I think I pulled out the inner front axle ? How to reseat ?

Gearhead

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
In the process of installing my Leveling kit and I think I popped out the inner axle...even after being extra careful trying not to....

How do I reseat it ? Spin the axle why trying to slide it back in ? At a loss right now and I'm blocking our driveway haha !!!

Thanks for any help !!!
Sponsored

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
In the process of installing my Leveling kit and I think I popped out the inner axle...even after being extra careful trying not to....

How do I reseat it ? Spin the axle why trying to slide it back in ? At a loss right now and I'm blocking our driveway haha !!!

Thanks for any help !!!
I had the same issue and I put a jack under the a-arm, lifted it just a touch, and tried to get it back in a couple of times before it worked. It will go back in and I didn’t have to spin the axle or anything.

OP
OP

Gearhead

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I had the same issue and I put a jack under the a-arm, lifted it just a touch, and tried to get it back in a couple of times before it worked. It will go back in and I didn’t have to spin the axle or anything.
Thanks, I'm still struggling with it.....tried about everything. Going to take a 30 minute break.....ridiculously hot outside .

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Spinning it worked for me.

OP
OP

Gearhead

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
i finally got it.....happened on both sides. Lesson learned is not to take shortcuts, just do it the proper way.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
There is a couple tricks to prevent this for guys in the future. If you have an air hammer, pop the lower strut studs out. If you are tossing the factory coilovers, just cut the studs with death wheel. Otherwise, Take off the axle nut.

OP
OP

Gearhead

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
There is a couple tricks to prevent this for guys in the future. If you have an air hammer, pop the lower strut studs out. If you are tossing the factory coilovers, just cut the studs with death wheel. Otherwise, Take off the axle nut.
Agree 100% on this !!!
Sponsored