Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I had a 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4cyd 2wd. 6 speed transmission
I live on flatland Illinois. Going to Springfield and the truck shifted back and forth and could not make up it's mind. I traded it in on a plain Jane 19 ranger XL
It didn't even have auto door unlock. So I got my new 2019 XLT 4x4. Much better grade truck
Than the Taco. I would rather run
0-60 instead of run up trails There are no trails around our flat State.
Sponsored

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I had a 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4cyd 2wd. 6 speed transmission
I live on flatland Illinois. Going to Springfield and the truck shifted back and forth and could not make up it's mind. I traded it in on a plain Jane 19 ranger XL
It didn't even have auto door unlock. So I got my new 2019 XLT 4x4. Much better grade truck
Than the Taco. I would rather run
0-60 instead of run up trails There are no trails around our flat State.
We hated our 2017 Taco for some poorly designed features. :frown: Should we start a thread about them????

winmag4582001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electrician
I love the Tacoma, but to get one with the same options my $36k Ranger has would have cost me $44k for the Tacoma.

The big test will be in 5yrs when the Rangers have 100k miles on them. Will they hold their value like the Toy? I've never been hurt when buying a Toyota.

winmag4582001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electrician
i always had my chevy/gmc friends say ford sucked because of the resale value.
then i just asked them what their favorite beer was and would they pay more for it simply because of brand....and they usually shut up. they know beer is beer, and they knew i had a point and realised they got fleeced paying stupid high resale prices for something that really added no extra value other other than an emblem. a truck is a truck as beer is beer, and if you are dumb enough to pay more for garbage....
You're partially right.
Unfortunately your or my opinion doesn't carry shit compared to the market's opinion.
I feel Iphones are one of the most useless pieces of tech garbage to every be produced, unfortunately there's one billion people who think they are the greatest thing, so if I want one...... gonna have to pay the going rate.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Like my 19 Ford Ranger so much (my first Ford product) that we are in line for a 2 door new Bronco for the GF. Was on the way to buy a Honda Ridgeline but the Ranger won out in more safety areas and overall looks and use for me.

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
then i just asked them what their favorite beer was and would they pay more for it simply because of brand....and they usually shut up. they know beer is beer, and they knew i had a point and realised they got fleeced paying stupid high resale prices for something that really added no extra value other other than an emblem. a truck is a truck as beer is beer, and if you are dumb enough to pay more for garbage....
The resale value thing makes no sense to me, personally. I just don't understand buying a depreciating asset, no matter how much it may hold it's value compared to it's competition, with the goal of selling that asset a few years later just to purchase another depreciating asset. That is just a massive waste of money.

I have a 10 year old Mazda 3. I hope/expect to get another 10 out of it, at least. I have a 2019 Ranger. I hope/expect to still be driving it in 2039.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase

I never buy a car for it's resale value I buy because I want it. Resale means nothing especially when I keep it way over 100k miles.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I never buy a car for it's resale value I buy because I want it. Resale means nothing especially when I keep it way over 100k miles.
You got the right! We drive it, haul things in it, repair it and tow trailers for X years. If we are happy with it for that time and miles, resale value is not top of the list in importance.

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
You got the right! We drive it, haul things in it, repair it and tow trailers for X years. If we are happy with it for that time and miles, resale value is not top of the list in importance.
Right on. in January of 2019 the computer in my Mazda went out and the repair/towing bill was like 1400 bucks. Several people I know suggested I sell/scrap the car and I said fuck that noise. I fixed it and it's rocking like always. A new car payment would have been at least 280 a month and, by now, I'd have paid much more than the repair bill.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I probably would of just put a crate motor in my 01 ranger if I hadn’t got my 19, gf has a Toyota 4 runner and there is no room in It, plus I had an 88 Toyota pick that was a bag of shit and after the second set of head gaskets I swore I would never get another

I’d probably buy a Pontiac Aztec over the gladiator....

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
I'm 36, been driving sports cars for a long time. Finally realized that for home projects, and transport. I'd rather own a truck. Traded in my 2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe for a Ford Ranger. Even test drove a Toyota Tacoma with the V6, the comparison wasn't even there. Where the Ford Ranger lurches forward after about a half second, the Tacoma needed about 3 seconds to engage the transmission. Long story short, I love the drive on my 2020 Ford Ranger. Here's to Ford for making a great Truck! :)

My only complaint, is I wish I could have gotten diesel engine, or a V8. Tried the V8 5 Liter F150, it's a great vehicle. But a nightmare to house in parking structures.. !

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
The big local Yota dealer has all used vehicles on their front line - - - and nothing behind. :shock:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I have been waiting on the Bronco for 18 months, still on order but I needed another tow vehicle and couldn't wait any longer. Shopped around as it needed to be flat towable, and not too heavy. The Ranger fit the bill, and I actually like it a lot, more pratical with more room than the Bronco (was always a sticking point), and $20K less. Same engine and Tranny as the Bronco with 600lbs less weight. So I am not sure I want to keep the Bronco order as the Ranger is fitting in well, and I am past my Rubi rock crawling days. Besides, the Ranger is paid for. :)

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
I have been waiting on the Bronco for 18 months, still on order but I needed another tow vehicle and couldn't wait any longer. Shopped around as it needed to be flat towable, and not too heavy. The Ranger fit the bill, and I actually like it a lot, more pratical with more room than the Bronco (was always a sticking point), and $20K less. Same engine and Tranny as the Bronco with 600lbs less weight. So I am not sure I want to keep the Bronco order as the Ranger is fitting in well, and I am past my Rubi rock crawling days. Besides, the Ranger is paid for. :)
If the Bronco is comparable to a Wrangler and the Ranger is the pickup version of the Bronco, I guess that means that you're buying the Ford equivalent of the Gladiator so you just saved yourself a bunch more!

Thinking of the Ranger as a cheap Bronco with a bed makes it seem like a very good deal, heh. The only thing we are missing is the Bronco design.
Sponsored