Ford Ranger Sales Doubled in Q2; Ford Second Quarter Total Pickup Sales Strongest In 15 Years

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first Ford and the Ranger stole me away from Toyota Tacoma. I was going to buy a taco because there just werent that many options in my mind. Nissan never, chevy no thanks had one years ago with problems, dakota doesnt exist but wouldnt buy one if it did, taco is reputable but the horse power and torque are a joke, it may as well be a 4 cylinder...the transmission is outdated. It feels straight up slower than my 1983 toyota tercel 4 speed. The Ranger showed up and I am thankfull for that...now if only Ford brings a real 4x4 SUV so my wife stears away from the 4runner.
My wife is waiting on the Bronco...if it is what has been predicted. Once my Ranger is paid for, the Bronco is the next one to join the family.
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
There are going to be a LOT of used 2016+ Tacomas on Ford car lots for sale after this summer. Mine is one of them.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Forbes: Ranger Is Proving It Wasn't Too Late For Ford To Get Back Into Mid-Size Truck Segment

Ford executives spent a few years kicking themselves for not coming back into the U.S. mid-size pickup-truck market quickly enough. But now that the new Ford Ranger is here, the revived nameplate quickly is making up for lost time. That's because the new Ranger for the American market reflects a good dose of what has helped its bigger sibling, the Ford F-150, to remain king of the pickup-truck mountain as well as the mid-size model's foundations in a Ranger version that Ford has been selling around the world for years.

The release of second-quarter U.S. sales figures this week will tell more, but Ford executives were happy that first-quarter sales for the new Ranger, following the reintroduction of the nameplate after an eight-year absence, were robust. The new Ranger nabbed a 7-percent share of the mid-size segment, passing the GMC Canyon and Honda Ridgeline right out of the gate. Still far ahead in Ranger's sights are the segment-leading Toyota Tacoma and Chevrolet Colorado, but it was a great start.

What's more, because Ranger re-entered the fray at a time of high tide for pickup trucks, Ford is fetching ample prices for its new model. "Ranger transacted at $37,882 for the month of March," Mark LaNeve, Ford's vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service said after the first quarter. "It's a great sign and demonstrates that mid-size truck customers, like full-size truck customers, are willing to invest in capable, well-equipped trucks."

Of course, LaNeve's johnny-come-lately assessment of the U.S. mid-size market is ironic and some day soon likely will become an anecdote in a business-school study of how to misread a market while your competitors aren't. Ford unwisely pulled Ranger from the American market in 2011 in the wake of the Great Recession, at a time when it was focusing on high-mileage sedans, and during an era when company executives were convinced that the "lifestyle" buyer for pickup trucks -- the one who wants one but doesn't really need one for a company or a job -- was pretty much gone for good.

While crickets reigned at Ford, GM made the opposite decision, invested in a new platform for mid-size trucks, introduced Colorado and Canyon several years ago, and helped revitalize the mid-size truck segment.

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
There are going to be a LOT of used 2016+ Tacomas on Ford car lots for sale after this summer. Mine is one of them.
Mine is too. Ironically enough, this Ford dealership is literally across the street from Michigan Assembly where the new Rangers are being put together (although I purchased my Ranger at a different dealership about 10 miles away).

Loving the Ranger so far, glad to see sales are looking strong.

TacoAtFord.JPG

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Mine is too. Ironically enough, this Ford dealership is literally across the street from Michigan Assembly where the new Rangers are being put together (although I purchased my Ranger at a different dealership about 10 miles away).

Loving the Ranger so far, glad to see sales are looking strong.

TacoAtFord.JPG
Here's my old TuRD Pro Tacoma sitting on the Ford lot now. It's funny, the pics they are using were taken immediately as I was inside the dealership signing paperwork on my new Ranger. They didn't bother cleaning it (it was pretty dirty), and still had my license plates on it too. https://www.lutherfamilyford.com/us...80a0e0ae83c9883f3e903f8fd.htm?searchDepth=2:2

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
so what is everyone's guess for July Sales? think they hit 15K?? Will be interesting.

and btw.....my Supercab STX 4x4 was cheaper than that Taco listed above. And I don't even have drum brakes.

Stan McKinney

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger,
I left a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR on my Ford Dealer's lot last February!
I see very few on the road or on dealers’ lots in Central Kentucky. I had mine at a car show on July 4 and was amazed by how many people have not seen one. They all seemed to love my lightning blue lariat crew cab 4 by 4 model.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Authority: Ford Ranger Sales Move Truck To Third Place In Segment In Q2 2019

The second quarter of 2019 marked the second quarter of Ford Ranger sales in the United States market. During that time frame, sales of the midsize pickup truck totaled 20,880 units, which is more than double the amount of Ranger sales (9,421 units) sold in Q1. The figure is roughly one-third of Toyota Tacoma sales, two-thirds of Chevy Colorado sales yet about 2,000 units higher than Nissan Frontier deliveries and 8,000 units more than GMC Canyon sales. In other words, the Ranger is gaining momentum as it moves squarely into third place in its competitive set.

The Tacoma remained America’s best-selling midsize pickup truck during the quarter, followed by the Chevy Colorado in second, and the Ranger in third. The Nissan Frontier came in fourth and the GMC Canyon was last.

FordAuthority.png

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Authority: Ford Ranger Sales Move Truck To Third Place In Segment In Q2 2019

The second quarter of 2019 marked the second quarter of Ford Ranger sales in the United States market. During that time frame, sales of the midsize pickup truck totaled 20,880 units, which is more than double the amount of Ranger sales (9,421 units) sold in Q1. The figure is roughly one-third of Toyota Tacoma sales, two-thirds of Chevy Colorado sales yet about 2,000 units higher than Nissan Frontier deliveries and 8,000 units more than GMC Canyon sales. In other words, the Ranger is gaining momentum as it moves squarely into third place in its competitive set.

The Tacoma remained America’s best-selling midsize pickup truck during the quarter, followed by the Chevy Colorado in second, and the Ranger in third. The Nissan Frontier came in fourth and the GMC Canyon was last.

FordAuthority.png
will ford release sales for July or wait until end of quarter?

Cshep102

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Fx4, 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500, 2013 Ford Focus ST
OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase