Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I think one of you gents should write up a “detailing for dummies” for us who see all these chemicals and stuff and don’t know what to buy or how to use it. I’d love for truck to look like the ones in this thread.
Sponsored

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have any recommendations for what to use to clean the interior plastic? That black stuff seems to scuff and show dirt very easily.

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any recommendations for what to use to clean the interior plastic? That black stuff seems to scuff and show dirt very easily.
Chemical Guys RVP - rubber vinyl plastic - non-greasy - Amazon, CG website
Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer - non-greasy - AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, Walmart, Pep boys
Armorall Cleaning wips - greasy - AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, Walmart, Pep boys

Of course, do only a small area to test the product for your liking.;)

Last edited:

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
I think one of you gents should write up a “detailing for dummies” for us who see all these chemicals and stuff and don’t know what to buy or how to use it. I’d love for truck to look like the ones in this thread.
http://www.reddit.com/r/autodetailing

I've spent way too much time here lately. Their wiki would be the best for beginners.

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Meguiar's D101 - only comes in gallons and should be diluted depending on what you're cleaning. Just ordered mine from Amazon.

Then after you're done cleaning, protect with 303 Aerospace UV Protectant

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I was washing my Oxford White pavement princess this morning and found these stains on the inside lip of the wheel well molding. I tried all the tricks i know to get them off, wax, rubbing compound, degreaser. Nothing got the stains out. They were not there the last time I washed it. Any suggestions???

C23F7D67-C858-4380-A0C3-B79FB28CEE5A.jpeg

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
I was washing my Oxford White pavement princess this morning and found these stains on the inside lip of the wheel well molding. I tried all the tricks i know to get them off, wax, rubbing compound, degreaser. Nothing got the stains out. They were not there the last time I washed it. Any suggestions???

C23F7D67-C858-4380-A0C3-B79FB28CEE5A.jpeg
Try a “bug and tar” remover.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
5A422856-43D9-44A1-85A8-E0FE4EA7A251.jpeg
Tried it, no luck.
Things I’ve tried:

Wax
Clay bar
Bug and tar remover
Dawn dish soap
Rubbing compound
Polishing compound

Nothing works. It appears the white molding is stained. I was thinking there must be some kind of heavy duty black tape I could line the inside lip of the molding with to cover up the stains. Any ideas???

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

Things I’ve tried:

Wax
Clay bar
Bug and tar remover
Dawn dish soap
Rubbing compound
Polishing compound

Nothing works. It appears the white molding is stained. I was thinking there must be some kind of heavy duty black tape I could line the inside lip of the molding with to cover up the stains. Any ideas???
try a wax cleaner. let it sit and buff it off. dish soap and alcohol will just remove your clear coat.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
what does everyone use for their windows? no matter what I use or wipe there are always streaks. doesn't help my OCD either as I hate dirty windows.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
what does everyone use for their windows? no matter what I use or wipe there are always streaks. doesn't help my OCD either as I hate dirty windows.
I use a aerosol spray glass cleaner I get at Costco - never seen anything like it - easiest window cleaning ever. No streaks.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
For the inside, if it's hazy, I use a microfiber towel with a little glass cleaner, and finish with a dry microfiber towel. The microfiber will clean with or without additional liquids. Using glass cleaner just makes it slide easier....the microfiber towel really grabs on dry surfaces.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Things I’ve tried:

Wax
Clay bar
Bug and tar remover
Dawn dish soap
Rubbing compound
Polishing compound

Try some original Coke....I know, sounds weird. If that doesn't work, try some CLR--just make sure to rinse it really good afterwards.
If nothing works, mask it off and use some black Plasti Dip. If ya don't like the look, just peel it off....it will look way better than duck tape and easier to remove with no mess.
Sponsored