New Lightning F150

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
My local dealer has had one for a few weeks. Really surprising since this is a small dealer. They took forever getting their first Bronco in. And currently have maybe 10 total new vehicles on the lot.

9376A6CE-7FB3-4A2F-9D22-9115C4CAE165.jpeg

C7CB310D-BF1C-4485-93C1-7846311778C3.jpeg
Love that color.
Sponsored

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
I am less than impressed with the front end. Current F-150 is much better looking.

OP
OP
rang19ca

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
That Red one looks way more optioned than the one I saw.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
not far enough on a charge. too big to park easily or go off road in tight spots. the last thing i want to see is whats left of the planet that has not been polluted or turned into a star bucks or nail salon become a damn charge station, be covered with transmission lines and substations. or even worse, enormous strip mines for all the extra elements and metals to build ev. plug in cars are problems looking for solutions. for the past week many states including mine have been asked to conserve power, turn off the ac and not use large appliances until later in the evening so the power grids do not fail etc. so we are all supposed to transition from evil oil burners into "green" electric cars but we cant even use the electrical items we already have. only government can be this stupid. any geologists wanna chime in and tell us how "renewable" rare earth elements or metals are lol. i know- they are recyclable. so is nearly every type of oil. when they make a bio fuel f150 i may take it seriously. if folks like the e150 great buy it up! but if folks are buying ev to go green or save the environment they are being mislead.

Last edited:

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
I saw one back when I picked up my truck at the dealer about a month ago and in true Ford fashion it came with cosmetic damage LOL
It's a nice looking truck and the price isn't bad but watching the YT video where the guys used the Lighting and a gas power truck and towed the same model camper...it wasn't pretty for the Lighting at all

ETA:Here's the video I saw a couple of weeks ago

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
not far enough on a charge. too big to park easily or go off road in tight spots. the last thing i want to see is whats left of the planet that has not been polluted or turned into a star bucks or nail salon become a damn charge station, be covered with transmission lines and substations. or even worse, enormous strip mines for all the extra elements and metals to build ev. plug in cars are problems looking for solutions. for the past week many states including mine have been asked to conserve power, turn off the ac and not use large appliances until later in the evening so the power grids do not fail etc. so we are all supposed to transition from evil oil burners into "green" electric cars but we cant even use the electrical items we already have. only government can be this stupid. any geologists wanna chime in and tell us how "renewable" rare earth elements or metals are lol. i know- they are recyclable. so is nearly every type of oil. when they make a bio fuel f150 i may take it seriously. if folks like the e150 great buy it up! but if folks are buying ev to go green or save the environment they are being mislead.
If people saw the mining operations required for the batteries they’d be as outraged as pipelines an oil rigs.

wait till we all get the bills to upgrade the grid to support EV’s. No one mentions this in the media.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I saw one back when I picked up my truck at the dealer about a month ago and in true Ford fashion it came with cosmetic damage LOL
It's a nice looking truck and the price isn't bad but watching the YT video where the guys used the Lighting and a gas power truck and towed the same model camper...it wasn't pretty for the Lighting at all

ETA:Here's the video I saw a couple of weeks ago
Notice how they have to get a massively upgraded and high end GMC to tow as much as the lighting to start with.

That's because GMC's are medicore at towing.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Looking at that MSRP, I think I understand why Elon was selling all that Tesla stock, clearly it wasn’t to buy Twitter.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i have a feeling ev is gonna hurt a lot of jobs in the states too. automakers can get china to make even more parts for ev cars.
im not 100 % anti ev. i do have to admit they have been working out very well on golf courses for a long time ?

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Notice how they have to get a massively upgraded and high end GMC to tow as much as the lighting to start with.

A F150. Ford vs Ford may have been a better solution but still doesn't change how the Lighting did

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

I didn't understand why they didn't match it against a regular F150 ;)

Able466

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Jeep TJ
I actually paid for reservation spot. I am probably in the middle of the pack as far as my option to order one and haven't received the option yet.. I had a few work trips that sent me to very rural areas in New Mexico and spent over 100 miles off road. That's when I decide I will probably not actually order one. That doesn't happen often, but when it does I need easy access to fuel.

when the invitation comes up, I would be willing to sell the spot, otherwise I'll just request the refund.
Sponsored