First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i think the rangers are about as capable as most folks would ever need them to be even in stock form. add on some good tires and decent driving skills and its pretty capable. it will do basically anything any other stock production truck will do. if any of the current trucks have an advantage it would be the toycoma or fluffyiator simply based on the huge amount of after market custom parts and fabricators for those models. they have a lot of options to modify fords dont have.
Sponsored

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
what does the Sport package add? I figure for them to add a sticker it has to add something and a metal inlay that says sport on the door handles too LOL
I am in some rough situations sometimes and I am glad I have the FX4

Sport FX4.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
what does the Sport package add? I figure for them to add a sticker it has to add something and a metal inlay that says sport on the door handles too LOL
I am in some rough situations sometimes and I am glad I have the FX4

Sport FX4.jpg
Interesting, first time I've seen bothe the Sport and FX4 decals on the same truck. On my 2019 XLT Sport FX4, the Sport package was really just an appearance package. Got you Magnetic bumpers, wheel molding and grille surround vs the chrome package. I got not Sport badges on my door handles.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Interesting, first time I've seen bothe the Sport and FX4 decals on the same truck. On my 2019 XLT Sport FX4, the Sport package was really just an appearance package. Got you Magnetic bumpers, wheel molding and grille surround vs the chrome package. I got not Sport badges on my door handles.
mine is a 21 and 90% of my truck came this way from the dealer, installed, Roush rims, rough country lift and the RC steps, out of everything it has, the one thing I wish it had was an engine cover!
I am still damper free LOL

20230610_134358.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
sport package is the darker trim on bumpers and rims i think. instead of chrome flat black or gloss black they are grey metallic or something like that. mines a fx4 sport but no sport sticker thankfully lol.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I’m guessing those decals are an owner modification.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I’m guessing those decals are an owner modification.
it would make no sense to just put stickers on it?
maybe he found parts and its not even an XLT 4x4 :)
the guy I bought it from worked at the dealership drove it 5000 miles on a 2021 basically new and sold it because he needed a down payment on a piece of property, so I paid cash and I got it for a lot less than Estimated Retail Value, he didnt look like the type of guy that was into stickers LOL
it dont make it worth more and most people dont know what either is, after looking at a few over a few months I got this one because of the mods that were already done to an XLT and the sync3 was a big selling point to me, I am on the road a lot so if the truck is on, the radio is too LOL
kind of liked the Roush rims and rough country lift with 285/70 was a nice add too :)
we all get good MPG and we can all tow 7500 FX4 or not haha

20230611_154435.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I wanted ask those that do moderate off-roading if they felt the FX-4 is sufficient enough? I've watched so many videos and reviews over the last few weeks and have come away more confused.

The Chevy ZR2 is a beast for sure, with its front and rear locking differentials. One of the few vehicles that has both. From what I've read, they are beneficial but a truck with just a rear locker and crawl control system, is also quite capable.

I was watching this video below that took a stock FX-4 through a Jeep trail, and it did great. Which begs the question, is the FX-4 more capable than some give it credit for?

2019 Ford Ranger Off-Road Test - Broken Arrow Trail Sedona, AZ - YouTube
old post but the 5g 4x4 with rear locker and goat modes or whatever they are called is very capable. i promise your sense of safety will give up before the trucks ability does. ive had several side by side and built buggy drivers be shocked to see me in a nearly stock ranger on certain trails. i get up and down them fine i just go a lot slower than they do.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
the guy I bought it from worked at the dealership drove it 5000 miles on a 2021 basically new and sold it because he needed a down payment on a piece of property, so I paid cash and I got it for a lot less than Estimated Retail Value, he didnt look like the type of guy that was into stickers LOL
it dont make it worth more and most people dont know what either is, after looking at a few over a few months I got this one because of the mods that were already done to an XLT and the sync3 was a big selling point to me, I am on the road a lot so if the truck is on, the radio is too LOL
kind of liked the Roush rims and rough country lift with 285/70 was a nice add too :)

20230611_154435.jpg
The more I look at the pictures it's not an FX4. Only a modded Sport 4X4. It doesn't have the FX4 skid plate. It has the full-width air deflector under the front bumper. Probably doesn't have the factory FX4 shocks, but everyone changes them anyway. Nice looking truck though if you like grey, too many around. But, I'd get rid of the FX4 stickers maybe both. Looks a little cheesy with both.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted ask those that do moderate off-roading if they felt the FX-4 is sufficient enough? I've watched so many videos and reviews over the last few weeks and have come away more confused.

The Chevy ZR2 is a beast for sure, with its front and rear locking differentials. One of the few vehicles that has both. From what I've read, they are beneficial but a truck with just a rear locker and crawl control system, is also quite capable.

I was watching this video below that took a stock FX-4 through a Jeep trail, and it did great. Which begs the question, is the FX-4 more capable than some give it credit for?

2019 Ford Ranger Off-Road Test - Broken Arrow Trail Sedona, AZ - YouTube
The biggest thing is driver skill, back in the day my then stock sport 4x4 with locker did great and seldom got stuck, but I was smart about my lines and using my equipment. The biggest issue was ground clearance and removing the front wind thingy and doing a lift and 35's has alleviated that, I go places some of my buddies with sasquatch broncos can't. It is all down to driver skill.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase

20230611_154435.jpg
That isn't a fx4, it is a xlt sport 4x4 the owner put fx4 stickers on. Not only is the sport 4x4 sticker in the proper place and the fx4 one placed below it (there will never be both sets on the same vehicle unless the owner put them there) but the front bumper, skid plates and air dam are all from the sport. Easy way to confirm is to look at your center console where the shifter and 4x4 controls are, if you don't have a button in the middle of the 4x4 selector and a trail control button in the button cluster in front of it its not a fx4
Sponsored