Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
i don't do any real offroading, maybe some minor fire trails on occasion, and I rarely but do sometimes tow and haul loads.
so more than 95% of my driving is city/highway...

I recognize this is a truck, and it will ride like, well... a truck. I'm just wondering what I may be able to do to. take out some of the dive and roll and rocking, mostly in slower city driving and braking...

i was planning on having 2.5" levelers installed next week with slightly bigger tires, so if there is something else I should consider having done at the same time I'd like to do it that way.

suggestions? (other than 'brake sooner, lighter, slower, etc... lol). looking for real solutions to stiffen but not make it rock hard.
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I put Fox 2.0‘s on the rear and bumped up the front tire pressure about 5lbs above the sticker (FX4) and it helped significantly. Pretty much eliminated the dive. Drives great now.

Even my wife noticed and said it’s much better than before.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I will not agree with the tire pressure as that should still be set to what placard says. As for fixing your problem many here have already stated the rear shocks being changed help dramatically!! I myself would prefer to keep the shocks the same on all 4 corners hor handeling and safety. If it were me I would get eitger the Bilsteins or the Eibachs on your truck. During install they can be set to factory height up from and you will get the improved ride that you are looking for.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I will not agree with the tire pressure as that should still be set to what placard says. As for fixing your problem many here have already stated the rear shocks being changed help dramatically!! I myself would prefer to keep the shocks the same on all 4 corners hor handeling and safety. If it were me I would get eitger the Bilsteins or the Eibachs on your truck. During install they can be set to factory height up from and you will get the improved ride that you are looking for.
You don’t have to agree but it works great. After over 45 years in the automotive field I’m fine with 4 or 5 lbs more air pressure which is still far below maximum pressure.

it’s an inexpensive way to get decent handling. As Floyd said above it‘s all a compromise. I am on the street 95% of the time.

Last edited:

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
i don't do any real offroading, maybe some minor fire trails on occasion, and I rarely but do sometimes tow and haul loads.

I recognize this is a truck, and it will ride like, well... a truck. I'm just wondering what I may be able to do to. take out some of the dive and roll and rocking, mostly in slower city driving and braking...

i was planning on having 2.5" levelers installed next week with slightly bigger tires, so if there is something else I should consider having done at the same time I'd like to do it that way.

suggestions? (other than 'brake sooner, lighter, slower, etc... lol). looking for real solutions to stiffen but not make it rock hard.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rears-only-fox-2-0-or-eibach.9166/

I had similar complaints

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
As others have stated,a change of the rear shocks alone did wonders for reducing a large amount of the rocking boat.
‘I used a pair of Rough Country shocks found on Amazon(so if I wasn’t happy with them,I could return them),they are still on the back of my truck until my Icon rear shocks show up.I was and still am very happy with them.

The stock shock package to be nice,is utter garbage on these trucks...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

A lot of members have noticed this "rocking and rolling," a.k.a. "the Ranger Bounce," and many of us have installed aftermarket suspension kits of all kinds. Four or five months in, I put on the Fox/Ford Performance 2.0 Leveling kit, and I have been loving the ride, not to mention the higher stance, ever since. There are lots of other kits out there, probably some better, some not as good, depending on what you want to do. Check out some of the suspension threads on the forum to see what the options are. If it were me doing it all over again in light of what is available now, I would have the F/FP 2.0 put on by the dealer before taking delivery, as some members are now able to do now. In short, there is no reason why we have to accept that our trucks should drive like trucks!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I put Fox 2.0‘s on the rear and bumped up the front tire pressure about 5lbs above the sticker (FX4) and it helped significantly. Pretty much eliminated the dive. Drives great now.
i just ordered the 2.0 Fox kit for front and rear, and as a bonus, when i called my install shop, they had a 1000 mile used Borla catback for the ranger that some guy returned. snatched it up for $500 installed!

love it when a plan comes together. thanks for everyone's feedback!

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I think most premium shocks make a huge difference. My Fox 2.0’s are great.
Sponsored