Who else is planning to lower their Ranger ?

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Speaking from experience, the 2" front, 4" rear lowering on my RWD 2019 is fantastic!

Much better access to the cab, bed and my euro Wildtrak roof rails.

And to my eyes, looks better too.

20200530_182930.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

KDHarrison

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Please add me to the lowering list as well. I have a bad back, and the in/out is a bit too much effort for me currently. I wasn't too concerned when I bought the truck, until I looked around and realized no lowering kits were available.

Reactions: Doc

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Please add me to the list. But with a question. I tow a 22-foot travel trailer. While I'd like to lower the rear for both looks and access, I don't want to mess up the truck's ability to tow the trailer. Anyone know how the lowering affects trailer towing?

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
AFAIK, lowering would not affect towing outside the possible need to add helper springs. All depends on tongue weight of trailer (i think thats the right term).

you would definitely need to talk to the manufacturer of the specific lowering kit you end up with to see what they say though.

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
AFAIK, lowering would not affect towing outside the possible need to add helper springs. All depends on tongue weight of trailer (i think thats the right term).

you would definitely need to talk to the manufacturer of the specific lowering kit you end up with to see what they say though.
Please add me to the lowering list as well. I have a bad back, and the in/out is a bit too much effort for me currently. I wasn't too concerned when I bought the truck, until I looked around and realized no lowering kits were available.
With the 4" drop, the original foam bump stops were resting on my "flip kit" and getting eaten up by the u-bolts even after trimming the stops by a few inches.

I replaced the OEM bump stops with Timbren rubber springs spaced off the frame by 19mm using HDPE I cut from a partial sheet I had. I get about an inch of sag before the Timbrens start taking any weight.

I've towed a couple fairly heavy loads including 1000 sq ft of sod and other than the lack of torque to get the load moving, had no issues. With 4500 lbs of sod on a 1500 lbs trailer, the tongue weight did give the Timbrens something to do but no drama.

If hauling that kind of load often, or over long distance, a weight distribution hitch would be preferable, but that goes for the Ranger lowered or not!

At least if still using the original springs, I don't think lowering has a negative effect on towing ability.