund !!!
But NOOOOO....you had em now you gotta keep em !!!
Or like LLBeans return policy ?
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I can buy a whole lot of uncle joes high priced gasoline for the cost of one of those trucks. Not to mention, I would have to purchase the extended range model just to drive one way for military training each month. Nope, I will keep my old gas burner.
Brings up the topic of an auxiliary gas tank. That comes up from time to time on this forum. Maybe since the US Ranger will continue to be 5G for '23, we could see one?

I had a 22 gallon aux tank of my FJ-40 that gave me a total of 40 gallons plus two gerry cans for 50 gallons - it wasn't so bad to be out rock-crawling and getting 10-12 miles to the gallon.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I can buy a whole lot of uncle joes high priced gasoline for the cost of one of those trucks. Not to mention, I would have to purchase the extended range model just to drive one way for military training each month. Nope, I will keep my old gas burner.
did you know uncle joe was wildcatter for oil back in his college days ???

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
11....11 you say. You must have gotten the hybrid maodel. Mine wouldn't do 10 if I drove it off a cliff. Oh wait, I think maybe it was that I loved that supercharger whine a little to much. :)
11 is basically all hwy on cruise control haha, it does have a battery so its basically a hybrid, can park at all the ev stations.

Always wanted one when I was younger when I had the plan jane F150. Someone on here was saying with the 5 star/Livernois tune our trucks were making more HP, which is pretty wild to think about!
Power is crazy easy to make these days, took a lot of money just to reach 600 to the wheels on that truck, double the cost of the truck. Rangers on a tune can make really good power with very little mods.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I don't think a lot of those buying the Lightening has thought it through to a logical conclusion. At best this truck would be good for a weekend warrior run to Lowes for some pine needles to spread around their bushes. For real work it just isn't ready for prime time.
It's the 'gotta have it' gang. They don't put too much logic into their thinking.
Remember when Musk announced his fantasy Cyber Truck 3 years ago, how people were lining up to pre-order? Have you seen one on the roads? Now he promises (again) it will be available in 2023. And the funniest part, he says it will start at $39,000 and the Muskies believe it.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
With the recent legislation to bring back the EV credit, I knew this was going to happen. I just didn’t expect it to be such an apparent smack in the face this soon.
The lighting won't qualify from what read. Most current EVs won't. This is strictly due to demand plus costs of battery raw materials.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It's the 'gotta have it' gang. They don't put too much logic into their thinking.
Remember when Musk announced his fantasy Cyber Truck 3 years ago, how people were lining up to pre-order? Have you seen one on the roads? Now he promises (again) it will be available in 2023. And the funniest part, he says it will start at $39,000 and the Muskies believe it.

And this Lightning rollout isn't going any better than Fords rollout of the Bronco and Maverick. There are still day 2 (07/2020) Bronco reservation holders that don't have a VIN.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
And thats brand new. Every other rechargeable battery I’ve owned lasted lower and lower amounts of time as time goes own… anyone thinking EV will be different?
The battery management systems (BMS) in EV's are designed to maximize battery life, and are rated at number of cycles. My wife's 2016 Prius still gets the same MPG (55) as it did when new. And this is hand calculated in case the computer is rigged :)

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
And this Lightning rollout isn't going any better than Fords rollout of the Bronco and Maverick. There are still day 2 (07/2020) Bronco reservation holders that don't have a VIN.
This was me, got tired of the BS and bought the Ranger.... no regrets at all, love the truck!

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
The battery management systems (BMS) in EV's are designed to maximize battery life, and are rated at number of cycles. My wife's 2016 Prius still gets the same MPG (55) as it did when new. And this is hand calculated in case the computer is rigged :)
Lies!

:crackup:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This was me, got tired of the BS and bought the Ranger.... no regrets at all, love the truck!
I got in on Oct. 3, '20 as I didn't want mine until 2022. Yeah, that's funny now. I was advised by my dealer that I would be lucky if mine was a '24 model (I wouldn't drop some of the sinful options). I finally gave up, and dropped out in June this year.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
For what it's worth, this would be my prediction:

The same way that you could buy or lease a vehicle today, there will be an option on EVs for the battery to be on a Subscription Plan. Meaning they will drop the initial cost of the vehicle, but the battery will be a monthly charge, based on capacity and miles driven, with a per mile rate when going over the threshold, or a flat rate per month based on a miles per moth as well.

OR

Some type of a 'Platform forever' model. Basically the same, purchase the vehicle up front and lease the battery, or being able to trade your vehicle every seven years for the newest version with no change in the vehicle cost (although battery lease rate may change).

Not a popular idea, but this is the model that a lot of businesses are moving towards.

Let the criticism and conversation begin. :bandit:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
When they make one that can tow my trailer for at least 250 miles at 60-65 mph, and be of reasonable cost, I might be interested. Until then my 2021 IC will do just fine.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
my dealer got one in for stock.
I'm hopefully going to go look at it tomorrow, see what this thing is all about up front and personal.

looks like this is their price. CA$

1660178207024.png
So that financing is per week? So 364 weekly payments?