Would adding an ARB front locker void my warranty?

AZRanger

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
Actuated front locker>anything abs or traction control based. This is of course for very difficult off-roading where wheels tend to be up in the air, often because ifs can’t flex to touch the ground like a solid axle can. Anything casual you will rarely even use your rear locker. My 2 cents
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Actuated front locker>anything abs or traction control based. This is of course for very difficult off-roading where wheels tend to be up in the air, often because ifs can’t flex to touch the ground like a solid axle can. Anything casual you will rarely even use your rear locker. My 2 cents
I really agree with you on this. So far 99% of the trails i have gone I have been able to suffice without a locker wich is tough. With that said a locker would have made a few of them easier.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Are there any comparisons between having a front locker and a tailgate damper? Which one provides the best off-road experience?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
The Ranger Tremor already has Terrain Management that uses the ABS system to keep the wheels from slipping and sending power to the wheel with traction. Adding a front locker will add weight and provide very limited benefit.
^^^ THIS ^^^
If the vehicle doesn't need the mod.
If the vehicle won't benefit from the mod.
If the mod could void the warranty.
If the mod could interfere with all of the existing trail management goodies and cause a conflict.

Why would you spend money and introduce risk for no reward?
Put that cash towards another upgrade somewhere else.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
^^^ THIS ^^^
If the vehicle doesn't need the mod.
If the vehicle won't benefit from the mod.
If the mod could void the warranty.
If the mod could interfere with all of the existing trail management goodies and cause a conflict.

Why would you spend money and introduce risk for no reward?
Put that cash towards another upgrade somewhere else.
A lot of people can't sit still with a stock vehicle. Aftermarket manufacturer's business models count on it. Somebody out there just bought a TRX and is looking for a better tune. Somebody will buy the new Bronco with the big tires and still want 44s. It's what separates us from the commie bastards.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Does the Ranger Tremor come with the Dana M220 front diff. I think the Ranger has the weaker Dana M190 front Diff. If you are going to do it make sure it has the stronger axles

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Are there any comparisons between having a front locker and a tailgate damper? Which one provides the best off-road experience?
the real question involves a diff damper

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
The real benefit is saying: ”Yeah, I got a front locker in it”.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
In two weeks I'll be placing an order for a Ranger Tremor. In time, I'd like to add the ARB front locker to it. Would this cause warranty issues? It's not something I plan on doing right away but during the first 2 years or so.

Thanks
Yes

OP
OP

TunaFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Thanks for the replies, with all that was said, I'm going to pass on it. I don't see any real reason to get it at this point. Thanks everyone.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Does the Ranger Tremor come with the Dana M220 front diff. I think the Ranger has the weaker Dana M190 front Diff. If you are going to do it make sure it has the stronger axles
Hmmmm the M220 is only for the rear and I belive(not positive) the front is still the same across the board. Weither it is a M190 or something eles I cant say

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Hmmmm the M220 is only for the rear and I belive(not positive) the front is still the same across the board. Weither it is a M190 or something eles I cant say
You can option the Bronco with the Dana M220 for the Front Diff. Probably the same for the Raptor.
Its partly designed for the stresses larger tires put on the axles.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
A lot of people can't sit still with a stock vehicle. Aftermarket manufacturer's business models count on it. Somebody out there just bought a TRX and is looking for a better tune. Somebody will buy the new Bronco with the big tires and still want 44s. It's what separates us from the commie bastards.
Totally agree and support the freedom to do it. His truck. His truck payments. I'm not going to tell him what to do with it. I just question the logic an if he will be as happy when it is done. Maybe he will?

The real benefit is saying: ”Yeah, I got a front locker in it”.
Yes but I hear, "I'm not that good of a driver and I have a lot to learn, so I spend money and let my equipment make up for my shortcomings."

OP
OP

TunaFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I'm not one to mess with a stock vehicle. A front locker is something I've been interested in for a while for just better, slower control over the truck. I've been off-roading for years and never truly needed it. However, I think it is a nice option to have. It's not necessary for 99% of the time and honestly, the traction control systems work extremely well.
Sponsored