Wireless Apple Carplay

Housemanager

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercab Ranger
Haven't had those issues. Running ios 14 and sync ver 3.4...won't be upgrading the sync till they get all the issues fixed. as for the cust service, i think the company is china based.
may want to update the carplay2air firmware...I did when I first got the unit and it worked flawlessly for me.
I did the firmware when I first received.
Sponsored

LaKings

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Haven't had those issues. Running ios 14 and sync ver 3.4...won't be upgrading the sync till they get all the issues fixed. as for the cust service, i think the company is china based.
may want to update the carplay2air firmware...I did when I first got the unit and it worked flawlessly for me.
Jut ordered one and shipping is from China. Did it take forever to get to you after you ordered?

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
Jut ordered one and shipping is from China. Did it take forever to get to you after you ordered?
Yes it did. 45 days and this was at the height of the covid delays...looks like anything comin direct from china is gonna take awhile.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
For folks using a wireless airplay adapter: Does your microphone pick up your voice OK when on phone calls? When I connect my phone wired it's impossible to make any phone calls, because nobody can hear me on the other end of the call. Unplug (which switches to the native bluetooth to the Sync system) and instantly I can be heard. Really, really annoying.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
For folks using a wireless airplay adapter: Does your microphone pick up your voice OK when on phone calls? When I connect my phone wired it's impossible to make any phone calls, because nobody can hear me on the other end of the call. Unplug (which switches to the native bluetooth to the Sync system) and instantly I can be heard. Really, really annoying.
No issues from callers from me in any mode (direct plug in/ using wireless carplay/just sync3

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
What version of iOS and what model phone are you using? There is a well-documented issue with this for lots of people. I'm on an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 14.0.1. I'm running the latest Sync that was released (and later reverted) by Ford a few months ago.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/carplay-microphone-volume-level.2248/
ios 14.1 iphoneX, sync ver 3.3...not messin around with sync updates till I heat they get it done right.
BTW, another way to check the mic vol would be to call out to siri and see if that works. also try to send/reply to a text vocally

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
ios 14.1 iphoneX, sync ver 3.3...not messin around with sync updates till I heat they get it done right.
BTW, another way to check the mic vol would be to call out to siri and see if that works. also try to send/reply to a text vocally
I've also done tests with voice recording apps. The mic when wired is TERRIBLE. If I shout, I can barely be heard. Sounds like this is mostly a Sync 3.4 problem.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
I just wanted to clarify a couple of things for other people also doing research into the CPlay2Air adapter.

Because it's a Bluetooth connection, if you get out of the vehicle it will usually lose the connection. For example, if I get out and open and close the tailgate to take something out when I get back in I have to unplug it and plug it back in to reset it.
The adapter uses Bluetooth to make the initial connection to your phone for pairing purposes. After the first pairing however, it switches over to Wi-Fi for the main transmission. Getting in/out of the truck can still cause disconnects or hiccups. I just wanted to point out that the connection to the dongle unit is actually Wi-Fi which should create a very high-fidelity connection compared to a Bluetooth one.

Ill be mad if future sync 3 or apple updates brick it out but for now i'm lovin it.
According to the manufacturer there is no way to "brick" this device. It uses some software trickery to mimic a wired USB connection. So according to your car's Sync system, it thinks there is a wired USB device plugged in. Apple already supports CarPlay over Wi-Fi. So theoretically anything that breaks the way this device works, will also break millions of other wired/wireless CarPlay devices currently out in the world.
Sponsored