Detailing Time

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
what does everyone use for their windows? no matter what I use or wipe there are always streaks. doesn't help my OCD either as I hate dirty windows.
I wipe my windows with a Chamois and then follow that with a wipe from a linen towel. I never have streaks and the linen towel leaves no lint.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Try some original Coke....I know, sounds weird. If that doesn't work, try some CLR--just make sure to rinse it really good afterwards.
If nothing works, mask it off and use some black Plasti Dip. If ya don't like the look, just peel it off....it will look way better than duck tape and easier to remove with no mess.
Good ideas - I wonder what it is? Whatever it is, it is certainly persistent....

Mjersk

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Ford Escape
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
For the exterior I used Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax with V07 Quick Detail + Sealant top coat and it did wonders. Looks absolutely amazing. For interior I used Chemical Guys inner clean, love the product not greasy and makes everything look factory fresh. Not too crazy about the smell but probably because nothing is better than the smell of a brand new Ford. Did both my Ranger and my girlfriends Escape last weekend and had awesome results. Can’t say enough good things about Chemical Guys products!

BDFF9C81-ABBA-4AE4-BFB3-49171EAB3C9D.jpeg

7573993B-F5BA-48EF-B149-04937CF9F5A0.jpeg

945C4ECC-40FE-437C-A642-0C3ADA6CAE48.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I’ve been using these products for years with great results. I was going to try the ceramic coating but I'm actually one of the weird ones who enjoys waxing my vehicles. lol

If claying,first wash the truck and do not dry. I use the 303 Speed Detailer (more is better) for my lube. Spray one panel at a time with lube and run your clay mitt side to side then up and down using NO pressure but the mitt. Once you’re done with that panel take a plastic sandwich bag and put it over your hand and run it down the panel you just clayed. If you feel any grit spray more lube on and re-clay that area until it smooth. Continue this for the entire truck until the baggie glides over the area without any grit.

Next I like to strip off any old finish and start fresh so I use the Optimum Paint Prep. Just spray it on and wipe off with a micro fiber cloth. I only do this about every 18 months just to get a fresh base to start with.

My basic wash and wax:

I use the 2 bucket system 1 for washing with a grit guard and 1 for rinsing my micro fiber mitt also with a grit guard. I use the Trinova Car Shampoo and Conditioner as it has no added wax or sealants. Dry with a chamois,spray a coat of Optimim Opti-seal (use very little as less is more) usually 1-2 sprays per panel. I use a foam applicator and just give it a couple of sprays on that and run it over the panel. Once it starts to drag just give it another spray or two. Top coat with Optimum Car Wax,same less is more. This I spray directly onto the panel and wipe with a micro fiber cloth. You don’t have to buff out just wipe on and let it dry. I also use the Opti-seal on all the exterior glass,this seal the glass and beads up like Rain-X but lasts much longer. I also use this in my house on my shower glass,bath mirrors and stainless appliances.

I use the 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner to get rid of any road grime. Just spray it on,let sit for a minute and scrub with a brush and rinse. I also use their Tire Shine to top dress,it comes in satin and gloss finish.

Finally I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant for my tonneau cover and any black plastic and rubber, This is the best UV protectant you can get! It has super UV protection and will even help restore weathered gray black plastic back to original. I use this on all my interior too from the dash,seats,steering wheel and all the black plastic moulding throughout the truck. It does not leave a greasy film like Armor-All does.

All the 303 and Trinova products can be found here,I think Amazon sells most of them too.

Optimum Products can be found here.

Edit: So obviously now I've switched to 303 Graphene Nano Spray and the Graphene Detailer. ?

Clay Products.jpg

Wash:Wax products.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

Tonneau cover and black plastic with the 303 Aerospace protectant applied.

IMG_2156.jpg

Last edited:

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Does anyone know why are 303 products so hard to find? is there anywhere that stocks them besides amazon? id like to try the 303 wax and just saw above the tire cleaner. are they stocked in store anywhere? Dallas TX area by the way.

has anyone tried the 303 wax yet? just saw it on amazon and with the whole slow shipping (covid delays right now) I did not order yet just using the Mguieres I have on hand already works great just a lot of time involved. right now thats not an issue because not much else To do anyway except mow the lawn and that's not much fun.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Does anyone know why are 303 products so hard to find? is there anywhere that stocks them besides amazon? id like to try the 303 wax and just saw above the tire cleaner. are they stocked in store anywhere? Dallas TX area by the way.

has anyone tried the 303 wax yet? just saw it on amazon and with the whole slow shipping (covid delays right now) I did not order yet just using the Mguieres I have on hand already works great just a lot of time involved. right now thats not an issue because not much else To do anyway except mow the lawn and that's not much fun.

You can go to Gold Eagles site directly to order their products. Right now they have free shipping over $50.00 but if you sign up for their newsletter (at the bottom of the page) they usually have weekly email specials.

https://www.goldeagle.com

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
You can go to Gold Eagles site directly to order their products. Right now they have free shipping over $50.00 but if you sign up for their newsletter (at the bottom of the page) they usually have weekly email specials.

https://www.goldeagle.com
Thanks! I think Im going to order the spray wax if it works as well as the 303 protectant ill be happy.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks! I think Im going to order the spray wax if it works as well as the 303 protectant ill be happy.

I would think it would work great. All the 303/Trinova products I've used I've been really happy with. I use their Speed Detailer as lube along with their Clay Mitt and the detailer works really good. I also really like their tire dressings and they don't fly off if you drive it shortly after applying it.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
FWIW it looks as if O'rileys near me stocks some 303 in store the sealant and protectant if someone else is looking might be a local option for you. they don't list the spray wax so Im going to get bottle on amazon to use between 'real' waxes.

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
what does everyone use for their windows? no matter what I use or wipe there are always streaks. doesn't help my OCD either as I hate dirty windows.
Waffle microfiber towels. No more streaks on windows.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
No detailing today. This is heading my way. Sorry for Louisiana folks that saw the brunt of it.

This is the advice from Louisiana officials.

"Please evacuate, and if you choose to stay and we can't get to you, write your name, address, social security number and next of kin and put it a Ziploc bag in your pocket. Praying that it does not come to this."

1598542816753.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using Optimum products for several years now and today just tried their Instant Detailer/Gloss Enhancement. You can use this as a drying agent too. Just spray on while wet and dry or just spray on after it's dry and wipe off with a microfiber towel. As with all of Optimums products you only use a little, less is more.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG9FJKU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_2831.jpg
Just begging for a flock of Canadian Geese...?
Sponsored